ADVERTISEMENT

Describe your deer camp!

TexasCowPoke

Heisman Winner
Gold Member
Oct 22, 2003
Small ranch North of Denton, TX
I love deer camp, though it has varied a lot over the years from staying at a friends house, pitching a tent, pitching multiple tents, fixing up a barn to stay in, to the last ten or so years, circling the old campers, building a big firepit, and setting up an enclosed cooking tent to hang out in regardless of what the weather brings.

I thought it might be fun to hear what peoples favorite deer camp or things about deer camps they enjoy most. Anyone? Worst deer camp stories?

My deer camps are my house for my lease out by Arcadia Lake, and my parents house for hunting Southern OK, so definitely not roughing it...

My deer camp is great. Fully stocked fridge, flat screen tv's and other luxuries. The elusive double breasted mattress thrasher usually can be hunted in the area as well. My deer camp is 2 - 3 miles to all of my hunting spots. It feels just like home....

My father-in-law and I got a great deal on a brand new FEMA fifth wheel trailer several year ago. We set it up on his land on a hill overlooking a quarter mile treeline and a big food plot. It's far enough away that we won't spook the deer, but still see what's going on. We have a shooting range set up next to it. We use a generator and have a DirecTV dish so we can still watch football. No running water. It's fun, and we have a good time hanging out while not hunting.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT