ADVERTISEMENT

getting excited..

tim73034

Commitment
Mar 23, 2010
It seems like we have a few guys in the hunt for top 4 / possibly national champs. (I realize some are bigger long shots than others...
125 - should definitely be top 4, possible finalist.. Lee has owned nationals thus far and it will take a huge effort and a bit of luck to win this weight

133 - So far Im upgrading this weight to possible match winner at nationals.. I need to see more

141 - I think this weight is wide open! Demas has some slick stuff, I question his gas tank and if Desanto moves up (which I think is the best move for Iowa), this could be an interesting weight. G has pinned Lee before.

149 - as long as the shoulder holds up, I think we are right there and will get to wrestle 2-6 in the course of the season, some of them more than once

157 - hopefully he can win some matches.. he is tough for sure.

165 - I need to see more

174 - if he can stay healthy, who knows...

184 - Zahid isot a lock here, got taken to the limit by Venz this past weekend.. i dont know if the bump up is too much at this point, Geer could place very high, will need things to fall right to threaten

197 and Hwt - we need help here

The most common "academic reasons" that cause you to miss scheduled meets would be ineligibility. However, if they are in the room working out, then they aren't ineligible. Can anyone confirm that Joe, Kaden and Putnam have been wrestling during practice this season?

The most common "academic reasons" that cause you to miss scheduled meets would be ineligibility. However, if they are in the room working out, then they aren't ineligible. Can anyone confirm that Joe, Kaden and Putnam have been wrestling during practice this season?

What Smith actually said (you can see it here: https://pistolsfiringblog.com/videos-john-smith-and-nick-piccininni-talk-opening-weekend-of-duals/) is that there are things that need to be taken care of before getting on the mat...like school. He expects Joe and G to travel with the team this weekend, though he did note we'd have to wait and see if they get in the lineup. It didn't sound to me like any of the three were ineligible.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT