ADVERTISEMENT

Fargo Juniors Day II

Looks like they are wrestling the last match of the day at heavyweight and the team scores at least before Dixon's last fall and 5th place were as follows:

1. New Jersey 51 points
2.Pennsylvania 48 points
3. Minnesota 47 points
4. Oklahoma 46 points
5. Illinois 30 points
6. Iowa 30 points
7.Michigan 20 points
8.Missouri 20 points
9. Utah 19 points
10. Ohio 15 points

We were hurt by five losses in the semis but came back and scored points in the consolations. We are five points down but it is doable but not likely. We have Ten All-Americans which is outstanding.
100 Mason Naifeh will be wrestling for 5th
113 Montori Bridges will be wrestling for 3rd
113 Andrew Neiman will be wrestling for 5th
126 Kaid Brock will be wrestling for 5th
132 Gary Wayne Harding will be wrestling for 5th
132 Keagan Moore will be wrestling for 3rd
152 Joe Smith will be wrestling for 3rd
170 Chandler Rogers will be wrestling for 1st
195 Joel Dixon is 5th
220 Andrew Dixon will be wrestling for 1st

Congrats to all of the Oklahoma wrestlers. BTW Ryan Blees is wrestling for first and Mike Magaldo is wrestling for 7th.

This post was edited on 7/25 8:09 PM by oberebo
Tyler Mann of Arkansas the Pat Smith protege is wrestling for 5th.
This post was edited on 7/25 8:30 PM by oberebo

This has been a long day and I am not a wrestler. I apologize for my mistakes today. Flo is partly to blame as many of the mats kept buffering interminably and then would go off completely causing me to have to log back in. Track wrestling performed admirably in keeping me updated. The main fault was me however. We had too many wrestlers up at the same time in some instances and I tried flipping back and forth and between that and the recycling I just lost track. Thanks to Cowguy, April Racer and even Michael Tognetti for keeping me mostly on track.

Originally posted by oberebo:
track wrestling is showing that same score 14-10 for McKee. I left that match when Brock was ahead 14-10 to watch the start of another. I do not know how McKee scored ten in the last few seconds but it had to have been leg laces. I will want to see the end of that again.
McKee took him down right into about five trapped arm guts in the last seconds. Great/heartbreaking ending.

Originally posted by Azchief32:

Originally posted by oberebo:
track wrestling is showing that same score 14-10 for McKee. I left that match when Brock was ahead 14-10 to watch the start of another. I do not know how McKee scored ten in the last few seconds but it had to have been leg laces. I will want to see the end of that again.
McKee took him down right into about five trapped arm guts in the last seconds. Great/heartbreaking ending.
They have this match featured on Flo now and I watched it and it was incredible. I give it up to McKee as he did what he had to do and within the rules. The rules in Freestyle need to be changed and I have said this for years and it has little to do with how I felt about the outcome of this particular match. When you can score (5) five two point moves in the space of 10 seconds then it is not wrestling as I know it and want to watch. Kaid lost fair and square by the rules but if it was folkstyle he would have dominated the match and did for 5:32 of a 6 minute match. He was leading 10-4 at the time. Again, these are the rules in freestyle and you have to play by the rules but they are silly and do not reflect the skills of the wrestler. That should have been two points for McKee and the match ending at 10-8. Sour grapes, I know but I do not like this rule even when our wrestlers profit from it. It leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

I think Joel is going for third today, obe.

Dang too bad lance got injured. If he just wrestles through the quarters, the Oklahoma team is likely in the lead.

Keagan, kaid ... Dang

Chandler Rogers is a stud. 57-74 is going to be a Donny brook in our room.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Cowguy, You are most certainly correct which skews the points more advantageously in our favor when I was figuring team points in my latest thread. Another thing I noticed in my research of team points is that at 126 the wrestler from Pennsylvania going for third is Dom Forys and Kaid Brock had a 14-2 tech fall over him and Kaid is going for 5th. Obviously did not see Kaid's last match where he was tech-falled but that was the match that kept us out of the lead. Was Kaid injured or just mentally out of it by losing in the last seconds to McKee? I am in no way knocking Kaid who wrestled lights out for the tournament but in the end that last match where he lost to DeShazer of Kansas 12-1 really hurt team scoring.

One last thing about the 3rd place match at 195. Joel Dixon will have a real battle on his hands with Colbray of Oregon who lost in the semis to Bobby Steveson 5-5 criteria. Colbray is big and strong and a full grown man.

IMO, there was nothing wrong with Kaid. He lost to McKee at Jr Duals, so losing to him again wasn't a big upset. DeShazer matched up with Kaid because both wrestlers are extremely quick. DeShazer was the better wrestler today. Kaid will go back in the OSU room and work things out.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT