ADVERTISEMENT

Every post may be your LAST post here.

That's not an answer to the question but I knew you wouldn't.

I do not expect nor will I support a private enterprise being forced to give away their platform but if that private enterprise wants to act like a publisher then that private enterprise will be subject to the same laws as a publisher. If they want 230 protection then they need to act in a manner that affords the protections. Pretty simple.

Oh bullshit. They're doing and acting exactly how 230 is supposed to work. You have no idea what you're talking about.

More importantly, why am I wasting my time engaging a dumb loon?

• Haha
Reactions: CoastGuardCowboy
Oh bullshit. They're doing and acting exactly how 230 is supposed to work. You have no idea what you're talking about.

More importantly, why am I wasting my time engaging a dumb loon?

They are acting as a publisher when they enact their double standard.
I boil it down for you: They can’t claim that Section 230 immunity is necessary to protect free speech, while they shape, control, and censor the speech on their platforms. Either the courts or Congress should clarify the matter.

Platform, or Publisher?: If Big Tech firms want to retain valuable government protections, then they need to get out of the censorship business. | City Journal (city-journal.org)

Reactions: iasooner1
IMostly, I don't want have to be a witness against you guys when you crawl up in that clock tower and start sniping. :cool:

“Too late, I killed Shackleford!
No...wait, correction, Shackleford wants a pizza.“

Reactions: CowboyJD
47 USC 230(c)

(c) Protection for “Good Samaritan” blocking and screening of offensive material
(1) Treatment of publisher or speaker

No provider or user of an interactive computer service shall be treated as the publisher or speaker of any information provided by another information content provider.

(2) Civil liability No provider or user of an interactive computer service shall be held liable on account of—
(A)
any action voluntarily taken in good faith to restrict access to or availability of material that the provider or user considers to be obscene, lewd, lascivious, filthy, excessively violent, harassing, or otherwise objectionable, whether or not such material is constitutionally protected; or
(B)
any action taken to enable or make available to information content providers or others the technical means to restrict access to material described in paragraph (1).
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Seems to me anyone banned or censored in bad faith probably has a cause of action already.

At least the social media folk don't have immunity from liability for bad faith conduct.

Reactions: blbronco
Seeing as how rapidly the Marxists are shutting down free speech in social media, and this forum is owned by Verizon Media, I thought I'd get this friendly reminder in while I can. This forum will disappear suddenly and without warning. When? Who knows? But it will. Get ready.
All these lies. Please stop your lying. The only threat is your desire to convert this country to NAZI USA. I cannot understand the feeble minded right wingers who refuse to learn the lessons of history. Trump is following the script of Hitler and you people are aiding and abetting a criminal.

All these lies. Please stop your lying. The only threat is your desire to convert this country to NAZI USA. I cannot understand the feeble minded right wingers who refuse to learn the lessons of history. Trump is following the script of Hitler and you people are aiding and abetting a criminal.

If that's the case, you'll be made into a lampshade someday.

You need psychiatric help, stat.

People need to go back and take some history courses over again.

Can you libs here give us a heads up before your handlers shut it down?

Is this guy like you know for reals?

You have it backwards. Look at what the Dims are doing and then go read how the Nazis did it.
Then come back and apologize to these fine people.

Reactions: iasooner1

Did your media tell you Trump was converting the country into Nazi USA or did you research this yourself to insure you are not being manipulated? Since you would be embarrassed to admit you allow the media to manipulate you, I'm sure you will say you researched it. Knowing I am right, please provide us with examples of your research that have convinced you Trump is a Nazi. I'm open minded enough to consider what you present, if you are open minded enough to share it.

Seeing as how rapidly the Marxists are shutting down free speech in social media, and this forum is owned by Verizon Media, I thought I'd get this friendly reminder in while I can. This forum will disappear suddenly and without warning. When? Who knows? But it will. Get ready.

I've already been banned for life from The Main Board. So ... whatever.
Politics and life were better before social media exploded anyway.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT