ADVERTISEMENT

Fall TV Shows

nathajw

Heisman Winner
Gold Member
Mar 21, 2007
DFW
It seems like we have a thread like this every season and I didn't want o hijack @PokeChop in OR 's thread so what's everybody have on deck for the fall? For myself:

The Affair
Shameless
The Knick
St. Vincent (new)
The Leftovers

Looking at that I'm glad its football season because I could bail on The Leftovers or The Affair any day now just like I did Homeland and Penny Dreadful. I love The Knick and Shameless. St. Vincent has some potential.

http://www.sho.com/sho/movies/titles/3403505/st-vincent#/index

The Knick is awesome. I actually liked the Leftovers more than just about anyone. Sounds like this season is going to almost be a reboot of sorts. There aren't many new shows that have caught my eye yet.

St. Vincent is a movie not a show right?

The guy who made Sons of Anarchy has a new show premiering this month on FX called the Bastard Executioner. Haven't seen any reviews yet but it is sent in 14th Century England. Looks kind of cool.

Won't be the fall but HBO has shown some trailers from the guy who did Boardwalk called Vinyl. Stars Bobby Cannavale (the crazy dude Gyp from a season of Boardwalk) and Olivia Wilde. Scorsese and Mick Jagger are producers. Don't know a ton about it but it has enough names in it to get my attention.

Limitless has some potential

Is that starting in the Fall? I thought it was 2016?

In 2016 HBO has what looks like could be some new good ones in Vinyl (Martin Scorsese), Westworld, Lewis and Clark, The Young Pope, and others.

It seems like we have a thread like this every season and I didn't want o hijack @PokeChop in OR 's thread so what's everybody have on deck for the fall? For myself:

The Affair
Shameless
The Knick
St. Vincent (new)
The Leftovers

Looking at that I'm glad its football season because I could bail on The Leftovers or The any day now just like I did Homeland and Penny Dreadful. I love The Knick and Shameless. St. Vincent has some potential.

http://www.sho.com/sho/movies/titles/3403505/st-vincent#/index

I already gave up on The Leftovers, and TBH, I am surprised that they renewed it for a 2nd season. The wife and I watch The Affair. Started strong, then became a bit monotonous. Planning to stick with it, but the leash is short.

I have heard The Leftovers is good.

Tangent: Mr Robot was worth watching....season finale tonight I think.

I have heard The Leftovers is good.

Tangent: Mr Robot was worth watching....season finale tonight I think.
I love Mr. Robot, and yeah, the season finale is tonight. They delayed it from last week due to a scene that is apparently similar to the real-life killer of the reporter and cameraman that happened to occur the same day the finale would have aired.

I already gave up on The Leftovers, and TBH, I am surprised that they renewed it for a 2nd season. The wife and I watch The Affair. Started strong, then became a bit monotonous. Planning to stick with it, but the leash is short.

TBH?

And I agree, I don't know how much more of Allison in The Affair I can take. Wife and I call her "cry-face". Every damn scene she looks like she's about to cry.

The Bastard Executioner doesn't sound like my cup of tea, but I'll give anything on FX a try these days. They may be the most "sure thing" when it comes to network programming that fits my viewing preferences.

Blindspot on NBC looks like it could have some potential.

Into the Bandlands on AMC. How could a Fuedal Japan vs. Old West mashup be bad? AMC has been pretty spot on as of late as well.

The Man in the High Castle on Amazon. Alternative History (Phillip K Dick novel) following what if the Axis had won WWII.

The Expanse on SyFy. I've heard the books are very good.

Heroes Reborn on NBC. Not sure if I'm going to take this for a spin or not. The original was very underwhelming, but the premise has so much potential.

+1 for Mr. Robot. It's been really good.

Almost forgot...re: fall shows, ready for the next seasons of Fargo and The Walking Dead. Both in Oct I think.

Gotham
Fargo
The Walking Dead
The Bastard Executioner
Longmire
The Man in the High Castle
Downton Abbey (winter)

I really really liked The Leftovers and The Affair last year. Looking forward to both new seasons.

Reactions: CarrolltonPoke
Completely forgot about the Fargo premiere (Oct. 12), that show is great.

Good, I thought I was the only person earth who like the Leftovers.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT