ADVERTISEMENT

Do You Drink Cow Milk or an Alternative Like Almond Milk?

Almond milk here, but as others say, bake and cook with milk on old tried and true recipes.

Absolutely. Every other animal on the planet partakes in one or both of those activities (not necessarily a cow, but flesh and/or plant life). Life is dependent on it. No other animal specifically seeks to drink milk after infancy, much less that of another species.

We're the only animal with articulated thumbs. Heh.

I'm with Colcord. I grew up on milk from the dairy, butterfat and all. Used to trade a couple dozen of our organic eggs for a gallon of fresh milk from the dairy down the road.

Great memory. Large mouth glass jar with a big sheet of wax paper under the lid to keep it from leaking. Had to stir the cream back into the milk before you poured it.

Neither humans nor calves leave the breast on their own accord. Nursing stops when mama says "no." you hear about home-school types who nurse til they're four or five. We used to keep show calves on a dairy cow their whole lives.

I like almond milk, I never think to buy it because I very seldom buy milk of any kind. Once in a while a bowl of cereal is a real treat, I admit.

I've been lactose intolerant since I was 32 or so, now 60. I've been drinking the Lactaid or Dairy Ease milk for a long time and have grown accustomed to the taste. My son turns up his nose at the Lactaid/Dairy Ease milk. I thought the almond milk or soy milk was just wrong on all accounts for some reason. I mean, milk from a nut?? Well I tried it a while back and it's really good. A bit sweeter than I expected but really good on cereal.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT