ADVERTISEMENT

Duck season opens in Minnesota

okstate_1

All-American
Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
This Saturday! Weather will be a nice 70 degrees. I have the blind built, dog tuned up, shotgun cleaned, shotgun shells, duck and goose calls, and a guy who likes to shoot air!
3dgrin.gif

Will hunt for some divers in the morning on the lake and then head over to the farms for some woodies and geeses! I am pump up and ready to fill ducks up with steel!

Pictures coming next Monday!

After OSU beats the aggies and some dead ducks it will be a great opener!

Well the first morning of Duck season in Minnesota wasn't as fruitful as I would have liked, but it was fun out seeing some birds flying. It probably was due to the bad shooters.
rolleyes.gif

Then went inside to watch the Mighty Cowboys beat those A$M gals!
3dgrin.gif

Went out the second day for about an hour and half. Had to get back to the city and go give golf lessons. But managed to shoot 4 ducks in the short time. Two Mergansers, One blue winged teal, and a drake mallard.

We hunt on a point on our lake. So it is a little early for divers to be moving. So I might go over to our farms this weekend and hunt some ponds for woodies, widgeon, teal, and mallards. Also we opened our season a week earlier this year. But had a great time and can't wait to get back out there and bang some more birds!

here are a few pics:

The morning sunrise

Another pic of the morning

My totally pumped up golden retriever!
smilie1.gif

My daughter hiding her ducks under her feet.

The mighty hunter with his kills!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT