ADVERTISEMENT

GAME THREAD (Debate #1)

Best quote of the night:

Wallace said “Let’s move to the next segment.” Biden responded (sarcastically): “Yeah, because we accomplished so much in the last one.”

I lasted the last 5 minutes and couldn't take anymore. More power to those of you who can. Two old men bickering. One stumbling over his own inability to make quality brain connections and functionality, the other talking about something completely irrelevant to the question and previous comments.

It's embarrassing that this is what we have to choose from, but those who are smartest do not seek public office (and for good reason).

UnimportantLastingAchillestang-size_restricted.gif

Think about this, voters believed Trump beat Ted Cruz in a debate. Nobody could actually beat Cruz in debate so Trump may get a bump out of that mess.

Reactions: AC2020
Tonight was just a reminder that politics is just another great American bloodsport....complete with rope-a-dopes and butterfly floatin’ ( or was that something else floatin’?)

No true knock out punches .... we go more rounds coming before we get to the score cards

Reactions: OUSOONER67
Joe reminded me of Hillary in 2016. Joe like Hillary would just laugh or smile real big when Trump called them out on things. They must teach that in CCCP/DNC Debate Class.

Reactions: iasooner1
Everyone knows I'm conservative (with the exception of healthcare and I'm probably liberal on that).

But I am MORE of a constitutionalist and patriot than conservative....probably leaning libertarian.

Tonight saddened me.

Trump had the chance to take care of Joe with calm, reasoned, rational and fair debate, but chose to make it only chaos non-stop interruption.

BUT....BUT....BUT..... The way debates go, you get "by with" what "you are allowed to get by with"....so kudos to Trump for realizing this and trouncing on the moderator.

The only really loser of the night, sadly to say, is the moderator.....that, and democracy.

No minds were changed tonight. We are where we were before it began

Reactions: SUPERPOKES
Everyone knows I'm conservative (with the exception of healthcare and I'm probably liberal on that).

But I am MORE of a constitutionalist and patriot than conservative....probably leaning libertarian.

Tonight saddened me.

Trump had the chance to take care of Joe with calm, reasoned, rational and fair debate, but chose to make it only chaos non-stop interruption.

BUT....BUT....BUT..... The way debates go, you get "by with" what "you are allowed to get by with"....so kudos to Trump for realizing this and trouncing on the moderator.

The only really loser of the night, sadly to say, is the moderator.....that, and democracy.

Do you remember 2012 when Biden interrupted & bullied Paul Ryan? This really isn’t new & Trump didn’t trust Wallace to press Biden on anything.

Reactions: OUSOONER67

Tonight saddened me.

47 years in Politics with nothing to show for it made up my mind for me. Even if Trump wasn't in it, it wouldn't be Joe Biden.

Reactions: iasooner1

Tonight saddened me.

I agree completely. I was telling my wife that I was frustrated by Trump for not doing exactly what you say. Seems so easy to bury Biden.

Really we should just set a topic for a set amount of time. Give 2 minutes to each candidate to start off that topic then let them go at it for 20 minutes or until they run out of steam whichever comes first.

The moderators always get in the way and they never finish a subject.

Reactions: IrishPokerDog

Tonight saddened me.

Trump’s a NY azzhole who mucks it up - it’s who he is; civil debate isn’t his style ~ but then after the last 4 years of attempts to denigrate and void his presidency, I don’t blame him coming out swinging

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT