ADVERTISEMENT

Did we recruit Bo Nickal?

I agree totally with pokefan4life

Tognetti is as responsible as Amalone is, if he had not tried to show amalone up this silly post would have went away a long time ago.

Tognetti is as responsible as Amalone is, if he had not tried to show amalone up this silly post would have went away a long time ago.

You don't know PSU fans very well....

Amalone I think at least accepted apologies and moved on before I got banned? IIRC, he at least was decent? However, they have moved well, well ahead of Iowa on my lists of hate. Amalone, you might let those arrogant pricks over there, including your gutless mod that I'm not done.

Reactions: NYWRESTLER94
Obviously... you missed the discussion back on Penn State's board where this very subject was discussed. Discussing scenarios that were discussed between reliable sources and then shared is not trolling. It's called discussing plausible and very possible truths. You don't have to be an asshat... to prove such points. And to think you're a Penn State... ignorant Ass Hat.

Obviously.... no one here knows of what Mr. Nickal did or didn't do. That's why it was being discussed. Not in a purposeful or productive way so give yourself an ass slap for that... Mr. Ass Hat.

Stuff like this will get you labeled an ASS KISSER. Enjoy which ever fits best for you.
Amalone,

The topic here was "did we(OSU) recruit Bo Nickal" and the OSU posters were discussing it. It appeared to me you posted to get a rise out of them seemingly to let them know they had no chance. And "hearing from reputable sources" doesn't make it so. And, it has nothing to do with if OSU recruited Bo.

A few years ago in St. Louis I had the good fortune to get to know some of the OSU fans at the Expo near the arena and found them to be among the most welcoming and knowledgable fans I had run into. I have taken issue with Mike at times and you as well for the "chest thumping....over the top posts. I guess I just like to see a rational discussion without the theatrics that give our fan base a poor reputation.

If being respectful of other teams forums makes we what you say I am then God help you if you look in the mirror and see how other may see you!

Reactions: BigD_cowboy
Amalone,

The topic here was "did we(OSU) recruit Bo Nickal" and the OSU posters were discussing it. It appeared to me you posted to get a rise out of them seemingly to let them know they had no chance. And "hearing from reputable sources" doesn't make it so. And, it has nothing to do with if OSU recruited Bo.

A few years ago in St. Louis I had the good fortune to get to know some of the OSU fans at the Expo near the arena and found them to be among the most welcoming and knowledgable fans I had run into. I have taken issue with Mike at times and you as well for the "chest thumping....over the top posts. I guess I just like to see a rational discussion without the theatrics that give our fan base a poor reputation.

If being respectful of other teams forums makes we what you say I am then God help you if you look in the mirror and see how other may see you!

Do you ever shut up?

Posted by amalone

Obviously... you missed the discussion back on Penn State's board where this very subject was discussed. Discussing scenarios that were discussed between reliable sources and then shared is not trolling. It's called discussing plausible and very possible truths. You don't have to be an asshat... to prove such points. And to think you're a Penn State... ignorant Ass Hat.

Obviously.... no one here knows of what Mr. Nickal did or didn't do. That's why it was being discussed. Not in a purposeful or productive way so give yourself an ass slap for that... Mr. Ass Hat.

Stuff like this will get you labeled an ASS KISSER. Enjoy which ever fits best for you.

Amalone,

If being respectful of other teams forums makes me what you say I am then God help you if you look in the mirror and see how other may see you!

44 BDB57, 1 minute ago

Posted by amalone

Amalone,

If being respectful of other teams forums makes me what you say I am then God help you if you look in the mirror and see how other may see you!

44 BDB57, 1 minute ago
Mindboggling.

Mindboggling.
What is mindboggling is that several days ago Biocowboy asked an innocent question. I am certain that question was not to stir up controversy. We did recruit Bo Nickal as did half the coaches in the country. Penn State won the recruiting battle and that is the end of it for me. We lost the battle which is not a rarity. We win some and we lose some but John has a good track record. I do not know anything else about this recruiting and do not care to. This is two years later and we need to move on. Now we have Penn State posters battling each other on our board. They have every right to post but why not do it on their board.?

What is mindboggling is that several days ago Biocowboy asked an innocent question. I am certain that question was not to stir up controversy. We did recruit Bo Nickal as did half the coaches in the country. Penn State won the recruiting battle and that is the end of it for me. We lost the battle which is not a rarity. We win some and we lose some but John has a good track record. I do not know anything else about this recruiting and do not care to. This is two years later and we need to move on. Now we have Penn State posters battling each other on our board. They have every right to post but why not do it on their board.?
\

OSU got the #1 recruit that year.

Amalone,

Your premise... not an ounce of truth to it. My only premise was that Jason Nickal contacted Cael... that's it. Don't think beyond that or too hard.

Maybe in this case but Amalone tends to bring it out in some folks...Mikey T posts a lot on the Iowa board and most of our guys like him. I disagree with him from time to time but I wouldn't mind having a beer with him at nationals because I know he's a decent guy and a hardcore Cowpoke fan.

Amalone...go back to under your bridge at BWI where you belong.

Maybe in this case but Amalone tends to bring it out in some folks...Mikey T posts a lot on the Iowa board and most of our guys like him. I disagree with him from time to time but I wouldn't mind having a beer with him at nationals because I know he's a decent guy and a hardcore Cowpoke fan.

Amalone...go back to under your bridge at BWI where you belong.
I'd go back to the bridge... but you have the keys.

This is from a Pittsburgh Post-Gazette article about Bo being selected to wrestled in the Dapper Dan. It doesn't exactly answer the OP's question, but it sheds some light.

"'Penn State started recruiting me when I was a junior,' said Nickal, who boasts a 181-7 career record. 'I made a visit last May and just loved it. I loved everything about the campus. The coaching staff and wrestlers made me feel at home.'

"Nickal received an offer from Penn State at the end of July and didn't waste much time making a decision.

"'Coach Sanderson has done a great job since coming to Penn State,' said Nickal, who turned down offers from Ohio State, Cornell, Michigan State and Okahoma. "'I'm looking forward to the opportunity to wrestle for him.'"

Michigan State is a surprise.

This is from a Pittsburgh Post-Gazette article about Bo being selected to wrestled in the Dapper Dan. It doesn't exactly answer the OP's question, but it sheds some light.

"'Penn State started recruiting me when I was a junior,' said Nickal, who boasts a 181-7 career record. 'I made a visit last May and just loved it. I loved everything about the campus. The coaching staff and wrestlers made me feel at home.'

"Nickal received an offer from Penn State at the end of July and didn't waste much time making a decision.

"'Coach Sanderson has done a great job since coming to Penn State,' said Nickal, who turned down offers from Ohio State, Cornell, Michigan State and Okahoma. "'I'm looking forward to the opportunity to wrestle for him.'"

Seriously!! How could anyone turn down MSU?!

Reactions: CholleyVandine
If the sum total of my penn state wrestling fan impressions came from the Internet ...

Fortunately I've met several in person. They think amalone is just grumpy, because he's too large now to climb his mothers basement stairs and get some sunlight.

Reactions: hawkssox1
If the sum total of my penn state wrestling fan impressions came from the Internet ...

Fortunately I've met several in person. They think amalone is just grumpy, because he's too large now to climb his mothers basement stairs and get some sunlight.

You might have mistaken your own image in the mirror.

oklahoma-state-fan.png

EPP1573.jpg

Don't tell MOM... you let yourself out and dressed yourself and forgot these.

20-greatest-sports-signs-17.jpg

I am guessing they meant Michigan and Oklahoma State. That would make much more sense.

xokrwK5.jpg

Or maybe that's you... worked up into a frenzy behind that deer.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT