ADVERTISEMENT

Fargo 2021

16U freestyle is through to the quarters. I really expected Lockett, Ferrari and Giddens to shine along with Roller and McComas. None of those names are in the quarters. We have 11 wrestlers still in with three in the quarter. Congrats to KJ Evans at 152, Oscar Williams at 170 and Talon McCollum at 160 who are still undefeated. Ferrari was dec. twice and will not place. Others still in the consolations are Braden Brown at 170,Chris Kiser at 106, Clayton Giddens at 126,Jace Roller at 138, JJ McComas at 126, Landyn Sommer at 145, Layton Schneider at 145, and Richard Thomas at 195. Lockett and Ferrari lost twice. McComas lost his first match to a ranked wrestler in Dmitri Alacorn. Those two were in the finals at Reno World earlier in the year and McComas won with a last second reverse. Score in this match was 4-4 with time winding down but criteria belonged to Alacorn and McComas made desperate shot and was taken down for feet to back and lost 8-4. Most tournaments they would have never met in the first round.

16U freestyle is through to the quarters. I really expected Lockett, Ferrari and Giddens to shine along with Roller and McComas. None of those names are in the quarters. We have 11 wrestlers still in with three in the quarter. Congrats to KJ Evans at 152, Oscar Williams at 170 and Talon McCollum at 160 who are still undefeated. Ferrari was dec. twice and will not place. Others still in the consolations are Braden Brown at 170,Chris Kiser at 106, Clayton Giddens at 126,Jace Roller at 138, JJ McComas at 126, Landyn Sommer at 145, Layton Schneider at 145, and Richard Thomas at 195. Lockett and Ferrari lost twice. McComas lost his first match to a ranked wrestler in Dmitri Alacorn. Those two were in the finals at Reno World earlier in the year and McComas won with a last second reverse. Score in this match was 4-4 with time winding down but criteria belonged to Alacorn and McComas made desperate shot and was taken down for feet to back and lost 8-4. Most tournaments they would have never met in the first round.
Roller may be in the quarters because the brackets say he lost to a New Jersey kid he actually ended up beating. They never fixed this error as far as I know in the brackets. Angelo Ferrari was disappointing. He should score more but misses the legs or doesn't finish when it looks like he should. Both matches he lost he lost them late. He would be pushed off the mat and then right at the end of the match he is being pushed off again and then he tries a desperate roll which he couldn't complete and ends up on his back. He is young and so hopefully he develops but right now he finds ways to lose to guys who don't seem as good as him. I hope tomorrow is better. Also I wish more of our recruits were wrestling juniors like Anthony, young Mastro, Haas. As far as I know young Mastro has not wrestled since who is number 1 where I was afraid Gallagher was going to injure him badly.

138: Roller 6-1 126: Giddens 4-1 145: Kelley 5-2 106: Allen 3-2 182: McCown 3-2

Clay & Jace are both still alive in the consolations and will be back at it tomorrow, 2 wins away from securing All-American honors!

Young Mastro almost certainly was injured. That bout was a complete mismatch and a bad idea.

Jordan Williams did manage to find himself in some Black and Orange shoes, an omen?

Roller may be in the quarters because the brackets say he lost to a New Jersey kid he actually ended up beating. They never fixed this error as far as I know in the brackets. Angelo Ferrari was disappointing. He should score more but misses the legs or doesn't finish when it looks like he should. Both matches he lost he lost them late. He would be pushed off the mat and then right at the end of the match he is being pushed off again and then he tries a desperate roll which he couldn't complete and ends up on his back. He is young and so hopefully he develops but right now he finds ways to lose to guys who don't seem as good as him. I hope tomorrow is better. Also I wish more of our recruits were wrestling juniors like Anthony, young Mastro, Haas. As far as I know young Mastro has not wrestled since who is number 1 where I was afraid Gallagher was going to injure him badly.
I was talking about youngest Ferrari, Angelo and how he got nosed out in the finals at 152 by AJ Heeg who is wrestling at 195 at Fargo. This was quite the growth period( bulk job) going from 152 to 195 in 4 months.

KJ Evans is having a great Fargo just made the semis with a 10-0 tech. Looks like a wrestler ok state should be interested in he has a lot of potential.

KJ Evans is having a great Fargo just made the semis with a 10-0 tech. Looks like a wrestler ok state should be interested in he has a lot of potential.
KJ Evans won his semi-final match at 152 by tech fall over Lundeen of Minnesota 10-0. He will wrestle for the championship at 1:30pm today on Flo against Zach Ryder. He was a Sophmore at Heritage Hall last year and won his first state championship. He is the only Oklahoma wrestler in the finals in 16U.

Reactions: osu2082
KJ Evans won his semi-final match at 152 by tech fall over Lundeen of Minnesota 10-0. He will wrestle for the championship at 1:30pm today on Flo against Zach Ryder. He was a Sophmore at Heritage Hall last year and won his first state championship. He is the only Oklahoma wrestler in the finals in 16U.
Treshaun Tecson at 100 and Christian Forbes 106 both won by tech 10-0 in rd of 16 this morning.

AJ Heeg loses 8-1 and in consos. Treshaun Smith another tf 10-0. Teague Travis wins conso match by tech fall. Harley Andrews made an amazing comeback at heavyweight winning 15-12 after trailing the whole match. Jordan Williams wins his match by tech fall.

AJ Heeg loses 8-1 and in consos. Treshaun Smith another tf 10-0. Teague Travis wins conso match by tech fall. Harley Andrews made an amazing comeback at heavyweight winning 15-12 after trailing the whole match. Jordan Williams wins his match by tech fall.

8 Oklahoma wrestlers still in with 4 in the semis and 4 in the consolations. John wiese and Harley Andrews are both still in consos at heavy-weight as are Teague Travis at 145 and Cole Brooks at 138.
Jordan Williams 145, Christian Forbes 106, Trevaugh Tecson at 100 and Zane Donley at 100 are all in the semis.

8 Oklahoma wrestlers still in with 4 in the semis and 4 in the consolations. John wiese and Harley Andrews are both still in consos at heavy-weight as are Teague Travis at 145 and Cole Brooks at 138.
Jordan Williams 145, Christian Forbes 106, Trevaugh Tecson at 100 and Zane Donley at 100 are all in the semis.

Lost 3 of 4 consos but Harley Andrews held on for 18-17 win at Heavy weight. By my count he was ahead 12-4 and got a takedown but then pulled over on his back and they awarded the back points AFTER THE TAKEDOWN. It should have ended 14-4 tech fall. He injured both his legs in the ensuing 3 minutes of the match and also ran out of gas but held on for 28-17 win against Attao of Idaho.

Lost 3 of 4 consos but Harley Andrews held on for 18-17 win at Heavy weight. By my count he was ahead 12-4 and got a takedown but then pulled over on his back and they awarded the back points AFTER THE TAKEDOWN. It should have ended 14-4 tech fall. He injured both his legs in the ensuing 3 minutes of the match and also ran out of gas but held on for 28-17 win against Attao of Idaho.
In freestyle, if they consider the action to be continuous, they do not stop it at a tech. Unlike in Folkstyle, where once you get the 15 point lead, the match is over unless you are trying to pin the guy. I did not see the action, but I have seen matches not end in techs because they guy gets exposed or something when he get the last takedown.

In freestyle, if they consider the action to be continuous, they do not stop it at a tech. Unlike in Folkstyle, where once you get the 15 point lead, the match is over unless you are trying to pin the guy. I did not see the action, but I have seen matches not end in techs because they guy gets exposed or something when he get the last takedown.
Thanks for that info lookie Lou, as I did not know that. In the meantime. KJ Evans lost 10-9 in the finals of 16U. He came back late and was close to another takedown as time ran out. He injured his ankle in the match so a very courageous effort but lost to Zach Ryder from New York. Semis for the Juniors start at 5pm tonight.

Treshaun Tecson lost his semi match 7-6to Nate Smith from Texas and Forbes lost his semi 5-2 to Hunter Taylor from Mo. Jordan Williams not yet up for his match at 152.

Luke Mechler is into the consi-semis. Has looked very good all tournament. Birdwell & Carman were both eliminated.

Tecson won his conso semi 8-2 and will wrestle for third and Forbes won by tech fall and will wrestle for third. Harley Andrews forfeited his match and took 7th.

OK has two finalists and Jordan Williams #3 will wrestle Caleb Rathjen from Iowa #4.
Zane Donley will wrestle Nate Smith who beat Tecson 7-6.
Tecson will wrestle Tyson Roach and Forbes will wrestle Daniel guanajuato from AZ.
Oklahoma is tied for 9th with New Jersey. Illinois is 1 followed by pa, wisconsin, Iowa, Michigan, Indiana, Ohio and Minnesota.

Donley wins by tech fall 13-2 at 100 and team-mate treshaun Tecson takes 3rd with a 10-0 TF. Forbes loses 10-8 to Guanatuata 10-8 in a hard fought 3rd place match Jordan williams vs. Rathjen to come and they are ranked 3 and 4 nationally at 145.

Donley wins by tech fall 13-2 at 100 and team-mate treshaun Tecson takes 3rd with a 10-0 TF. Forbes loses 10-8 to Guanatuata 10-8 in a hard fought 3rd place match Jordan williams vs. Rathjen to come and they are ranked 3 and 4 nationally at 145.
Jordan Williams, trailing 3-1 waited for the last 3-4 seconds before turning Rathjen for a 3-3 criteria win. No takedowns in this match. Williams was the aggressor throughout but Rathjen kept picking up an ankle Williams single leg attempts but the last ankle pickup backfired on Rathjen as he brought him over the top for exposure. I was talking to KC Scott during the match and I do not think I needed a phone to reach him in KC when Williams got the exposure.

Jordan Williams, trailing 3-1 waited for the last 3-4 seconds before turning Rathjen for a 3-3 criteria win. No takedowns in this match. Williams was the aggressor throughout but Rathjen kept picking up an ankle Williams single leg attempts but the last ankle pickup backfired on Rathjen as he brought him over the top for exposure. I was talking to KC Scott during the match and I do not think I needed a phone to reach him in KC when Williams got the exposure.

Oklahoma finished in 9th place with 79 points, 1 behind Mn. with 80. Illinois was first followed by Pa, Michigan, Wisconsin,Iowa, Indiana, Ohio, Minnesota, OK and New Jersey. finals matches and scores follow: 100 ZANE DONLEY, OKLAHOMA tf 13-2 over Nate Smith, Indiana; 106 Hunter Taylor 10-0 tf over Brandon Morvani , Mn.; 113 Braeden Davis Michigan 11-1 tf over Benjamin Aranda Il; 120 Kannon Webster Illinois 12-1 tf over Yusief Lillie, Washington; 126 Drake Ayala 10-0 tf over Sergio Lemley, Indiana; 132 Nasir Bailey, Illinois 4-4 criteria win over Emilio Ysaguirre Jr. , Arizona; 138 Tagen Jamison, Texas 7-2 dec. over Casey Swiderski, Michigan;145 JORDAN WILLIAMS OKLAHOMA 4-3 dec. over Caleb Rathjen, Iowa; 152 Caleb Henson,Georgia over Daniel Wask , New Jersey 4-4 Criteria ; 160 Joshua BarrMichigan 4-4 Criteria over Aiden Riggins, Iowa; 170 Manuel Rojas 5-2 dec. over Brayden Thompson, Illinois; 182 Thomas Stewart, Maryland 8-4 dec Brian Soldano, New Jersey; 195 Dylan Fishback, Ohio 8-3 dec Seth Shumate; 220 Christian Carroll, Indiana 12-0 tf over Ben Kueter, Iowa;
285 Ben Kawczyski, Wisconsin 12-4 dec. over Chase Horn, Georgia.

Williams is so exciting to watch.

Reactions: oberebo
I have a question for those of you who have attended Fargo this year or in the past. For many years either Mr. Earl or KC Scott have talked about making the trek to Fargo to watch it. How are the facilities and the amenities surrounding the event? Are there enough hotels, restaurants, bars surrounding the fargo dome. We always go to Nationals and various other wrestling tournaments around the country but Fargo almost seems like travelling to a different environment. I would like to hear from others so we can make a decision for next year.

I have a question for those of you who have attended Fargo this year or in the past. For many years either Mr. Earl or KC Scott have talked about making the trek to Fargo to watch it. How are the facilities and the amenities surrounding the event? Are there enough hotels, restaurants, bars surrounding the fargo dome. We always go to Nationals and various other wrestling tournaments around the country but Fargo almost seems like travelling to a different environment. I would like to hear from others so we can make a decision for next year.
There are some wonderful, quaint AirBnB's there.

Fargo5.jpg

It is kind of in the middle of nowhere. The hotels are OK. I did not see a lot of bars. You can get decent food, but no 5 star restaurants. It really is not a great entertainment mecca, but the wrestling is top notch. The arena is awesome. Plenty of seating and you can move around freely.
If you go there, the hotels are pretty full during the freestyle and then by the time Greco gets going, they empty out a lot. Go there for the wrestling. If you want entertainment, you may be disappointed. I will say this though. The people of Fargo are some of the friendliest people I have ever met.

It is kind of in the middle of nowhere. The hotels are OK. I did not see a lot of bars. You can get decent food, but no 5 star restaurants. It really is not a great entertainment mecca, but the wrestling is top notch. The arena is awesome. Plenty of seating and you can move around freely.
If you go there, the hotels are pretty full during the freestyle and then by the time Greco gets going, they empty out a lot. Go there for the wrestling. If you want entertainment, you may be disappointed. I will say this though. The people of Fargo are some of the friendliest people I have ever met.

"friendly" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Thanks for the info lookleft. We don't really care about the bars except maybe to watch big screen for any sports during the breaks. Glad to hear you can move around freely.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT