ADVERTISEMENT

Everyone calm down

TheJimReaper

Starter
Aug 23, 2018
Oklahoma
The Sky is not falling. Yes it sucks we didn't get Kharchla. But the future is still bright. We still have plenty of young talent with Fix, G, Wittlake, Balmeceda, Montalvo, Mastro, Plott, and Doucet. And we have some repertoire with some good guys like the Ferraris, little Mastro, Jesse Vasquez, Carter Young, Tate Picklo and Kyle Haas and who knows who else. Trust the coaching the staff.

And be classy about this. Don't insult or make fun of a young man who made what he thought was the best decision. Kharchla didn't Handle himself in an unclassy way and doesn't deserve any hate.

Some repertoire?

Well some mutual interest maybe would've been a better phrase. But Carter Young apparently knows the Fix family really well and is friends with Daton. We've been recruiting AJ for a while now, Kyle Haas is Tyler Caldwell's younger half brother.

My point is there's still plenty of fish in the pond.

This board is like looking like a typical message board today. I am not sure if I should clap or cry. Nobody mention the football head coach please.

Reaper your optimism in light of a disappointment is good. Kharchla would have been a great addition to the team and university. Getting Kharchla now could have closed the door on Picklo and/or Haas in a couple of years.

This board is like looking like a typical message board today. I am not sure if I should clap or cry. Nobody mention the football head coach please.

Reaper your optimism in light of a disappointment is good. Kharchla would have been a great addition to the team and university. Getting Kharchla now could have closed the door on Picklo and/or Haas in a couple of years.

Clap. It's nice to see the board be more active in my opinion.

And Gundy should be fired (jk).

I don't see any panic or really any sky is falling posts. I have seen pretty much high level enthusiasm and excitement over the past week and a half of recruiting. FLO talking about it being one of the best recruiting weeks in quite some time.

CK would have been gravy and any who really followed his recruitment knew it would tough to pull him away from his home state program.

We have stacked up some extremely high level talent in back to back to back classes that will position us competing at the top.

Reactions: Air_Thurman
I don't see any panic or really any sky is falling posts. I have seen pretty much high level enthusiasm and excitement over the past week and a half of recruiting. FLO talking about it being one of the best recruiting weeks in quite some time.

CK would have been gravy and any who really followed his recruitment knew it would tough to pull him away from his home state program.

We have stacked up some extremely high level talent in back to back to back classes that will position us competing at the top.
OK thank you, I was disappointed to have missed all the posts where people were freaking out.

I don't think it matters how many high ranked guys we get vs. how are we developing what we have.. Iowa won titles for many years off guys that had the right attitude and personality and were willing to put in the work required to get what they want...

I don't see the back to back classes that you are seeing. 2017 we were rated 5th, 2018 we were rated 12th. 2019 we have a fair class with Arizona State, Ohio State, and Cornell destroying us, with Michigan, Northern Colorado, Virginia tech, Nebraska, North Carolina classes better than ours so far. There is also 3 or 4 other teams with similar classes. I will say that I am excited about the potential of our 2020 class ( 2 top 10 commitments so far) but that is a long time from now. I feel better about our potential now than I did a month ago but these great classes I have not seen..

I don't see the back to back classes that you are seeing. 2017 we were rated 5th, 2018 we were rated 12th. 2019 we have a fair class with Arizona State, Ohio State, and Cornell destroying us, with Michigan, Northern Colorado, Virginia tech, Nebraska, North Carolina classes better than ours so far. There is also 3 or 4 other teams with similar classes. I will say that I am excited about the potential of our 2020 class ( 2 top 10 commitments so far) but that is a long time from now. I feel better about our potential now than I did a month ago but these great classes I have not seen..

Harley, I agree with you, but here's how I see it...

Prior to the past couple of weeks, I was genuinely concerned that our recruiting results might cause us to fall out of the top 10 at nationals starting in 2021.That's why I started the "Recruiting Strategy" thread. But I think the addition of Dustin, Mastro, Brevin, and Konner will keep us firmly in the top 10. I was really hoping for Kharchla (a long shot) because I think he would have put us in the top 3-5 (think that will be tOSU, PSU, Iowa, Michigan & Cornell). We aren't quite there yet, but if we can add Ferrari and a Howard or Burks for 2020, then little Mastro, Carter Young, and Kyle Haas in 2021, things will start to get very interesting again. Just gotta keep the positive momentum going.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT