ADVERTISEMENT

Fishing kayak

panhndlpoke

Heisman Candidate
Sep 6, 2006
Anyone have one? I bought a very inexpensive Sun Dolphin and spent about 16 hours fishing out of it this past weekend. All it did was make me want a better one.

Curious what or if anyone has some info.

P_XL_Camo__98102.1476304939.jpg

Haha, I'm not buying a kayak with an electrical system. I'm thinking slightly less expensive, as well. Besides, the things I fish don't need motorized transport to cross. I would probably enjoy pedals, though.

Only on the coastal flats or the boundary waters would I use something like this motorized kayak. As you probably know, they make one similar with pedals, so you can keep your arms free to fish.
I'm intrigued by the ones wide enough to stand up on as well.... for my old body, that sounds like asking for trouble.

If you fish where you float tube, standing is irrelevant. On the other hand, if you fish where man eating species exist or casting 100 yards is relevant, things are different. I live so close to the ocean that I'm more worried about sharknado's than anything else.

All I've fished is SOT but I think sit in would probably be more suited to fishing colder weather/water in NM and CO. I got pretty wet in my SOT and it got a little cold. If I had a kayak where you sat up out of the water and had a better paddle, I think a SOT would be much less cold but I haven't really been able to expirament much. Also, I think a sit inside would be less affected by winds.

Not if you want a fully pimped-out fishmobile. ;)

I will say that the one thing I really liked about it is that seat and it's height., and it looks comfortable for day on the water.
Somebody went to a lot of trouble to outfit that thing. Salt Flats boat I think

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT