ADVERTISEMENT

For My Friend @Syskatine (Part 2)

Ponca Dan

MegaPoke is insane
Gold Member
Dec 7, 2003
Please be so kind as to read this and tell us what you think.

Dan sorry to say that this Craig Eyerman post does not even make sense.
Please look at the executive orders signed by varios presidents.
Trump signed 69 executive orders od the 3 or 4 presidents obama had the least.
So what you are saying is that the executive orders signed by a president you like
are more acceptable.
Well i understand you didnt like trump but he leaned to the right so his executive orders are more acceptable to you than bidens

So what you are saying is that the executive orders signed by a president you like
are more acceptable.
Well i understand you didnt like trump but he leaned to the right so his executive orders are more acceptable to you than bidens
Ali, the point being made by Mr. Eyermam is Biden will use his executive power to burden businesses with regulations that will weaken the economy. Trump, for his many, many flaws, recognized the damage being done by overregulation and took steps to reverse it. It was one of the few things Trump did that I personally applaud him for. Trump probably understood the negative effects of regulation on the economy because he came into power as a businessman, had personal experience on how it is a drain on time and resources. Biden, on the other hand, has no understanding whatsoever of the chaos he will cause because he has never been anything but a corrupt politician. I believe Eyerman is correct in his prognostication that Biden will blunder our economy down a potentially dangerous path by dictating regulations that will aid his business supporters and hinder everyone else.

are more acceptable.

Read Obamas

Read Trumps

One was consolidating control

One was undoing bullshit

Read Obamas

Read Trumps

One was consolidating control

One was undoing bullshit
It all depends on which side of aisle you are standing.
I just saw lyndon johnson last interview and how he brought federal fair housing act while
most wanted him to go with an executive order he decided to against that and bring it to the congress.
I personally dont like executive orders even they happen here in pakistan.
Dan answering you i would say that the executive orders that trump came with should have come
through the congress specially since republicans held both the houses before 2018 elections.

I just saw lyndon johnson last interview and how he brought federal fair housing act while
most wanted him to go with an executive order he decided to against that and bring it to the congress.
Dan answering you i would say that the executive orders that trump came with should have come
through the congress specially since republicans held both the houses before 2018 elections.

Not if you read them all.

Theres a very distinct trend for both.

I completely agree with the point you are making. As for me personally I am against the concept of Executive Orders no matter who the executive is. It is blasphemy against the spirit and intention of our constitution.

But your point has next to nothing to do with the opinion being touted by Mr. Eyerman. It’s a different subject and should be on a different thread of its own.

I completely agree with the point you are making. As for me personally I am against the concept of Executive Orders no matter who the executive is. It is blasphemy against the spirit and intention of our constitution.

But your point has next to nothing to do with the opinion being touted by Mr. Eyerman. It’s a different subject and should be on a different thread of its own.

You couldn’t tell us what any executive order contained so I don’t think you have an actual opinion.

I know Ali or any other lib couldn’t ballpark any EO by either.

But all you dipshits have opinions.

You should ask him.
Hey, @Syskatine! Even though I think your political beliefs are as wrong as they can be I see no reason to dislike you as a person, and as a fellow OSU guy that I know only from this board, I consider you a friend whose aid I would come to if you needed help. Do you feel that way about me? Are we friends?

(There. I asked him. Now we just have to wait for his answer.)

Reactions: Dirk4177

Any specific regulation? I like some regulations and not others.

Hey, @Syskatine! Even though I think your political beliefs are as wrong as they can be I see no reason to dislike you as a person, and as a fellow OSU guy that I know only from this board, I consider you a friend whose aid I would come to if you needed help. Do you feel that way about me? Are we friends?

(There. I asked him. Now we just have to wait for his answer.)

Of COURSE we're friends. Don't let these MAGA attitudes cause needless division outside of hearty, largely meaningless, political disagreement

Reactions: Ponca Dan
Any specific regulation? I like some regulations and not others.
No, we’re not talking about any specific regulation, but the entire “body of work.” As the great libertarian/economic theorist, Fredrick Bastiat, taught us a century and a half ago, all government intrusion, even when it accomplishes its stated purpose, has negative unintended consequences, which oftentimes causes damage that remains hidden from view.

No, we’re not talking about any specific regulation, but the entire “body of work.” As the great libertarian/economic theorist, Fredrick Bastiat, taught us a century and a half ago, all government intrusion, even when it accomplishes its stated purpose, has negative unintended consequences, which oftentimes causes damage that remains hidden from view.

No, a regulation regarding the quality of the heat sensors on a nuclear reactor are different than a regulation regarding the hue of green for a capitol park snow cone sign. Regulations all pertain to different things.

No, a regulation regarding the quality of the heat sensors on a nuclear reactor are different than a regulation regarding the hue of green for a capitol park snow cone sign. Regulations all pertain to different things.
Indeed they do! And most regulations on businesses are there to protect the politically connected from any potential competition. Including requirements at nuclear reactors. As usual you are deflecting from an uncomfortable but realistic argument in an attempt to muddy the waters within the argument so you won’t have to actually concentrate on what you are being asked to concentrate on. It’s a cheap trick designed to avoid a painful truth.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT