ADVERTISEMENT

For My Friend, @07Pilt

Ponca Dan

MegaPoke is insane
Gold Member
Dec 7, 2003
In a recent thread you brought up the idea of “behavioral economics.” I argued against such a school of thought because I am heavily influenced by the writings of Rizzo and Whitman, two scholars who coined it “Economic Paternalism.” I find their argument/analysis to be spot on. Here’s a review of their book and an overview of what they find to be in error with the concept. I could not agree more with their observations and predictions of where it would lead. I thought you would find it interesting,

In a recent thread you brought up the idea of “behavioral economics.” I argued against such a school of thought because I am heavily influenced by the writings of Rizzo and Whitman, two scholars who coined it “Economic Paternalism.” I find their argument/analysis to be spot on. Here’s a review of their book and an overview of what they find to be in error with the concept. I could not agree more with their observations and predictions of where it would lead. I thought you would find it interesting,

Dan, I think you have a lot of misconceptions about behavioral economics. It is just the study of how human behavior deviates from human behavior as modelled in classical economics. In many cases it empirically human behavior that is rational and the classical model is irrational because it is a model and is definitionally incomplete.

Dan, I think you have a lot of misconceptions about behavioral economics. It is just the study of how human behavior deviates from human behavior as modelled in classical economics. In many cases it empirically human behavior that is rational and the classical model is irrational because it is a model and is definitionally incomplete.
So to put it another way you didn’t read the link.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT