ADVERTISEMENT

F'n Raccoons

Chillwell

Heisman Winner
Jun 16, 2001
Anybody have any ideas on how to get rid of them. They are tearing my yard to hell.

About a year ago, we hired a guy to trap them. Over the course of 6-8 weeks, he trapped three raccoons, one skunk, one opossum, and one fox. He said the opossum & fox wouldn't damage the yard, but the raccoons & skunk would. That seemed to fix things for a bit.

However, now they're back.

Last edited:
Use persimmons for bate. I either have a huge raccoon hanging around or Bigfoot is stalking me now.

Move to the city if you don’t like nature.

PS what are they doing, digging for grub worms or something?

caddy-2.jpg

haven't heard raccoons tearing up yards...you sure it's not armadilloios? Didn't think they liked grubs that much buy maybe they do. A lot of trouble for a minute amount of food. I'd just shoot 'em or start peeing in your yard to mark your territory.

Reactions: wyomingosualum
Very easy to trap. So easy my girl was doing it at age 6. Coon cuffs are your friend. Cat food and a few marshmallows in the bottom. Choke them out with a rope if you can't use a firearm.

haven't heard raccoons tearing up yards...you sure it's not armadilloios? Didn't think they liked grubs that much buy maybe they do. A lot of trouble for a minute amount of food. I'd just shoot 'em or start peeing in your yard to mark your territory.
This is what I thought. I am in a war with armadillos right not digging the shit out of my yard

This is what I thought. I am in a war with armadillos right not digging the shit out of my yard
people don't realize how quick they are, if they can see you. If you come up from behind quietly you can get fairly close to them. You gonna have to get a gun and kill them most likely. They're diggin' for grubs most likely but surprised they are still around in this cold.

Armadillos can be trapped as well. Go to Atwood’s or farm ranch supply store and buy a cage trap. Get some long scrap boards and put in yard where they are working and use boardsime a funnel to trap door. Dillos can’t see for s and will work along a wall or between “fences” as they travel.

Reactions: CBradSmith
Armadillos can be trapped as well. Go to Atwood’s or farm ranch supply store and buy a cage trap. Get some long scrap boards and put in yard where they are working and use boardsime a funnel to trap door. Dillos can’t see for s and will work along a wall or between “fences” as they travel.

Exactly what my dad does. He's trapped 10 this fall. Uses wood from the wood pile (to be burned in a stove) single piece end to end funneling them into a cage. Dumb animals.

I love walking up on armadillos and just punting them off the ground.

The raccoons don’t bother me as much as the damn possum. I hate those evil looking nasty bastards. Marsupial pricks.

The possum always get into my deer feeder, I have dispatched several of them this year. The raccoons, not so much. I took some shots at them, they have pretty much stayed away since then.

Reactions: CBradSmith
I love walking up on armadillos and just punting them off the ground.
You better hope they don’t have a sudden technological/evolutionary breakthrough after publicly stating this. You’re gonna be in deep shit!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT