ADVERTISEMENT

FDA

Follow the science, am I right?

Sorta makes you question other shit, am I right?

Once China has their RE collapse here shortly and it causes a ripple effect throughout the world, people will stop caring about ESG bullshit.

ESG seems like it would create some value opportunities.

Reactions: GunsOfFrankEaton
Follow the science, am I right?

Sorta makes you question other shit, am I right?

Once China has their RE collapse here shortly and it causes a ripple effect throughout the world, people will stop caring about ESG bullshit.

Not to derail the thread, but - no kidding about China. It's about to hit the fan.

ESG seems like it would create some value opportunities.
It does now, but if there’s a significant downturn in the world economy and cash flows decrease as a result, people will place less value on “artificial” value like ESG, and more on “real” value like cash flows. If you’re poor you just want to eat, but when you’re rich you want grass fed beef and locally sourced organic veggies.

But right now ESG and related SEC regulation is coming at the US like #0 for Boise St came at Presley last night. I believe ESG quarterly reporting in relation to expectations will be as big as anything financial or operational is right now. And data integrity, from what I can tell, is pretty piss poor. So, big money to be made on companies in the business of capturing and/or monitoring ESG data.

Last edited:
It does now, but if there’s a significant downturn in the world economy and cash flows decrease as a result, people will place less value on “artificial” value like ESG, and more on “real” value like cash flows. If you’re poor you just want to eat, but when you’re rich you want grass fed beef and locally sourced organic veggies.

Yeah, I'm do mean value that might be available due to (equity, e.t.c) prices being too high or not high enough...can make money both ways.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT