ADVERTISEMENT

Desanto

I haven't seen anything but it would legitimately shock me if Iowa actually kicked him off the team. Sounds like they are getting everyone back next year. They need Desanto to fend off PSU.

Reactions: osu2082
I doubt it as he verbally assaulted a reporter afterwards (it was not that terrible). Apparently Austin has autism and that explains quite a bit that makes me appreciate him a little bit more.
I think Kemmerer is still not settled on a return for another year.

If he returns or leaves, it means very little to me. I do not like Iowa even a little bit. I especially don’t like the brands brothers. If he returns good for him. If he leaves, oh well. The kid acts like fool on the mat.

I’d say Desanto is gone, for all of the stuff we’ve seen, just imagine what we don’t know.

I’d say Kemerer is done. I think he is in the same situation eligibility wise as Boo.

Marinelli coming back? What is his career so far 6/7/no tournament/DNP?

Reactions: tom_v31
Lee, DeSanto, Eirman and Marinelli all announced they are returning next year right after nationals.

I appreciate how Desanto wrestles, fast paced, aggressive, dynamic, hard nosed. But I dislike what I see of the man himself. Arrogant, cocky, self centered, poor sport. No idea if that’s really who he is, but I wouldn’t be sad to see him move on.

I’d say Desanto is gone, for all of the stuff we’ve seen, just imagine what we don’t know.

I’d say Kemerer is done. I think he is in the same situation eligibility wise as Boo.

Marinelli coming back? What is his career so far 6/7/no tournament/DNP?
If you wrestled this year (2021) you can wrestle next year (2022).

I’m saying Desanto is kicked off.
I don’t think Kemerer will come back for a 7 year. The same as Boo.
Marinelli may finally get over the hump, but he’s headed in the wrong direction.

Wrestler “A” used his redshirt his freshman year in 2019. Wrestled his Freshman year in 2020, but the tournament was cancelled. They could have sat out or wrestled this year. They have 3 years of wrestling left. The wrestlers that got hurt were the wrestlers like Picc that had no more eligibility left when the season was cancelled last year. I wish they would have allowed those wrestlers to come back for another season rather than the way they did it. I’m sure they had their reasons. I think AJ beats Kollin Moore.

Don't think anyone actually redshirted in 2021, why would they?
I am sure a lot of guys didn't get in any matches in 2021. Abe Assad comes to mind. There were no open tourneys to speak of, so many freshman probably did not get in a match.

It doesn’t matter what you did this year. Wrestled or didn’t wrestle. If you didn’t wrestle it was just a year that you didn’t wrestle. No redshirt needed to be taken. If you did wrestle like AJ, Plott, Mastro, they can wrestle another 4 years and could also use a redshirt somewhere in there.

I’m not sure how many ways it can be explained?

Reactions: Cali_Nittany
The Ohio St insider posted something interesting (maybe). Talking about the extra year, he said "and NLI guys coming in, they get theirs". Anyone know about that? Thought it only applied to rostered athletes.

The Ohio St insider posted something interesting (maybe). Talking about the extra year, he said "and NLI guys coming in, they get theirs". Anyone know about that? Thought it only applied to rostered athletes.
I think I did hear something about. It made very little sense to me so I didn’t process it and I soon forgot it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT