ADVERTISEMENT

Freaky Mueller Friday

I think if you're not cheating, you're not trying -- just like the discussion we had the other day on voter fraud. Both sides probably committed crimes every opportunity they got.

You are projecting some interesting values. I've worked in and around many campaigns and I have never heard someone that I support, or any of their Intimates, advocate cheating or committing a fraud.

Interesting perspective: everyone cheats. Ergo you SHOULD?

Out of curiosity, does your moral code acknowledge a virtue beyond self interest?

Reactions: Pokeabear
You are projecting some interesting values. I've worked in and around many campaigns and I have never heard someone that I support, or any of their Intimates, advocate cheating or committing a fraud.

Out of curiosity, does your moral code acknowledge a virtue beyond self interest?

Not surprising since you only think Trump's campaign did unethical things in the last presidential election.

Reactions: GunsOfFrankEaton

A fedeal election cycle has the entire House, 1/3 of the Senate, and maybe a president - let's call it 569 or 570.

For those spots, the Federal Election Comission has a $80 million annual budget, 400+ employees. The FEC completed 300+ investigations levying millions in civil fines on illegal activities just in the recent cycle.

The conclusion is that campaigns are cheating like crazy

You think this is the first time Snopes has been caught skewering the truth?

Pull your head out of the sand.

What's their batting %? Who's better then?

Wait away, because I'm not going to post personal information here.

FdvyygH.gif

A fedeal election cycle has the entire House, 1/3 of the Senate, and maybe a president - let's call it 569 or 570.

For those spots, the Federal Election Comission has a $80 million annual budget, 400+ employees. The FEC completed 300+ investigations levying millions in civil fines on illegal activities just in the recent cycle.

The conclusion is that campaigns are cheating like crazy

You're just trying to normalize and justify corruption and Biff's amorality.

Your argument is another layer of deliberately spinning selective information. Wtf do I make from a # of investigations? Who did what? Was anyone guilty? Out of how many total candidates? How many per offending candidate? How many were kooks? That's just a glossy half-ass fact that means nothing.

And your thesis was that both sides cheated like crazy. I don't know what all both campaigns did, Im not sure Hillary had the energy and vibrancy to cheat anybody in real time. Bill might have.

You're just trying to normalize and justify corruption and Biff's amorality.

Your argument is another layer of deliberately spinning selective information. Wtf do I make from a # of investigations? Who did what? Was anyone guilty? Out of how many total candidates? How many per offending candidate? How many were kooks? That's just a glossy half-ass fact that means nothing.

And your thesis was that both sides cheated like crazy. I don't know what all both campaigns did, Im not sure Hillary had the energy and vibrancy to cheat anybody in real time. Bill might have.

Nothing would make me happier than seeing scores of these people from both sides going to jail. But nothing is going to happen to the elected officials. It's politics, not justice taking place here.

After reading about the Manafort memo, sure looks like Podesta is a likely candidate to be indicted in the next round

What in that memo makes you think Podesta is in the cross hair?

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/5453474-Manafort-filing.html

Manafort's casual, Biff-style lying is something else. He literally can't remember all his prior stories, lol. The guy must know he has a pardon in his back pocket. He reversed and re-reversed facts about another investigation, he lied about his communications with Senior administration officials into 2018.

Since I'm sure you have this filtered through the Hive, here's a link to Mueller's filing regarding Cohen.

The defendant’s false statements obscured the fact that the Moscow Project was a lucrative business opportunity that sought, and likely required, the assistance of the Russian government. If the project was completed, the Company could have received hundreds of millions of dollars from Russian sources in licensing fees and other revenues. The fact that Cohen continued to work on the project and discuss it with Individual 1 well into the campaign was material to the ongoing congressional and SCO investigations, particularly because it occurred at a time of sustained efforts by the Russian government to interfere with the U.S. presidential election. Similarly, it was material that Cohen, during the campaign, had a substantive telephone call about the project with an assistant to the press secretary for the President of Russia.
____

@Pokeabear is this the stuff that has Biff ragetweeting? The Cohen filing. Whew. That's the stuff Don Jr. has on him -- lying his ass off to Congress.

It is stunning the brazen lies these people tell on a regular basis. In writing, under oath, on camera, they do not give a shit. Total reflection of the "if you're not cheating you're not trying" ethos of our fearless moderator.

Gonna be an interesting start to the weekend tomorrow.

You nailed it. He got an early peek at the Mueller filings and it sent him into a tizzy. Pressure, baby.

His boy Cohen has been explaining all about the Russia footsy throughout the campaign, as well as his campaign paying hush $ illegally to cover up his bimbo eruptions. You know he couldn't see all that campaign cash sitting there and not steal some of it. He's bilked his campaign with self-dealing from its inception. He and his intimates don't have an ethical compass to stay out of trouble.

He's a pig on a spit right now, and he can't take it. Lady Karma can be SUCH a bitch.

You nailed it. He got an early peek at the Mueller filings and it sent him into a tizzy. Pressure, baby.

His boy Cohen has been explaining all about the Russia footsy throughout the campaign, as well as his campaign paying hush $ illegally to cover up his bimbo eruptions. You know he couldn't see all that campaign cash sitting there and not steal some of it. He's bilked his campaign with self-dealing from its inception. He and his intimates don't have an ethical compass to stay out of trouble.

He's a pig on a spit right now, and he can't take it. Lady Karma can be SUCH a bitch.

Agreed, an American Midas. He and his name will be be forever famous as his wish, but more as a Quisling and Arnold than an Einstein or Washington.

Reactions: Syskatine
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT