ADVERTISEMENT

Fix VS DeSanto

Aug 26, 2018
I see the match coming down to the counter attacks of Fix . I predict 6-3 dec in favor of Fix. What’s everyone else’s prediction?

Reactions: andegre
I'm picking Desanto to win because I love GIA. I'm afraid if he gets beaten he will throw such a tantrum that it tears the building down. Plus, I fear for the safety of the folks in the first several rows.

I would love to see Fix break him...we just haven't seen that man in awhile.

I'm picking Desanto to win because I love GIA. I'm afraid if he gets beaten he will throw such a tantrum that it tears the building down. Plus, I fear for the safety of the folks in the first several rows.

I would love to see Fix break him...we just haven't seen that man in awhile.
I mean he beat Erneste pretty decently.

DeSanto is definitely the bad boy of college wrestling. He has came on lately but I think Fix will win. And it’s very possible he will cost the Hawks a team point after the match.

DeSanto is definitely the bad boy of college wrestling. He has came on lately but I think Fix will win. And it’s very possible he will cost the Hawks a team point after the match.
Also keep your eye on Terry, could be 2 points if also a loss of mat control point for the coach having to drag his wrestler off the mat again.

One of the fascinating things to me about OSU/Iowa is to see the game plans by both coaching staffs and if the wrestlers can execute them.

For Fix vs DeSanto, I think Daton should make it a takedown battle and conserve energy while on top. Daton rode Erneste & Bridges, but I don't think that's a good strategy against DeSanto - Suriano picked up 2 stall calls on top and then seemed winded at the end.

I'll go Daton by 2 or 3 points.

One of the fascinating things to me about OSU/Iowa is to see the game plans by both coaching staffs and if the wrestlers can execute them.

For Fix vs DeSanto, I think Daton should make it a takedown battle and conserve energy while on top. Daton rode Erneste & Bridges, but I don't think that's a good strategy against DeSanto - Suriano picked up 2 stall calls on top and then seemed winded at the end.

I'll go Daton by 2 or 3 points.
Although isnt Desanto not very good on bottom?

Last edited:
Reactions: andegre
If he attacks Fix that plays right into Fix’s wheelhouse

Last edited:
Although isnt Desanto not very good on bottom?

Yeah, that was the book on him last year, but he seems to have gotten a little better. If Daton can get double boots in great, but if DeSanto keeps getting up to his feet then I would just cut him.

Reactions: osu2082
Fearless Predictions for the Iowa match-not really as it is guess work, some research and a little hope.
125 Pic vs. Lee Pic is wrestling much better this year and Lee has been dinged up. My heart says pic but my head says Lee in a close battle. 3-0 Iowa
133 Fix vs. DeSanto Close match but while DeSanto has a terrific engine he is sloppy in his moves and Fix is a better technician. Fix by decision 3-3
141 Kaid Brock vs.Murin This would be easy if we were talking last year. However Brock is the better wrestler and I believe he will show that Sunday. Brock by decision.
OK State 6 Iowa 3
149 Kaden Gfeller#6 vs. Pat Lugo#11. Without Gfeller's injury I would easily pick Kaden. We need this match badly particularly for seeding purposes later. I believe Kaden will win by close decision. OK State 9 Iowa3
157 Wyatt Sheets vs.j Kaleb Young#7 Going to have to go by the rankings on this one but Sheets is rapidly improving. Young by Decision. OK State 9 Iowa 6
165 Chandler Rogers#11 vs. Alex Marinelli #2 It will be Rogers funk vs. Marinelli's strength and I am afraid strength will out. Marinelli by Dec. 9-9
174 Joe Smith #7 vs. Mitch Bowman Joe is too slick for Bowman. Smith with a decision. OK State 12 Iowa 9.
184 Jacobe Smith #11 vs.Cash Wilke#14 Jacobe by Decision OK State 15 Iowa 9
197 Preston Weigel#6 vs. Jacob Warner #4. We have to score a takedown here to win and then his patented ride. Warner is ranked #4 for a reason and Preston still not fully healed. Warner by Decision OK State 15 Iowa 12.
Which means it can come down to heavy weight.
Derek White#2 vs. Sam Stoll #7. Stoll is huge and quick for his size but may have lost a half step due to the knee. Derek is good in all positions but he is giving away a lot of weight. This may go to overtime and I believe Derek will win it there by Decision. ZOK State 18-Iowa 12.
The matchups are too close for me to feel extremely confident about these predictions and there could be upsets both ways which is what makes a great wrestling match.

LETS GO POKES!!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT