ADVERTISEMENT

Finally got my set up complete

Ostatedchi

MegaPoke is insane
Gold Member
Jan 5, 2002
What do you think? LWRC 6.8 SPC with Surefire SOCOM suppressor.

FHB3u5qPWTrLQpd-o83YreBirFl-ck7EldEzt6oLdO-c4SWXnPGyf8-GED-K3kc47Y5QOZd1UKa8XYL5uUU7zvZaKy2_DK6UcFXIjTUADuy1JhPu5LdqO2CbtF48Zdb2m-WMKJLsBgC_xC8nfAegobHN4NqPA7poMCARfwl6PEPtNSyjr4IG0n92SssX1ThjAhdQO3AQMbhqSHBFoZpj8AG2BuEw54J-aMccSnKpOldxJ0ILw4ANyoQLkc6RG5At_hexIQllM_qWaDbW7A3C6atNeUwzj1X6d8zvkBnLsjcSLdW-xkMGMi7lLqDFV_1b4lS_rOMb2fVf452Rcw0OG9voABJpsqoHAEs2R6Y8aATWk76y8M1HXXaNBEG0Re_B8bu65ILFKTvKwF1eVGAEQiDrQh3CjQAeUkza-aPGFhzaemyliZA1tVjis0tdv0gb8JIz2xIhnxW7yxnaNxavFFDgyPkpPUsuRwZCBA6D_xk2SEAruBUNKMNP_iYYSfodBQRkOkC7XMj2N1ACOMkY0iNrb8uyFJDGbC1nlxFKmsaUkjKMeX7QSVA68le9uIpzgurwDH1RJiLW-Sg5_NXVuG7oBPOKvTXW84vAHs3TvS8o01ageTqgQayc7edtLE2xagKjm5LNUk3-ug9KE6VXJOQMsOBrFhl5=w1845-h565-no

(hopefully the image works. First time sharing from Google images.)

Oh lord...that’s damn sexy.

I need to get a 300 blackout upper so I can shoot some subsonic 300BO with my Osprey.

Reactions: Ostatedchi
Believe it or not, I haven't shot it suppressed yet. But damn that was a pain to get. Took a full year to get the gun trust approved.
I'm also still working on different ways to mount the optics. Different optics for different conditions. That Leupold scope is a 3.5 to 10 x 40. So I should be pretty good up to 600 yards or so. Not that I'd really want to try to take something down at that distance.

Yeah, here in the northeastern part of the state, at least for me, I rarely shoot past 150-200 yards at anything that flies or crawls. Out to 600, mostly targets. My main gun is my Ruger m77 mkii in 7.62x39 lol. My old 30.06 hasn’t penetrated flesh in ages.

That’s a sweet rig. I finally got to do some shooting with my Daniel Defense 6.8 with my Sig can on a couple of weekends ago. Noticeable difference in noise. However, I do not recommend Hornady 110gr V Max for shooting pigs. Or the 110gr BTHP’s for that matter either. I have a couple boxes of the SST’s I haven’t tried yet, maybe they’ll do the trick.

That’s a sweet rig. I finally got to do some shooting with my Daniel Defense 6.8 with my Sig can on a couple of weekends ago. Noticeable difference in noise. However, I do not recommend Hornady 110gr V Max for shooting pigs. Or the 110gr BTHP’s for that matter either. I have a couple boxes of the SST’s I haven’t tried yet, maybe they’ll do the trick.
Why don't you recommend them? I do have some hog loads as well.
Hornady-100-Grain-GMX-Hog-Hunt-3.jpg

Last edited:
I’ve shot I think 5 or so pigs with them, well placed shots within 50 yds, and it’s taken at least 2 follow up shots to bring them down.

I know they’re tough animals, but I’ve dropped countless with my .223 with one shot.

I’ve shot I think 5 or so pigs with them, well placed shots within 50 yds, and it’s taken at least 2 follow up shots to bring them down.

I know they’re tough animals, but I’ve dropped countless with my .223 with one shot.
Just goes straight through I guess

You know, I didn’t even check for a pass though.

I did shoot a doe last year in the neck with the v max and it dropped it though.

I honestly don’t care if I recover the pigs, I just want them to run off and die somewhere else. I’m going to have some fun this year in the tree stand with my Tac-Sol .22 pistol and Tac-Sol can. Keep those pesky things away from my feeder quietly.

Rambo is envious. Great looking set up!!!
Even with my 6.5 Creedemoore, I shoot a 140 gr hunting bullet.
What is the grain weights available for the "Full Boar" loads? I think 110 is awfully light but i'm surprised that the heaviest bullet I could find online was a 120 gr. offering.... surprised they don't offer something around a 140 gr at least (in a quality expandable bullet), I'd sure want to try that. Any handloading potential here?

Or just shoot them in the brain. I've dropped hogs straight down with a 22 rimfire shooting them In the temple.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT