ADVERTISEMENT

FINAL X coming to Stillwater

A few more registrations...

U20 - Juniors
Cael Hughes - 61 KG
Cutter Sheets - 70 KG

Still waiting on guys like Young, Travis Mastro, Haas, Mechler, Birdwell, Anthony Ferrari & Blankenship.

U17 - think this is to make the Cadet World Team
Aydan Thomas - 45 KG
Jace Roller - 65 KG
LaDarion Lockett - 71 KG
Landyn Sommer - 71 KG

I'm not sure how old Angelo Ferrari, Robb & Thompson are, they could go either U17 or U20 if they are competing.

Cowboy RTC had some guys register for U20
Kyle haas 92 kg
Teague Travis 65 kg
Cooper birdwell 61 Kg

Reactions: DPJ
Kind of odd that Haas is going 92 KG. That's 19 lbs over his projected college weight. Figured he would be at 86 KG.

Yeah it’s interesting but I don’t think it’s that big of a deal. He could be just not cutting weight because it’s offseason. If he wants to be in the lineup it will be at 184 and he wants to be in the lineup lol

How about leaving AJ @ 197 and swapping Surber & Haas? That was the original plan 3 years ago.

Surber was on 4 meals/day + protein shakes and he got up to around 220. Can Haas get bigger doing the same?

Reactions: turfpoke
How about leaving AJ @ 197 and swapping Surber & Haas? That was the original plan 3 years ago.

Surber was on 4 meals/day + protein shakes and he got up to around 220. Can Haas get bigger doing the same?
Is Haas currently 230/240ish? Otherwise prob no.

Surber is the guy at heavyweight he will be at least 235 by next year. Ferraris best potential is at 197 he’ll be the favorite. If he was at HWT he’d be top three but in my opinion not the favorite. Look at what the OSU instagram/twitter posted surber already looks bigger

Surber is the guy at heavyweight he will be at least 235 by next year. Ferraris best potential is at 197 he’ll be the favorite. If he was at HWT he’d be top three but in my opinion not the favorite. Look at what the OSU instagram/twitter posted surber already looks bigger
I think that picture might be old. Plott & Sheets are in the background wearing the exact same gear in a picture 3 weeks ago. I don't how much bigger Surber could have gotten a week and half after Nationals.

Lol details… Surber made the big 12 finals he’ll be just fine with another year in the room even if he doesn’t get any bigger which he will

JJ mcComas registered at 60 KG for U17
Brayden Thompson registered at 79 KG for Seniors. Probably just wants to test the waters at senior level he’s already qualified for the junior world team trials

Every wrestling fan in Oklahoma needs to be at Final X. Super event with the best in the nation competing. USA is concerned that there may not be good attendance in Stillwater. If we are going to get to host a great event like this again we need to be there.

I’m pissed I won’t be able to make it but I will be in Italy so I guess that’s a decent excuse. But I agree, if you’re a wrestling fan of any kinda you will be there. I hope it’s a good turnout.

I would love to go but based on ticket prices I expect a small crowd.$50 is higher than I expected and people are busy in the summer.

Would be good if a big wresting fan or donor would subsidize the ticket cost just to get fans in the seats.

I agree but I would be surprised if there is more than 3k there which makes GIA look empty.Lots of folks on a budget out there.

A lot depends on how much marketing Flo wants to put into it. I haven’t seen a ton of promo’s this far. They are the major sponsor for the event so you would think between them, USA wrestling and OSU they could attract a good size crowd. I believe they are also having the National Wrestling HOF inductions throughout the event as well.

I only watched the finals and it looked like no one was there, perhaps only coaches, family, athletes.
Then not sure why USA is worried about a crowd.Sounds like they are small probably everywhere but Iowa.

Real bummer that FinalX is competing against softball and baseball this weekend.I would go otherwise.

Sounds like you don't have your priorities straight.

I have 10 tickets to give away. Would love for them to go to a kid's club or something like that to create some more fans. If anybody has any suggestions, let me know!

• Haha
Reactions: okcpokefan12
It looks like all weights will wrestle the first match in the 2pm session and then matches two and potentially 3 will all be wrestled at the 7pm session.

Is that correct?

Real bummer that FinalX is competing against softball and baseball this weekend.I would go otherwise.
Not a bummer. It's a great weekend for OSU sports. Final X is Friday afternoon. Softball and baseball are Thursday-Monday. There's plenty of ways one could get to Final X and still get a fill of softball and baseball.

Last edited:
Not a bummer. It's a great weekend for OSU sports. Final X is Saturday afternoon. Softball and baseball are Thursday-Monday. There's plenty of ways one could get to Final X and still get a fill of softball and baseball.
Final X is Friday.

Alright, so I’m not making stuff up when I take my 7 year old kid (he’ll be very interested in the format, backgrounds) tomorrow, best of three at each weight to represent the US at the world championship, correct? Obviously know about Fix and Oliver. Who is the girl that trained with John/in Stillwater? Winchester?

Anything else of note? Anything interesting on the Greco side?

OK for some reason I thought it was Saturday but if it’s Friday and anyone has three extras hit me up I will make it happen

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT