ADVERTISEMENT

Edward Snowden

Should Trump pardon Edward Snowden?

• Total voters
Tough decision. On one hand I support him as a whistle blower but the way he went about it I think he is a traitor.

Reactions: Been Jammin
When the US Govt is spending a majority of its resources spying on ordinary American citizens, I think we're looking to put the wrong persons in jail. Instead, you can watch them on CNN or MSNBC on any given night.

One problem is his deal gets conflated with SPC Manning. I haven’t dug into it enough to know if Snowden actually hurt or endangered anyone or national security.

Manning can definitely eat shit.

Reactions: OUSOONER67
We are going to go to sleep tonight and this time tomorrow the No votes will be 3x the Yes votes.

Sorry Snowden.

Reactions: PDT816
I know the Obama administration ignored his complaint and he felt helpless but ending up being welcomed into the arms of the Russians is a problem for me.

The US canceled his passport, where would you like for him to have gone? Dude stayed in an airport terminal for like a month

Reactions: CowboyJD
I know the Obama administration ignored his complaint and he felt helpless but ending up being welcomed into the arms of the Russians is a problem for me.
There’s something to the argument that he wasn’t given any option. Not saying it’s right but it’s not black/white either.

One problem is his deal gets conflated with SPC Manning. I haven’t dug into it enough to know if Snowden actually hurt or endangered anyone or national security.

Manning can definitely eat shit.

and Obama commuted that cowardly, traitorous POS' sentence.

Everyone should watch the Snowden documentary that is a real-time account of him getting vetted by Greenwald ET. AL. Can't remember if it's on Netflix or Prime.

He's clearly not some disgruntled employee with an axe to grind.

Reactions: TPOKE and CowboyJD
and Obama commuted that cowardly, traitorous POS' sentence.

Edward Snowden was trying to inform the American people the federal government was spying on them. An act that was illegal until the Patriot Act and something the government promised they would not do. Stupid us for believing them and evidence to never trust government to fulfill it's promises. Just a few years later we learned that the Obama administration was using those same intelligence services to spy on a political opponent, something that should only happen in banana republics. Please forgive me for thinking that at first Snowden was trying to do the right thing but screwed it all up by going to Russia.

Yea. Idk what his other options are but if your country doesn’t do what’s right then all is fair to me. Couldn’t go to any that would extradite

Yea. Idk what his other options are but if your country doesn’t do what’s right then all is fair to me. Couldn’t go to any that would extradite

Several countries with no extradition treaty. Admittedly I do not know if he tried to contact them. By the way I voted that Trump should pardon him

Reactions: Ponca Dan

Snowden has publicly stated he's willing to return for a trial if he's allowed to defend himself.

Snowden was flying from Hong Kong to Moscow to Cuba and then on to South America. (I'm assuming Brazil with the ties to Greenwald)

He was not allowed to travel past Moscow because his passport was canceled.

To quote Voltaire, “it is dangerous to be right in matters where established men are wrong”

Odd that the voting results should be flipped...

From a ideological standpoint, those closer to the left should want a pardon and those leaning right should want him to pay for his crimes.

Why do you think this is happening?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT