ADVERTISEMENT

First Man

The Duke

MegaPoke is insane
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
Austin TX
Going Thursday night, reviews are good. Space program is one of my interests and hearing Armstrong’s family strongly back this film as authentic goes a long way w me.

Any reviews?

Saw it Friday and liked it. Be aware its not Apollo Thirteen or 2001. Its a Neil Armstrong Biography. But its very well done and it has some excellent space scenes. Gives you a good sense of the man and his times.

Last edited:
Reactions: The Duke
Going Thursday night, reviews are good. Space program is one of my interests and hearing Armstrong’s family strongly back this film as authentic goes a long way w me.

Any reviews?
I thought it was outstanding. Saw it at the IMAX Sunday. Claire Foy knocked it out of the park as his wife IMO.

The “controversy” about the flag planting was way overblown, although I do believe the filmmaker’s comments about it were I’ll considered given the studio’s primary target audience.

It is primarily a biopic of Armstrong, after all it’s based on a book that was a biography of Neil Armstrong. But it also does a really good job of presenting the look and feel of the 1960’s.

Reactions: The Duke
Loved the film. Very personal story, well acted. Did a great job of showing the human cost of the 1960s space race.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT