ADVERTISEMENT

For Decades Our Society Has Cultivated A Culture Of Fear

Ponca Dan

MegaPoke is insane
Gold Member
Dec 7, 2003
And now it would appear the chickens have come home to roost. This is a very long essay that tells the truth. Would that more people recognize our lives for what they have become.

And now it would appear the chickens have come home to roost. This is a very long essay that tells the truth. Would that more people recognize our lives for what they have become.

I thought it was gonna be all the scared guys that are carrying guns everywhere they go.

Kind of silly, imo. People were correct to isolate and not create a worse situation by flooding the ICU's.

Underpinning such a fatalistic acceptance of the omnipresent risk of viral contagion is the absence of any belief in humanity’s capacity to solve the problems it confronts.

My God. This is the battiest, thickest, dumbest sentence I've ever read. Millions and millions of people correctly anticipated and used a vaccine. How could that author write?

Kind of silly, imo. People were correct to isolate and not create a worse situation by flooding the ICU's.

Underpinning such a fatalistic acceptance of the omnipresent risk of viral contagion is the absence of any belief in humanity’s capacity to solve the problems it confronts.

My God. This is the battiest, thickest, dumbest sentence I've ever read. Millions and millions of people correctly anticipated and used a vaccine. How could that author write?
I found the article to be quite believable, that sentence included. Our society has been inundated with “the sky is falling” screeches for a long time. I remember watching Linda Cavanaugh on Channel 4 years ago and joking with my wife that you couldn’t tune in without being told the world was dangerous and we should be very afraid. It has taken decades but the “fear factor” has finally taken root, and the Covid terror was the perfect storm as people withered from fright and begged our government to protect them. I thought the article caught the perfect tone and perfectly described what has become of our society.

Reactions: osuintx
I found the article to be quite believable, that sentence included. Our society has been inundated with “the sky is falling” screeches for a long time. I remember watching Linda Cavanaugh on Channel 4 years ago and joking with my wife that you couldn’t tune in without being told the world was dangerous and we should be very afraid. It has taken decades but the “fear factor” has finally taken root, and the Covid terror was the perfect storm as people withered from fright and begged our government to protect them. I thought the article caught the perfect tone and perfectly described what has become of our society.
Says the guy who is always crying that the sky is falling. Seems a bit rich.

Media sensationalism and alarmists have always been around in this country, Dan. Alarmists and chicken littles have always been around.

I see tremendous fear in all these guys that walk around armed to the teeth so they don't get shot. I remember when people felt confident and safe enough to walk around without a gun.

How can he say "Underpinning such a fatalistic acceptance of the omnipresent risk of viral contagion is the absence of any belief in humanity’s capacity to solve the problems it confronts." when millions of people anticipated and got a vaccine, and are now going about their lives like normal? Myself included? That vaccine was derived from humanity's capacity to solve problems, was it not?

Says the guy who is always crying that the sky is falling. Seems a bit rich.
Yeah, I walked right into that one. In my defense my “sky is falling” routine is not based on fear of external worldly events so much as the pleading by people for the government to protect them from those externalities. So, as progressives so often say when confronted with their hypocrisies: that’s different!

Last edited:
Media sensationalism and alarmists have always been around in this country, Dan. Alarmists and chicken littles have always been around.

I see tremendous fear in all these guys that walk around armed to the teeth so they don't get shot. I remember when people felt confident and safe enough to walk around without a gun.

I remember a time where damn near every single person that drove a pick-up truck had a rifle hanging on a gun rack in the back window. I very seldom ever carry but I've had a firearm of some kind in my truck ever since I was able to drive, even back when I was in High School.

Have you seen the fear in the dumbasses that think the world will end in [checks notes] 12 11 10 years now if we don't do whatever the left prescribes? 🤣🤣🤣 Good lord, talk about pussified wingnuts.

At least people walking around armed possibly have a legitimate fear. What is the excuse for the climate screechers?

I remember a time where damn near every single person that drove a pick-up truck had a rifle hanging on a gun rack in the back window. I very seldom ever carry but I've had a firearm of some kind in my truck ever since I was able to drive, even back when I was in High School.

Yeah, I did! For hunting. Not for incel rallies to act tough and hope we could shoot someone. We'd dove hunt before school. You know -- had a legit use for the guns.

At least people walking around armed possibly have a legitimate fear. What is the excuse for the climate screechers?

Damn all those scientists!

Flailey, convene the plumbers, lol! Let's get to the bottom of it!

FLAILEEEEEEEEEE say REEEEEEEEEEEEE at those scientists! Flailey say hold up, les get some plumbers!

tumblr_mr3zd4IxNx1sdur6co1_400.gif

Yeah, I did! For hunting. Not for incel rallies to act tough and hope we could shoot someone. We'd dove hunt before school. You know -- had a legit use for the guns.
You've never even fired a firearm, dickbreath.

Damn all those scientists!

Flailey, convene the plumbers, lol! Let's get to the bottom of it!

FLAILEEEEEEEEEE say REEEEEEEEEEEEE at those scientists! Flailey say hold up, les get some plumbers!

tumblr_mr3zd4IxNx1sdur6co1_400.gif
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

You produce the perfect caricatures of yourself!

It never gets old. It should. But it doesn't.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Yeah, I walked right into that one. In my defense my “sky is falling” routine is not based on fear of external worldly events so much as the pleading by people for the government to protect them from those externalities. So, as progressives so often say when confronted with their hypocrisies: that’s different!
fear is fear.

Have you seen the fear in the dumbasses that think the world will end in [checks notes] 12 11 10 years now if we don't do whatever the left prescribes? 🤣🤣🤣 Good lord, talk about pussified wingnuts.

Did you really refer to another poster as "pussified?" In all your fear of COVID and masks and vaccine support do you really think you have a right to do that? Asking for a friend. He's a nutty lib for sure- but I'm saying as much fear as you spread thats kinda pot calling kettle black.

Easy way for people not to get shot, don't threaten people or put them in a position where they feel the need to shoot you. Pretty simple.
I'm a firm believer in, an armed society is a friendly society. Be an asshole at your own risk.

Reactions: osuintx
Easy way for people not to get shot, don't threaten people or put them in a position where they feel the need to shoot you. Pretty simple.
I'm a firm believer in, an armed society is a friendly society. Be an asshole at your own risk.

What a man!!! Do you have a little holster in your orthostockings?

I think you landed in the wrong thread. It was culture of “fear”, not “queers”.

Reactions: iasooner2000
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT