ADVERTISEMENT

Forget electricity creep in Texas. Think surge.

Sunburnt Indian

Heisman Candidate
Nov 7, 2001
Edge of the Comancheria
Yikes!!! There is one company today offering a 6.9 cents per kwh rate for 4 months for zip code 76643. Yesterday there was 8 companies offering 5.2 cents for 3 months. There are 2 companies offering 8.4 cents for 3 months.

I was thinking about paying the $20 penalty per month for early termination. My current contract ends May 3. I pay 9.1 cents. I should have.

I can't understand why poor people and the black community continually vote for Democrats. They've been voting Democrat for 60 years and things for them have not only not improved they've actually gone down the shitter for them.

I can't understand why poor people and the black community continually vote for Democrats. They've been voting Democrat for 60 years and things for them have not only not improved they've actually gone down the shitter for them.
Lyndon the rampant racist Johnson.
Took a hard working, God fearing group, blacks, who had a lower divorce rate than whites and destroyed them in many ways.
Great society, my azz.

Lyndon the rampant racist Johnson.
Took a hard working, God fearing group, blacks, who had a lower divorce rate than whites and destroyed them in many ways.
Great society, my azz.
There is only one 20th Century politician I think is/was more evil than Hillary, and that is LBJ. Try as I might - and I do try - I cannot scrub my absolute hatred for that man from my soul.

Reactions: SoonerRedYukon101
Florida and Texas saw Hispanics and blacks vote Trump in bigger percentages than 2016. Was it Zapata County in Texas that turned bright red? Zapata County is 94% Hispanic.

In the Dimm vote count controlled states, we don't know minority percentage votes.

Best deal today for my zip code is 9.7 cents per kwh for 36 months. 24 months is offered at 9.8 cents. An Atmos natural gas line runs at the corner of my lot. My house is all electric. The most economical water heater is hybrid (heat pump) Rheem or GE. The best place for a hybrid water heater is a hot Texas garage. Come June, check. The hybrid will cool my garage at no cost whatsoever and will heat water for less than cheap natural gas.

Waco still freezing. Chance of above freezing tomorrow. No York repairman yet. I'm getting low on firewood. 68F in my living room. 33F on my patio.

Reactions: iasooner2000
I worry about Texas.
They're getting a bit too purple for my taste.
If they go blue, that's a wrap for the GOP.
For eternity.
Yup- Austin is CA East- or CA wannabe. Is a cesspool- getting worse-
Abbott is en establishment squish who plays both side- he can't carry Desantis Jock

182 straight hours below 32F in Waco adding to the record set last night. My firewood is about to play out. Suburbs Hewitt and Lorena say use as little water as possible. Possibly getting above freezing Friday.

Work continues on the giant Amazon building. I haven't heard any SpaceX engines running lately. Too cold? Surely not. It's much colder on Mars.

The SpaceX boys tell me sometimes it gets to 65F at the Mars equator. Dust storms can be a horror show.

York repairman showed and switched me to emergency heat only. Out door heat pump is off. He said he'll be back early tomorrow AM. York supply store finally opens tomorrow.

York has approved upgrading me to 15 kw heat strips. I was installed with 10 kw in April 27, 2018, suitable for the CenTex climate. My heat pump has performed flawlessly the last 2 winters but has failed with this record setting cold, so I'll be upgraded to Omaha style heating capability. York doesn't want me begging for fire wood next winter.

Just spitballing, but one reason may be they have functioning utilities in blue states when it gets cold. They have running water, too.

• Haha
Reactions: okcpokefan12
Just spitballing, but one reason may be they have functioning utilities in blue states when it gets cold. They have running water, too.

Correct me if I am wrong here but the black community has had running water and utilities the entire time their communities have gone down the shitter. Problems caused by one cold snap have not caused all the problems the black community has, it's been a direct result of leftist policies.

Correct me if I am wrong here but the black community has had running water and utilities the entire time their communities have gone down the shitter. Problems caused by one cold snap have not caused all the problems the black community has, it's been a direct result of leftist policies.
You ever seen rural Louisiana? Oklahoma? Arkansas? What's holding them back?

Have you seen minority communities in every city in this country? They all have every modern convenience available and yet their communities are in shambles.

Have you seen the rural areas in these places? The poverty? The meth? And its mostly white people!! And its all Republican! Why come?

You think only black people make wrong decisions? Kind of racist of you, don't you think?

What are you trying to say?

Going on a Ted Cruz!

EvBSZ8aXYAEJJ0B

As a "professional tourist", I invited white liberals into East Cleveland, South Chicago, Belle Gardens, Gary, Jersey City and other Democrat strongholds for an up close look. I never got a taker. Dangerous! Always must be on guard for drive by shooters, robbers and such. Far less danger in Republican controlled poor white 'hoods.

As a "professional tourist", I invited white liberals into East Cleveland, South Chicago, Belle Gardens, Gary, Jersey City and other Democrat strongholds for an up close look. I never got a taker. Dangerous! Always must be on guard for drive by shooters, robbers and such. Far less danger in Republican controlled poor white 'hoods.

Crazy, I've invited lots of people to come to Colgate, Ada, McAlester, even Poteau and you wouldn't believe it, but... nobody wants to get a good look at America up close. They see pictures on google maps and say they've seen all they need.

No York heat pump repairman. Heat pump is working. Heat strips don't work. I haven't heard from York. After my e-mail, York told me they'd contact me within a business day.

Two 8.7 cents per kwh offers are available for 3 months. Maybe prices will settle down a bit.
This AM I called Oasis HVAC in Robinson. Brian arrived just after 1 PM. I gave him a brief history of my York problem and told him York installer Henry promised a fix but wouldn't show.

Brian opened the air exchanger closet in the mini hall from the garage. First thing he asked, "see the brown wire? Your leak sensor is not hooked up."

I asked Brian, "where are my heat strips?" He told me he was about to inspect them. After removing a panel, he said, "see these three wires? Your heat strips are not wired. Your heat strips have never heated."

Brian told me the heat pump alone got me through the last two mild winters but needed auxiliary heat to get me through record breaking cold.

Brain told me York makes really good simple stuff and all brands are junk when not correctly installed. I'll contact York tomorrow and lay out the details.

Brian said I have 10 kw heat capability instead of my former 15 kw because R410 heat pumps can move more heat than the old R22 pumps. My 10 kw should serve quite nicely. My living room is 74F.

Oasis is a Carrier dealer.

Electric bill showed for February record lows. $145.21 and 1609 kwh. 9.02 cents per kwh. Normally out the door for me is 9.3 cents per kwh. My current deal with Express Energy ends May 3. February '20 saw my use at 1126 kwh. The more I use rates lower.

Remember I used firewood for the first time because of incorrectly installed heating equipment. Properly installed equipment would have seen higher bill and a constant 74F room temp. Not 61F.

Dayum, not likely to happen that York would start a precedent but, they should issue you a big fat liability check for a couple o grand.
What they did initially sounds like lazy incompetence.
Geez...
The York woman told me they have no control who buys and installs their equipment. GM has some control over who sells and maintains a Buick.

Long ago I watched Chrysler make Billy Cook Chrysler-Plymouth-Dodge jump in Elk City, OK when I needed warranty work done on a Plymouth I bought at Milo Gordon Chrysler-Plymouth in Lawton. I was stationed at Clinton-Sherman AFB at Burns Flat.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT