ADVERTISEMENT

Foxcatcher

okstatefan

Redshirt
Jan 28, 2003
Shawnee, OK
Saw Foxcatcher on Friday night after the WV dual. Thought the acting was terrific. The wrestling was realistic and even recognized a few of the wrestlers from the era portrayed by current wrestlers. Tyrone Lewis played one of Mark Schultz's opponents in a quick snippet. Also, Jake Herbert played our own Mike Sheets in a brief scene.

Steve Carell did an excellent job portraying the eccentric DuPont. Wildly different from any of his previous roles. Channing Tatum and Mark Rufffalo were excellent as well. You could tell they practiced their wrestling scenes enough to make them look very believable as wrestlers.

I would love to watch it...however, it may never come to theaters in Ardmore?

I am sure Redbox at Mcdonald's or Walmart will have it eventually.
wink.r191677.gif

I don't want to wait...I want to see it yesterday. But, for whatever reason, the business side of the movie didn't think it would be smart to have a big release on a movie about Wrestling in the state where the Wrestling Hall of Fame is located?

Thats what I want! I map that shows all Foxcatcher showtimes and locations.

The acting is great, but the movie is very slow moving, bordering on boring and in some ways disrespectful to wrestling. Save your money and wait for it to come on cable, might be more entertaining while having a beer or two.. BTW I watched a John DuPont self-promotion video my son found on the internet and as screwed up as Steve Carell depicted him, DuPont in real life was much more a mess than in the movie.

I was really excited about seeing it, but then I saw Mark Schultz blasting it. Looks like he changed his mind again and now he likes it.

EW Article

Oklahoman - http://newsok.com/foxcatcher-closely-mirrors-schultz-familys-story-and-is-a-punch-in-the-gut-to-viewers/article/5387617

This post was edited on 1/25 7:21 AM by 335Coop

Foxcatcher

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT