ADVERTISEMENT

Derek Chauvin trial verdict

Crazy that some people wanted first degree murder. Those idiots obviously don’t know what first degree murder is. People who wanted that and felt justified must have skipped government class in high school.
Never underestimate the stupidity of the average American. DA made the right call at Murder 3, made the proper 3-2 swing and got the RBI.

I felt Chauvin stepped over the line. GF was no hero, and he had his faults, some feel serious faults. But this lasted almost 10 minutes and he was no threat for a long time IMO, even if drugs contributed to his death. Chauvin IMO showed no concern for GF’s
health, people watching could see he was dying. When I first saw the video it made me extremely uncomfortable.

If that was my family member and they were treated that way under the same circumstances I would be pissed, to say the least.

What happened was no justification for the riots and the ensuing posturing to take advantage of a tragedy for political and economic gain.

We saw so many things go wrong from what happened that day.

We need better policing IMO than what we saw that day, and that does not in my mind mean defunding the police or disarming them.

Chauvin screwed up big time, was it a pre-meditated act? I do not believe so. Was it a racist act? Only Chauvin knows. Is every white officer a racist pig? Hell no.
I’ll go a little further, if someone did that to my family member I’d put them down in the street.

I felt Chauvin stepped over the line. GF was no hero, and he had his faults, some feel serious faults. But this lasted almost 10 minutes and he was no threat for a long time IMO, even if drugs contributed to his death. Chauvin IMO showed no concern for GF’s
health, people watching could see he was dying. When I first saw the video it made me extremely uncomfortable.

If that was my family member and they were treated that way under the same circumstances I would be pissed, to say the least.

What happened was no justification for the riots and the ensuing posturing to take advantage of a tragedy for political and economic gain.

We saw so many things go wrong from what happened that day.

We need better policing IMO than what we saw that day, and that does not in my mind mean defunding the police or disarming them.

Chauvin screwed up big time, was it a pre-meditated act? I do not believe so. Was it a racist act? Only Chauvin knows. Is every white officer a racist pig? Hell no.
I paid no attention to the trial at all. I don’t know what the charges were or what was the burden of proof required of the prosecutor to elicit a guilty verdict. I would say just as the judge apparently chastised Maxine Waters for interfering with the legal process it is incumbent on us to accept that the legal process was carried out and those of us not personally involved probably ought to accept the verdict. I’m sure there will be an appeal, a furtherance of the process.

I do not think the policeman intentionally intended to kill the man. When I first saw the video of him with his knee on his neck long after he had quit resisting and as bystanders were pleading for him to let him up what I saw in the cop’s face as he stared out at them was a steely determination to show them he was in charge, he’d be the one to decide when and if he’d remove his knee, and none of the people watching were going to tell him what to do. It struck me as complete disdain for the suffering he was causing because he was going to prove he was the macho man making all the decisions, and was not going to be hounded into releasing the prisoner until he damned well felt like it. And it was that look on his face that infuriated me. I don’t think he wanted to kill him, but I thought it was more important to him to show the crowd he was the boss than to tend to a prisoner that was obviously in distress. I don’t know what the charges were or if they were appropriate, but IMO the cop killed the man straight up, and deserved to face consequences of some kind more than just being fired.

Reactions: squeak and OKSTATE1
Let me preface this by saying that I think Chauvin was guilty of killing George Floyd. That being said, I’m still of the believe that this whole trial was pretty fishy. Here‘s some reasons why.

1. I’ve never seen police turn on their own like cops did in this one. Cops throwing another cop under the bus is extremely rare. And this was Chauvin‘s superiors.

2. Nothing got brought up that the use of force that Chauvin applied was part of the Minneapolis Police Department’s protocol. That would have justified Chauvin’s actions.

3. Nothing was brought up about Chauvin’s relationship with George Floyd. The two had worked together in a night club as security. This could have established an animosity between the two.

4. The trial was incredibly short for such a high-profile case. It was as if both the prosecution AND the defense just wanted to end this as quickly as possible without building up any publicity and tension.

If there was ever a case that the defense almost tried to lose -- or, at least, didn’t mind losing — it was this one. It was as if that both sides knew that any acquittal would lead to massive trouble around the nation.

Let me preface this by saying that I think Chauvin was guilty of killing George Floyd. That being said, I’m still of the believe that this whole trial was pretty fishy. Here‘s some reasons why.

1. I’ve never seen police turn on their own like cops did in this one. Cops throwing another cop under the bus is extremely rare. And this was Chauvin‘s superiors.

2. Nothing got brought up that the use of force that Chauvin applied was part of the Minneapolis Police Department’s protocol. That would have justified Chauvin’s actions.

3. Nothing was brought up about Chauvin’s relationship with George Floyd. The two had worked together in a night club as security. This could have established an animosity between the two.

4. The trial was incredibly short for such a high-profile case. It was as if both the prosecution AND the defense just wanted to end this as quickly as possible without building up any publicity and tension.

If there was ever a case that the defense almost tried to lose -- or, at least, didn’t mind losing — it was this one. It was as if that both sides knew that any acquittal would lead to massive trouble around the nation.
As to No 1, what Chauvin did screwed white police officers all over the country and made their jobs so bad with defunding, hate, and guilty (racist) until proven innocent, officers started resigning all over the country. I could see officers hating him.

As to No 2, I saw the defense claim this. Even if it was a normal use of force, it became excessive, so I do not feel this changes the outcome.

As to No 3, GF was dead (he could not speak to this) and Chauvin would not self incriminate. If it had been advantageous for Chauvin to take the stand and address this, the defense would have done so.

As to No 4, you had a ton of video and eye witness accounts so establishing “what happened”, was not going to take long. It was not a complicated case due to the evidence available of the crime as it happened.

That is my take and just one person’s opinion, could be totally wrong.

Last edited:
Reactions: 07pilt
As to No 1, what Chauvin did screwed white police officers all over the country and made their jobs so bad with defunding, hate, and guilty (racist) until proven innocent, officers started resigning all over the country. I could see officers hating him.

As to No 2, I saw the defense claim this. Even if it was a normal use of force, it became excessive, so I do not feel this changes the outcome.

As to No 3, GF was dead (he could not speak to this) and Chauvin would not self incriminate. If it had been advantageous for Chauvin to take the stand and address this, the defense would have done so.

As to No 4, you had a ton of video and eye witness accounts so establishing “what happened”, was not going to take long. It was not a complicated case due to the evidence available of the crime as it happened.

That is my take and just one person’s opinion, could be totally wrong.

"As to No 1, what Chauvin did screwed white police officers all over the country and made their jobs so bad with defunding, hate, and guilty (racist) until proven innocent, officers started resigning all over the country. I could see officers hating him."

The media and Dims have been doing that for a while now, its what has brought on all this tension between blacks and cops that we see so much of today. The left and the leftist media have an agenda and it aint peace between the aforementioned. Sad so many people buy into that garbage but the Avg IQ in America has to be lower than what SBI says, he says 98 or 95 I think. Has to be at 75 or 80 maybe lower.

the police captain said this was not normal police protocol...days ago. Talking about #2. When I heard that I knew he Chauvin was in big trouble. I thought it was typical police procedure but apparently not.

the police captain said this was not normal police protocol...days ago. Talking about #2. When I heard that I knew he Chauvin was in big trouble. I thought it was typical police procedure but apparently not.
Yes, damaging testimony. Defense tried to counter but again what he did was excessive.

Reactions: OUSOONER67
ADVERTISEMENT