ADVERTISEMENT

Flo-next season lineup

I’m not a big fan of blaming officials or bagging on them.

But, those 3 should be banned from them sport!
Officials miss calls, they are human just like us. But when it is blatant and clearly an illegal grab you should nut up and overturn the call especially on the biggest stage of the year.

I understand you don't want to seem like you made a mistake but it looks worse when you can't even own up to your own mistake and make the right call.

Officials miss calls, they are human just like us. But when it is blatant and clearly an illegal grab you should nut up and overturn the call especially on the biggest stage of the year.

I understand you don't want to seem like you made a mistake but it looks worse when you can't even own up to your own mistake and make the right call.
Yup, I don't know how a "good" person, could knowingly call a premature stalemate...like no question, hasn't been called in 5 seconds all YEAR, much less that tournament in the FINALS. THEN, turn around and miss a blatant headgear grab.

There was no sane person in viewing of that match that thought Fix didn't get screwed!

Yup, I don't know how a "good" person, could knowingly call a premature stalemate...like no question, hasn't been called in 5 seconds all YEAR, much less that tournament in the FINALS. THEN, turn around and miss a blatant headgear grab.

There was no sane person in viewing of that match that thought Fix didn't get screwed!
That ref is garbage. I just watched the match again. Fix gets the legs in, Jim Gibbons knows it’s over. Action never stops, but the ref wants to give Suriano a chance. Calls stalemate with :09 left. :30 tie breaker it is basically impossible to call stalemate on the top man riding.

That ref is garbage. I just watched the match again. Fix gets the legs in, Jim Gibbons knows it’s over. Action never stops, but the ref wants to give Suriano a chance. Calls stalemate with :09 left. :30 tie breaker it is basically impossible to call stalemate on the top man riding.
How long where the legs in while there's top action?

I honestly thought, it was against the rules to call stalemate in .30 OT?

How long where the legs in while there's top action?

I honestly thought, it was against the rules to call stalemate in .30 OT?
Suriano leaned back into Fix and reached back for the head. Fix got both legs in at about :21 and rolled Suriano flat. Suriano started coming back up and Fix was trying to flatten him out again and stalemate was called at :09.

Suriano leaned back into Fix and reached back for the head. Fix got both legs in at about :21 and rolled Suriano flat. Suriano started coming back up and Fix was trying to flatten him out again and stalemate was called at :09.
Yup, I’m triggered all over again.

That man put a monkey on a kids back and possibly ruined (what many will consider underachieving) a good young man.

Also, I think it was blatant and done with purpose. I know it’s hard to be an official, but this situation was just egregious.

Yup, I’m triggered all over again.

That man put a monkey on a kids back and possibly ruined (what many will consider underachieving) a good young man.

Also, I think it was blatant and done with purpose. I know it’s hard to be an official, but this situation was just egregious.
So watching the match. Daton was on bottom for :30. Tied 1-1. Suriano grabbed Daton’s ankle and was getting drug around for the final :05. The referee counted the :05 and called Suriano for stalling. That made it 2-1 Fix. The referee went and reviewed the :05 call and it was correct. The referee got emotionally involved in the match. The quick stalemate call was obviously called to give Suriano an opportunity to escape. The escape happened and then they blew the headgear grab. Which is a 1 point penalty and in sudden victory ends the match. They didn’t seem to want it to end that way either.

The ref was clearly feeling insecure about his earlier call that was reviewed and thus nailed Fix with a premature stall call to likely avoid that situation again. It shouldn't of been called, BUT Fix still had a chance to win the match if he could of rode out Suriano for :09 sec, which he failed to do. He could of ran Suriano out of bounds twice and he would of had won.

The ref was clearly feeling insecure about his earlier call that was reviewed and thus nailed Fix with a premature stall call to likely avoid that situation again. It shouldn't of been called, BUT Fix still had a chance to win the match if he could of rode out Suriano for :09 sec, which he failed to do. He could of ran Suriano out of bounds twice and he would of had won.
He could've also not had his headgear grabbed and he would've won...

It should have never gotten to that point, Daton had both legs thrown in, in the middle of the mat. It was over. Suriano did the same move on the restart and slipped out. Running him off the mat wasn’t happening.

I think Daton got screwed in his first Finals match as well. However, in three NCAA Finals matches, he has exactly ZERO takedowns. So hard to feel all that sorry for him. He's also either 23 or 24 years old now. Hope he eventually gets it done. Could possibly have two more chances but with RBY coming back year it may be the year after next. When he's wrestling as a 26 year old super senior...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT