ADVERTISEMENT

First day of signing letter of intent today

mike tognetti

All-American
Jan 27, 2012
I know Nick Piccininni, Boo Lewallan, Tristan Moran, Kaid Brock and Joe Smith are all signing today! Officially Cowboy, welcome aboard. Looking for great things from all of you. Andrew Marsden will be signing his on Friday.

This post was edited on 11/12 6:38 AM by mike tognetti
B2RVetUIIAAiYYb.jpg:large

This post was edited on 11/12 7:14 PM by mike tognetti

awesome class..... i will be at lewallans signing at 2pm today.... great pieces to our future championship team....#cowboyup

This post was edited on 11/12 3:01 PM by thompsonja

I haven't followed HS wrestling very closely but just how good a wrestler is Joe Smith? Is he "elite" good as in potential national champ? Is he on the level of say Chance M?

Joe should be a 4 time finalist and 3 time state champion in a few months. He is top 4 or 5 nationally at his weight and shows up on the top 20 pound for pound nationally ranked guys so from a rankings and pedigree standpoint competing for a national championship at some point in his college career is certainly a possibility.

CM came in as one of the more storied HS wrestlers and was arguably the top HS wrestler at any weight and talk of multiple NC's is the starting point in conversations about him which is probably unfair.

Others on here are much more knowledgeable about all this than me and can chime in.

2082, I agree with that perspective. I think it is as unfair to compare anyone to CM as it was to compare him to Kolat. That being said I think Joe Smith will excel at the next level. I started to respond earlier, but decided to watch some of his matches first. He has great body control and is always the aggressor. I rewarched ho match with Manville and in the 5 minutes I watched Smith was the only one who took a shot, against Racer he took all the shots and at WNO he was clearly the one pushing the pace. I am very excited about his college career.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT