ADVERTISEMENT

Ethan Kyle Head Coach Stillwater High School

Great news!

Dennis Crowe was the wrestling coach and cross country coach when I was at Stillwater High AKA CE Donart!!

Agree it's a very good move, but not sure what Kasper is saying about revolutionary. Erisman was previously an assistant at Stillwater and plenty of other college grads coach at local schools around the country.

David Taylor has his own wrestling academy in PA that could end up being a feeder system for PSU. I think Logan Stieber has something similar in OH. Askren was just extended as the Wisconsin RTC coach and he has multiple training sites across the country. Heck, Iowa has multiple starters that come from the Young Guns club in PA run by Joey Strittmater. Pipelines aren't new.

To me, revolutionary would be something like Cormier opening a MMA gym in OK where guys could train.

I think that is a bit overkill but it is a very good move for SHS and will benefit OSU no question.

Oh for sure. Just posting an outside POV. Frankly, it seems we've already had a decent amount of success of kids moving to Stillwater HS to start training.

Still, like you said, a very good move for Stillwater that will surely be good for us too.

Reactions: osu2082
Oh for sure. Just posting an outside POV. Frankly, it seems we've already had a decent amount of success of kids moving to Stillwater HS to start training.

Still, like you said, a very good move for Stillwater that will surely be good for us too.
Speaking of Coaches,Flo has an 8 minute ripple effect doc by Mike Mal on John W. Smith. I liked it.

Reactions: Wrassler17
Not a good sign that Carter Young transferred to the OTC. If we can't convince a local high school athlete that working out with Ethan and Stites, and having access to Cowboy RTC is high level enough, something's wrong.

Jacob Kasper - "Inconceivable!"

Kind of seems like maybe a personal decision to focus on freestyle full-time?

Strictly in terms of coaching and training partners though, you've got Ethan, the college staff, Zo, Daton, Kaid, Mastro & Burks. I'd say that's clearly better than what the OTC offers - really, it's one of the best situations possible for a high schooler.

Can't fault him for wanting to do freestyle exclusively though.

Flo has a bunch of videos on the wrestling camp held last week at Eric Guerrero's training facility (I didn't even know he had one). Looks like it was a good turnout - senior guys like Alex & Gilman, college guys like Massa & Amine, and HS guys like Picklo & Spratley.

A couple of things he said stood out to me. First he said the goal was to improve in-state talent to help win NCAA team championships (he didn't say win individual championships). The second thing he talked about was the clubs I mentioned above - David Taylor's training academy and Strittmatter's Young Guns - being feeder systems for PSU & Iowa. Putting 2 & 2 together, it sounded like he's trying to build a youth pipeline for OU.

Don't like it - but I'm sure Jacob Kasper is impressed.

Flo has a bunch of videos on the wrestling camp held last week at Eric Guerrero's training facility (I didn't even know he had one). Looks like it was a good turnout - senior guys like Alex & Gilman, college guys like Massa & Amine, and HS guys like Picklo & Spratley.

A couple of things he said stood out to me. First he said the goal was to improve in-state talent to help win NCAA team championships (he didn't say win individual championships). The second thing he talked about was the clubs I mentioned above - David Taylor's training academy and Strittmatter's Young Guns - being feeder systems for PSU & Iowa. Putting 2 & 2 together, it sounded like he's trying to build a youth pipeline for OU.

Don't like it - but I'm sure Jacob Kasper is impressed.

He probably just needs to hope he is kept on when OU eventually moves on from Roselli.

Reactions: Air_Thurman
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT