ADVERTISEMENT

Golden Norsemen Open

proud2bpokes

2nd Team
Gold Member
Feb 17, 2002
10 OSU back-ups were at NEO yesterday wrestling against small school competition and some ou back-ups. Cowboys won 6 of the 7 weight classes they were entered.

Birdwell. Won 141 so he is over his injury and won’t be making it down to 125. Won 5 matches with a pin and major.

Bloemhof. 3rd at 141. Went 7-1 with 2 pins and 2 majors.

Hone. Won 149. Went 4-0 with 2 pins

Sheets. 2nd at 149. 3-1 with 3 TF and a 9-7 loss to Hone.

Jordan Williams. DQ’d in his first match and FF in his 2nd. No details.

Mechler. 1st place going 4-0. 2 falls plus a MD in the finals.

Harper. 1st place going 4-0. 3 TFs with scores of 16-0, 16-1 and 16-0 and a 1st period pin.

Mowers. 4-0 with 3 1st period pins and a 16-0 TF of JUCO #3 ranked in the finals.

Shetley. 4-0 with 2 MD.

Simpson. 3rd at HWY. 5-1 with 4 1st period falls and a MD. Lost to UCO back-up (5th Year JR) who was their starter before Streck joined the team.

Overall they went 40-3 with one of those losses to a teammate. 29 wins by bonus including 16 pins. Considering level of competition, these results were probably expected, but we haven’t seen expected results often as of late.

Better than expected results from Mowers who was a late, unheralded addition to last years class. Simpson continues to win a large number of matches by fall. Of the results I can find, he is 9-1 with 8 pins. Domination from Harper.

Last edited:
I'd never heard of Mower until he beat Garrett Wells at all state. Seth interviewed him and Mower said he started wrestling in 7th grade. I think the HOF announcers said McComas didn't start until 7th grade as well.

According to WrestleStat, Spencer Lee is leading the country with a match power score of 5.214. That's average points scored per match based on 3 for a dec, 4 for a mdec, 5 for a tech, and 6 for a pin.

#s 2 and 3 in the country have match power scores of 5.2 and 5.143 respectively. Any guesses who they are?

...none other than Hayden Simpson & Benjamin Mower.

I'd never heard of Mower until he beat Garrett Wells at all state. Seth interviewed him and Mower said he started wrestling in 7th grade. I think the HOF announcers said McComas didn't start until 7th grade as well.
JJ started in 5th grade.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT