ADVERTISEMENT

Elite 8 Duals

grumpy_okie

Recruit
Jan 31, 2020
Elite 8 duals are this weekend, being streamed on Flo. There are going to be several kids either from Oklahoma or with ties to the program competing, so it'll definitely be worth keeping an eye on.

The kids from the state competing that I noticed (please mention any omissions) are: Ladarion Locket who won Fargo (16U Freestyle) at 154, Kael Voinovich at 154, Kody Routledge who is bumping up from 145 where he also won Fargo (16U Freestyle) this year at 154, Beau Hickman at 138. AJ Heeg at 195 (ou commit...), JJ McComas at 126.

Brayden Thompson who is the #1 ranked 180 pounder and is already committed to us for the upcoming year will also be wrestling.

Elite 8 duals are this weekend, being streamed on Flo. There are going to be several kids either from Oklahoma or with ties to the program competing, so it'll definitely be worth keeping an eye on.

The kids from the state competing that I noticed (please mention any omissions) are: Ladarion Locket who won Fargo (16U Freestyle) at 154, Kael Voinovich at 154, Kody Routledge who is bumping up from 145 where he also won Fargo (16U Freestyle) this year at 154, Beau Hickman at 138. AJ Heeg at 195 (ou commit...), JJ McComas at 126.

Brayden Thompson who is the #1 ranked 180 pounder and is already committed to us for the upcoming year will also be wrestling.
I looked at the roster for the Oklahoma team on track and Flo and did not see Lockett or Heeg listed. Here is the list from Track for the Oklahoma team:
100 Eric Casula
106 Thomas Aydn
113 Chris Kiser
113 Colt Collet
120 Gage Walker
126 Jayce Caviness
126 Sam Herring
132 Hunter Hollingsworth
138 Beau Hickman
145 Landyn Sommer
152 Kael Voinovich
160 Eric McCowen
170 Ryan Burton
180 Rocco Dellagatta
195 Oscar Williams
195 Thomas Payton
220 Gunner Wilson
2 Maverick Williamson
Starts at 9am Ok time Saturday and 8am OK time on Sunday.

I looked at the roster for the Oklahoma team on track and Flo and did not see Lockett or Heeg listed. Here is the list from Track for the Oklahoma team:
100 Eric Casula
106 Thomas Aydn
113 Chris Kiser
113 Colt Collet
120 Gage Walker
126 Jayce Caviness
126 Sam Herring
132 Hunter Hollingsworth
138 Beau Hickman
145 Landyn Sommer
152 Kael Voinovich
160 Eric McCowen
170 Ryan Burton
180 Rocco Dellagatta
195 Oscar Williams
195 Thomas Payton
220 Gunner Wilson
2 Maverick Williamson
Thanks for the update didn't realize the rosters were up, there are a lot of Oklahoma kids on there, but the rosters are scrambled to some extent. I know Routledge is wrestling on POWA, Lockett on Dynasty, McComas on Beast Coast. Also some of those kids are not Okies, I know Herring is from PA, Burton is from IL, I think Dellagatta is a Bergen kid, McCowen is west coaster etc...

Reactions: oberebo
100 Eric Casula
106 Thomas Aydn
113 Chris Kiser
113 Colt Collet
120 Gage Walker
126 Jayce Caviness
126 Sam Herring
132 Hunter Hollingsworth
138 Beau Hickman
145 Landyn Sommer
152 Kael Voinovich
160 Eric McCowen
170 Ryan Burton
180 Rocco Dellagatta
195 Oscar Williams
195 Thomas Payton
220 Gunner Wilson
2 Maverick Williamson
Tons of Talent in there!!

Reactions: osu2082
Tons of Talent in there!!
Oklahoma team not on the mat yet. There are five mats and the ten teams wrestling are all about 152 so it will be a while before Oklahoma wrestles. Oklahoma wrestles Team Empire. Team Empire lost 52-6 in the first round.

Last edited:
Oklahoma team not on the mat yet. There are five mats and the ten teams wrestling are all about 152 so it will be a while before Oklahoma wrestles. Oklahoma wrestles Team Empire. Team Empire lost 52-6 in the first round.
Oklahoma is wrestling the Indiana Outlaws and not Team Empire. They have started at 100#.

Reactions: JAY45
Man the far ankle defense is soooo good at just nullifying great shots right now at lower and mid weights. I’ve been so immersed in Olympic styles the past 6 months I forgot how prominent it has become. These kids are taking things that would have been a guaranteed 2 a few years ago and either getting a stalemate or even points of their own.

Man the far ankle defense is soooo good at just nullifying great shots right now at lower and mid weights. I’ve been so immersed in Olympic styles the past 6 months I forgot how prominent it has become. These kids are taking things that would have been a guaranteed 2 a few years ago and either getting a stalemate or even points of their own.
Oklahoma has the dual won and ahead at hvyweight3-0 in 3rd. Should win 33-23. We wrestle Team Empire in next round. Payton Thomas at 195 and Oscar Williams at 220 sealed the match for us. Voinovich at 152 lost 5-4 and Sommer at 145 lost in OT 6-4.

The officiating has been atrocious, they just don’t know the rules… they’re are letting folks just stay on a leg grab indefinitely missing exposures, calling exposures that aren’t, letting kids get rolling starts from neutral, letting pot. dangerous go... It’s not biased in any way, just legit horrible. I’d be real hesitant about going to this in the future…

The officiating has been atrocious, they just don’t know the rules… they’re are letting folks just stay on a leg grab indefinitely missing exposures, calling exposures that aren’t, letting kids get rolling starts from neutral, letting pot. dangerous go... It’s not biased in any way, just legit horrible. I’d be real hesitant about going to this in the future…
We were crushed in the lower weights and then Sommer leading all the way ran out of gas in the 3rd period and lost 9-7 followed by Voinovich losing 1-0 and McCowan losing 7-4 which made it 31-6 for Empire. We won the next 4 weights but it was too little too late and going into 285 we were trailing31-17. We were behind 19-0 after the first five weights before Hollingsworth at 132 won 7-4 to make it 19-3. Hickman then lost 4-3 giving up a TD in the 3rd and Somer as I mentioned ran out of gas to lose it in the 3rd. Voinovich lost 1-0 with the only point scored by an escape by Empire. Voinovich was the aggressor all the way but could not secure a takedown and was ridden out the 3rd period. We just got out wrestled in the first five weights,.

Last edited:
We were crushed in the lower weights and then Sommer leading all the way ran out of gas in the 3rd period and lost 9-7 followed by Voinovich losing 1-0 and McCowan losing 7-4 which made it 31-6 for Empire. We won the next 4 weights but it was too little too late and going into 285 we were trailing31-17. We were behind 19-0 after the first five weights before Hollingsworth at 132 won 7-4 to make it 19-3. Hickman then lost 4-3 giving up a TD in the 3rd and Somer as I mentioned ran out of gas to lose it in the 3rd. Voinovich lost 1-0 with the only point scored by an escape by Empire. Voinovich was the aggressor all the way but could not secure a takedown and was ridden out the 3rd period. We just got out wrestled in the first five weights,.
Well we got whomped by the Minions wrestling club and at 195 good and bad news as our top Recruit wrestled against Delagatta of Oklahoma team and won big 19-7 but was injured in the 3rd period and although he got another takedown after that he limped off the mat, Hope it was just knee sprain. Casula at 100 pounds got a tech fall and then we did not win again until 160 when McGowen beat Manella to make it 28-8 for the Minions. Voinovich suffered his 3rd loss of the day at 152 4-3. Kiser, Thomas, Caviness, Hickman and Hollingsworth,Sommer all lost. Our second win when Ryan Burton got a fall at 170. Then we lost at 182 and gave up a fall to Gabe Arnold at 195 and Oscar Williams lost at 220. I had company and did not watch 285 but we were trailing 38-14 then.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT