ADVERTISEMENT

Geer Is Back

125-Mastro
133- Fix
141- Hone
149- Gfeller(with a chip on his shoulder)
157- Sheets
165- Wittlake
174- Plott (or Mantalvo, if Plott had surgery and needs to redshirt).
184- Geer
197- Ferrari
HWT- All American Austin Harris

Reactions: oberebo
I think John said that Gfellar never even got to train on the mat before Big 12's. His knee was a total mess and he was shocked he won a match at all. That took heart to wrestle and do as well as he did at the Big 12. I do not know the kid, but that was an effort. Do not sell him short as you do not know what was going on in his head. Think of Simone Biles and the olympics. Gutting it out on a bad knee like Sheets is pretty rare, but Gfeller's knee was worse!

I think John said that Gfellar never even got to train on the mat before Big 12's. His knee was a total mess and he was shocked he won a match at all. That took heart to wrestle and do as well as he did at the Big 12. I do not know the kid, but that was an effort. Do not sell him short as you do not know what was going on in his head. Think of Simone Biles and the olympics. Gutting it out on a bad knee like Sheets is pretty rare, but Gfeller's knee was worse!
Interesting, I hope his knee gets better then

I haven't seen anything from Gfeller in the last 2 years that makes me think he's the answer at 149. He seems like a good kid, I've met him and talked to him, but something doesn't seem right with him. Would be glad for him to prove me wrong.

I haven't seen anything from Gfeller in the last 2 years that makes me think he's the answer at 149. He seems like a good kid, I've met him and talked to him, but something doesn't seem right with him. Would be glad for him to prove me wrong.

I think he will need to make a major change in terms of lifestyle, attitude and commitment to be the guy we had all expected and hoped. At this point I doubt it happens.

Reactions: driad and tom_v31
Maybe he has, but John was damn excited about his effort at the Big 12's and he has a little more background than we do. You really have to hand it to he and Sheets as they were pretty messed up. Let's let this get settled in the room and not on the board.

Maybe he has, but John was damn excited about his effort at the Big 12's and he has a little more background than we do. You really have to hand it to he and Sheets as they were pretty messed up. Let's let this get settled in the room and not on the board.
No one can down OSU’s performance at the end of the year. Sheets is crazy tough. Gfeller has the talent but and can put together one good tournament here and there, insert joe Smith’s name here, but when you lose that eye of the tiger it is very difficult to get it back

Let's let this get settled in the room and not on the board.
Haha good point. Also we should consider maybe not discussing our guys' injuries in such a public place, you know, play it cool on the broadcasting-our-weaknesses-to-the-world bit.

Reactions: turfpoke
What are the other options at 149? I know a guy in the room that manhandled a future national champ and stuck him.

What are the other options at 149? I know a guy in the room that manhandled a future national champ and stuck him.
If you know a future national champ that's the kid we want in the lineup, who cares if he got "manhandled" or stuck in the practice room.

Reactions: thosick
Watch the video of Gfeller against future champ Nick Lee at the Scuffle. Back and forth match then G took him down and manhandled him to his back and stuck him.

Partying and smoking dope is/was an issue for at least some.

I’m exicited to see see what voinvich does at Junior worlds . Could be an option at 149 is a hammer on top .

Reactions: JAY45
125-Mastro
133- Fix
141- Hone
149- Gfeller(with a chip on his shoulder)
157- Sheets
165- Wittlake
174- Plott (or Mantalvo, if Plott had surgery and needs to redshirt).
184- Geer
197- Ferrari
HWT- All American Austin Harris
I believe this line -up has a potential for 8 all Americans . Are we a better team with Ferrari at Hvy weight , Surber at 197?

Watch the video of Gfeller against future champ Nick Lee at the Scuffle. Back and forth match then G took him down and manhandled him to his back and stuck him.
I saw the match, if he manhandled him there wouldn't have been any back and forth. Yeah I'm guessing Lee learned something from that match, a lot of freshmen make mistakes and learn from it.

I saw the match, if he manhandled him there wouldn't have been any back and forth. Yeah I'm guessing Lee learned something from that match, a lot of freshmen make mistakes and learn from it.
G cranked him over and stuck him like a high school match. I’ll go with that.

Reactions: ionel
If Ferrari is at hvy weight no doubt. Surber is an all American caliber guy .
I think the talent is in the room to win a team title in the next couple of years. Surber is a part of that. With that said I think AJ stays at 197 for one more season.

I think the talent is in the room to win a team title in the next couple of years. Surber is a part of that. With that said I think AJ stays at 197 for one more season.
Can he beat Harris? Harris finished really good at the end of the year. I hate to even mention this, since this post is about him, but Could surber drop down to 84 and take on Geer?

If G can salvage the rest of career and live up the hype he had coming out of HS, I'd would be shocked!! He's been mentally checked for 2+ years, and simply doesn't have the desire he had when he came into the program. When he gets that hunger back, someone let me know b/c to this very day, it's still not there.

AJ can be a 5 time champion at 197. He won’t beat Steveson and, I hate to say it, probably wouldn’t even be that close. His strength, quickness and flexibility can win him matches on takedowns and riding at 197. He’s so strong it’s very hard for anybody to complete a move on him. At heavy he can’t just outhorse people and some of those guys are big and strong enough to score on him. He would out quick most of them and is strong enough to take them. He could maybe win one with no Steveson but it is not guaranteed. Heck, he may just be a 4-5th place guy at heavy. He needs to work on his mat wrestling/pinning before he does anything. So no...a 4th at heavy and maaaaybe an 8th give or take at 197 with Surber (how soon?) is not better than an 8th and an almost guaranteed first.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT