ADVERTISEMENT

DTK st patrick's weekend show announcement.

MegaPoke

May 29, 2001
Tulsa
www.shipmanphotos.com
I know some of you guys have come to our shows in the past, and it's been a long time since we've had one.

These announcements usually land with a thud on this board, but thought I would pass this along anyway since we just don't play as often anymore and someone might want to come see it. This is actually our band's 10 year anniversary. Hard to believe... We really slowed down about 3 years ago when the guy that played Paul in our band moved to Chicago. We only booked shows we could fly him in for. Out of loyalty, we kept it that way for the most part, but we are excited to have a big festival stage big crowd show to introduce our new Paul.

The "headliner" is Rick Derringer - who sang on Stranglehold and is best known for Rock and Roll hootchie coo. There's a well known ACDC tribute band following us (good luck, bitches) before Derringer.

It's a week from Saturday, it's all ages and it's FREE. Extended forecast looks like good weather, so come get some green beer and join us for a St Patrick's weekend rock and roll party.

10007309_10206226189203358_6716502837007759648_o.jpg

I've been to about as many DTK shows as anyone here. I'll see if the wife and I can attend.

Originally posted by Ostatedchi:
I've been to about as many DTK shows as anyone here. I'll see if the wife and I can attend.
Awesome! I gotta admit, a little nervous after this much time off, but I am really looking forward to it. In my experience, it's like being in a game - nerves only last for about half of the first song. And that first song is my favorite to play.

Doh. double post.

This post was edited on 3/3 6:40 PM by Ostatedchi

Perhaps I should make another appearance.....green beer, Mega?

;)

For those who haven't been, Mega and his comrades are the real deal. Great show!

I've always enjoyed your shows.

I would make this one, but will be in Dallas for Johny and Jared's UFC fights.

Thank you guys! Assuming this show goes well I think we want to get back to doing quarterly shows in the area - including OKC. may be partnering with a very solid 80's band from Wichita to do some dates.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Rick Derringer was a guest artist/producer on The Edgar Winter Group's huge 1972 album "They Only Come Out at Night".

I don't know if he was credited but it is believed he played the funky guitar solo on "Free Ride".

Totally badass musician.

I'm looking forward to meeting Derringer. We aren't usually an opening band, but a tribute band fits in a strange niche between cover bands, unsigned originals and original headliners. We headline midsized events usually.

But having any kind of "name" draw makes it a really fun experience. In bands Glow and/or I have played in, we can now add Rick Derringer to Foghat (hope he does Slow Ride) and REO Speedwagon, who gave us the best rock n roll story ever, to bsnds we've opened for.

It is so much fun doing shit like this guys. I wish I could bottle the experience and sell it.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT