ADVERTISEMENT

Flash TV show

Haven't seen tonight's episode yet. Are you talking about something specific to that episode or looking for a broader background about his character throughout the show?

Haven't watched tonight's show yet. So far to me, he's been pretty much a mystery.

There are a couple of theories that I have regarding who he is.

My first inclination is the guess that he might actually be Professor Zoom. A figure from the future that supposed that it was part of his responsibility to shape the Flash into a hero that he would become through a series of challenges. If I remember right, he is somehow connected to Reverse Flash, the guy in the yellow Flash suit that's been tormenting Barry most of his life.

Others think he might be one of the new gods. The new god they propose he might be is Metron, who like the good doctor sits in a mobile chair. Metron is a nuetral character that is an observer of events in the cosmos and is known the frequently switch sides between good and evil.

Bottom line, none of us really knows.

IMO, he is the best thing about the show, because he is the one true mystery. For those who have read the comics, a lot of the other storylines are predictable. But, no one really knows exactly what is going on with this guy. I do think that there must be a reason that he is pretending to need a wheelchair. Logically, that would suggest that he has super speed powers of his own and is using the wheelchair as a way to cover that information up. No one would suspect a dude in a wheelchair to be able to run, much less, run a supersonic speeds.

I watched the show. I'm convinced he's Professor Zoom from the future. Zoom is one of the Reverse Flashes from the comics.

Zoom isn't tied in to the Speed Force like Barry. He moves at normal speed yet has the appearance of speed by manipulating time travel.

The other Reverse Flash is a criminal from the future named E. Thawne (connection to Joe's partner?).
Posted from Rivals Mobile

According to wiki, Eobard Thawne is known as both the Reverse Flash and Professor Zoom at different points. That's why a lot of people assumed the Eddie Thawne on the show was the one who killed Barry's mom (I can't imagine a guy named Eobard showing up). But yeah, the scientist has seemed very sketchy all along, and has some connection to the future, which the comics version of PZ/RF also had. I'm currently assuming he's the big bad, and the Thawne thing was mostly to throw us off. He may become a Flash villain as well, though, since after last week's episode he was pretty clearly antagonistic toward Flash.

Originally posted by ThePokewithNoName:
Thawne and Zoom are two different people.
Only pointing out what wiki says. I don't claim to be a Flash rogues gallery expert.

Eobard Thawne[/B], also known as "Professor Zoom[/B]" and "Reverse-Flash[/B]", is a Bart Allen. Zoom first appeared in The Flash[/I] (vol. 1) #139 (September 1963).

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT