ADVERTISEMENT

Fargo

Mrgrapple

2nd Team
Sep 8, 2006
Five in semifinals in 16under, Oklahoma in 4th place. Junior team had good first two rounds.

Plott and Surber into round of 16 both by tech falls.
At this moment Oklahoma has 16 wrestlers undefeated and either in the round of 16 or round of 32. 18 have been defeated but are in consolations. Carter Young at 126 is in the round of 16 with 3 10-0 tech falls,Cooper Mahaffey in round of 16 at 113,Plott in round of 16 at 182,Jackson Cockrell in round of 16at 120,Eli Griffin in round of 16 at 106,Jackson Oplotnik at 138 in round of 16, John Wiese,Josh Heindselman and 1 other all in round of 32 at 285, Konner Doucet in round of 32 at 220. Luke Surrber has 3 TF"s and in the round of 16 at 160, Ryder Ramsey in the round of 16 with 3 wins.

At this moment Oklahoma has 16 wrestlers undefeated and either in the round of 16 or round of 32. 18 have been defeated but are in consolations. Carter Young at 126 is in the round of 16 with 3 10-0 tech falls,Cooper Mahaffey in round of 16 at 113,Plott in round of 16 at 182,Jackson Cockrell in round of 16at 120,Eli Griffin in round of 16 at 106,Jackson Oplotnik at 138 in round of 16, John Wiese,Josh Heindselman and 1 other all in round of 32 at 285, Konner Doucet in round of 32 at 220. Luke Surrber has 3 TF"s and in the round of 16 at 160, Ryder Ramsey in the round of 16 with 3 wins.
Doucet in round of 16 with 10-0 TF in first period.

Picklo made it to the semis.
Voinovich at 145 from Ohio is in the quarters and he has looked very strong. I really like how Luke Surber is wrestling now and he has Cade DeVos who is going to South Dakota State in the quarters rated something like 75 in the 2019 class. Also Manibog is in the quarters, and Amos is in the quarters at 220 with Doucette also in the quarters.

Reactions: Air_Thurman
Voinovich at 145 from Ohio is in the quarters and he has looked very strong. I really like how Luke Surber is wrestling now and he has Cade DeVos who is going to South Dakota State in the quarters rated something like 75 in the 2019 class. Also Manibog is in the quarters, and Amos is in the quarters at 220 with Doucette also in the quarters.
Jakason Burks vs. Jackson Cockrell in the quarters and Cockrell was up 6-0 with rhree takedowns with about 30 seconds to go and Burks got a takedown and two guts to win it 6-6. Burks had virtually made no legitimate shots until that time and had to take a injury time out due to a knee problem. Cockrell looked very good until the end. Eli Griffin made easy work of his opponent in the quarters at 106 with a 10-0 win and is in the semis.Mixed emotions on the Cockrell/Burks match. Tough loss for Oklahoma team wise.

Last edited:
Just watched Manion dominate a guy for 5 minutes then gave up the fall with 10 seconds left.

Just watched Manion dominate a guy for 5 minutes then gave up the fall with 10 seconds left.
That leaves 11 in consolations, 1 in semis and 5 left in quarters including Surber, Ramsey,Plott ,Doucet and Heindselman. Griffin is in the semis.

Surber loses 8-4 to Devos from Iowa. Devos had a 4 point with Surber leading by Criteria 4-4 in last 25 seconds.
Carter Young has a tech fall in consos to advance. Plott has Cris Foca from New Jersey in quarters coming up. He had a tech fall in Tulsa two weeks ago in Tulsa 17-7 but Foca had a couple of takedowns in that match which was competitive until close to the end. Foca has committed to Iowa State.

Is Foca just getting a gas timeout or is he hurt? Are there no penalties for what he is doing? I see that Plott won anyway, but man that guy was spending a lot of time grabbing his ankle and looked perfectly healthy.

Carter Young has a tech fall in consos to advance. Plott has Cris Foca from New Jersey in quarters coming up. He had a tech fall in Tulsa two weeks ago in Tulsa 17-7 but Foca had a couple of takedowns in that match which was competitive until close to the end. Foca has committed to Iowa State.
In one of the best matches I have seen Plott dec. Foca 14-14 on basis of last 10 second push out. Very close match. Foca has switched his commitment to Cornell.

Reactions: osu2082
In one of the best matches I have seen Plott dec. Foca 14-14 on basis of last 10 second push out. Very close match. Foca has switched his commitment to Cornell.
Doucet in a close 6-5 win and wrestles Braxton Amos in the semis. Heindselman tech fall to the semis. We are in 5th place as a team.

Doucet in a close 6-5 win and wrestles Braxton Amos in the semis. Heindselman tech fall to the semis. We are in 5th place as a team.
Our commitments were not impressive this morning in the quarter. I did not like Doucette, Surber, Plott or Burks matches. Our most impressive quarterfinal wrestler was Manibog who won by pin. I hope they wrestle better in their next matches especially Plott. Also McClane won at 145 and Voinovich won at 145 to get to the semi's.

Actually I think he’s going to Cornell

Reactions: andegre
Wiley from Mustang won Fargo at 16U at 138 and really didn't have many close matches. He might be someone to keep an eye on.

Reactions: osu2082
Wiley from Mustang won Fargo at 16U at 138 and really didn't have many close matches. He might be someone to keep an eye on.
Wiley did look very good. Jordan Williams won last second comeback to take first at 120. Rylan Rogers took second to Pinto who overpowered Picklo in the semi;s. Pinto is a little bigger and stronger than Picklo. Picklo depends on his strength and overpowering opponents and Pinto blew right thru Picklo.

Reactions: osu2082 and oberebo
Semis start at 5 pm. Eli Griffin vs. Andre Gonzales 106#
Jakason Burks vs. Joey Thompson Mn at 120#
Dustin Plott v. Parker Keckeisen at 182#
Konner Doucet v. Braxton Amos at 220.
Daniel Manibog tx. vs. John Martin Best W. Va.at 152
Josh Heindselman vs.Luke Luffman Illinois at 285
In consos Gabe Dickerson, Carter, Young, Cruz Aguilar, Jackson Cockrell, John Weise and Luke Surber all alive.

Semis start at 5 pm. Eli Griffin vs. Andre Gonzales 106#
Jakason Burks vs. Joey Thompson Mn at 120#
Dustin Plott v. Parker Keckeisen at 182#
Konner Doucet v. Braxton Amos at 220.
Daniel Manibog tx. vs. John Martin Best W. Va.at 152
Josh Heindselman vs.Luke Luffman Illinois at 285
In consos Gabe Dickerson, Carter, Young, Cruz Aguilar, Jackson Cockrell, John Weise and Luke Surber all alive.
Eli Griffin loses 6-4 at 106. In Consos Carter Young has a 12-2 tech fall. Jackson Cockrell has 10-0 tech fall in consos.

Jakason Burks is in the finals at 120 with 11-0 win in the semis. Manibog lost 7-0 in the semis at 152. I agree with vhsalum about Plott. He arguably is in the toughest bracket of the tournament and he is in the finals.
Doucet loses 10-0 to Braxton Amos at 220.

Doucet loses 10-0 to Braxton Amos at 220.
Heindselman loses 3-3 on a disputed call in the 285 match. Oklahoma coaches would not let Heindselman leave the mat and talk was they were going to protest but Luffman from Illinois hand was raised. I watched it and it hinged on whether Heindselman's hand was off the mat when he launched Luffman off the mat. Originally scored 5-3 for Heindselman but this was reversed to 3-3 with criteria to Luffman.

Better wrestling tonight with Burks wrestling aggressive and good. Voinovich is very good and in the finals. Plott had quite a few big moves and wrestled better than this afternoon. I can't say Doucette wrestled good, Amos owns him. I don't know if Doucette will be a good answer to our HWT question.

Better wrestling tonight with Burks wrestling aggressive and good. Voinovich is very good and in the finals. Plott had quite a few big moves and wrestled better than this afternoon. I can't say Doucette wrestled good, Amos owns him. I don't know if Doucette will be a good answer to our HWT question.
I just watched a couple of consolation matches and Young and Surber did not finish well and got teched.

Are you basing that on one match with Amos? Amos is probably as good as any HS wrestler in the country. He is definitely on the short list.
Congratulations to the Oklahoma team, currently in 8th place and they have a total of ten All-Americans in Fargo. Konner Doucet will be wrestling for third place with only one loss and this to the top rated 220 pounder in the country. I am certain this is not the first time they have wrestled albeit in the practice room at Stillwater and I am hoping they will be sparring frequently in the near future.
Here are the matches today involving Oklahoma wrestlers or commits and possible commits.
106 Eli Griffin vs. Kelly Dunnigan n.J. 3rd place match
120 Jakason Burks vs. Anthony Molton Il. 1st place match
182 Dustin Plott vs. Abe Assad 1st place match (Plott won few weeks ago in Tulsa 4-2)
220 Braxton Amos vs. Dorian Crosby 1st place match
126 Carter Young vs. Camden Russell Neb. 7th place match
113 Cruz Aguilar vs. Angelo Lozado Co. 7th place match
120 Jackson Cockrell vs. Joseph Thompson Mn. 5th place match
285 John Wiese vs. Braxton Mikesell Wa. 7th place match
220 Konner Doucet vs. Cade Lautt Ks. 3rd place match
160 Luke Surber vs. Bilal Bailey Il. 7th place match
152 Daniel Manibog vs. Legend Lamer Oregon 5th place match
285 Josh Heindselman vs. Roberto Pena Il. 5th place match
Finals are at 1pm today.

Last edited:
Are you basing that on one match with Amos? Amos is probably as good as any HS wrestler in the country. He is definitely on the short list.
You are right about Amos being very good. They wrestled in the Super 32's and Amos dominated. It is based on his quarterfinals match with Minnesota 220 and based on the national duals last month and another freestyle tournament this summer. He could turn out great and develop tremendously especially being so young.

Reactions: Air_Thurman
I have an old friend whose son has won some big tournaments in greco and freestyle and I think AA’d at Fargo. Never see him mentioned on here even as participating. Anybody know anything about Cade Dickerson from Altus?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT