ADVERTISEMENT

Derek Chauvin trial verdict

SUPERPOKES

Heisman Winner
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
DFW
I was teaching about the ‘90s last week in my US History classes. We talked about the Rodney King beating and the LA Riots and my students saw video of the rioting. I told them that if Chauvin is found not guilty, what happened in LA will happen all over the US this time.

I was teaching about the ‘90s last week in my US History classes. We talked about the Rodney King beating and the LA Riots and my students saw video of the rioting. I told them that if Chauvin is found not guilty, what happened in LA will happen all over the US this time.

Did you show them Rodney kings rap sheet before and after his beating?

Reactions: OUSOONER67
Mentioned it. I left it off of the PowerPoint because one of the young ladies on my team is massive woke. When we taught the Civil Rights Movement, this chick portrayed the Black Panthers as peaceful organization.

also the high speed chase and him rushing at a cop when he was out of the car

I was in high school and remember rush Limbaugh showing the part of the video with him running at the cop, didn’t understand why everyone was leaving off that part of the video

Hung jury is what I'm thinking.......but yes, they are going to riot in multiple places across the US no matter what happens. And honestly who wouldn't agree that there is nothing like a new pair of nikes, a huge flat screen TV, some liquor and smokes to assuage your hurt feelers over whatever grievance you have managed to crawl into your brain. Suspect the plans have already been laid out and communicated to the various "peaceful protesters" US wide.

Yes.

Read this book and you’ll fully understand why. I live next door to a US Congressman and was hanging out with him a few Saturday mornings ago. He’s reading this book right now.

I will put that on the reading list but I do not need a book to tell me what will happen. Looking at these same cities when they win a NBA Championship is all one needs to know there will be riots no matter the outcome.

I will put that on the reading list but I do not need a book to tell me what will happen. Looking at these same cities when they win a NBA Championship is all one needs to know there will be riots no matter the outcome.

The book will explain the nuts and bolts of why they are rioting and their methods. The Cliffs is that they hate capitalism and the majority of them are anarcho-Marxists.

The verdict is in. This quick of a verdict means guilty. What if we don't know.

Find out between 3:30 and 4 central time.

Makes it tough to actually deep dive consider a verdict when the President of the United States and numerous members of congress just put a proverbial gun to the jury’s head.

You guys know any good TV deals going on in Minneapolis tonight? I need to up grade to a 85 inch and thought there might be some fire deals up there tonight.

The verdict is in. This quick of a verdict means guilty. What if we don't know.

Find out between 3:30 and 4 central time.
I only saw the defense's closing argument, but after that I don't see how you could arrive at guilty this quickly.

I only saw the defense's closing argument, but after that I don't see how you could arrive at guilty this quickly.
Hung jury would take even longer, no? He’s not gonna be acquitted.

We would know of a hung jury because they would tell the judge and he would them to go keep working on it and would take several days.

Not guilty was never going to happen.

Reactions: launch
So over/under that people still go riot tonight because this proves they are oppressed and they deserve the stuff they steal.

Mentioned it. I left it off of the PowerPoint because one of the young ladies on my team is massive woke. When we taught the Civil Rights Movement, this chick portrayed the Black Panthers as peaceful organization.
And you portrayed the KKK as friendly, and lynchings as fun?

• Haha
Reactions: Marocain Poke
All three charges, huh?

Since the topic of lynchings just came up..........🤣 😂 😅 😂 🤣 😂 😅 😂 🤣

*Edit note for context: don’t really see a problem with the manslaughter verdict

Last edited:
And you portrayed the KKK as friendly, and lynchings as fun?
robert-byrd.jpg

They didn’t want their lives ruined. That is what has become of our judicial system. Don’t rule in the way some people like then we will ruin you.

In this case I do think the cop acted like a prick and should have been convicted of manslaughter. Murder charges were a stretch but then again I wasn’t on the jury.

I really haven’t heard a legal talking head saying anything other of guilty. Most didn’t think the defense did a good job pre trial and that the burden of proof was extremely low. I didn’t personally watch much more than what I as at the gym but I thought the prosecutor did a good job of sitting up the case and making it as much of an emotional decision as a legal decision.

end of the day I didn’t listen to the whole trial so I can’t say anything one way or the other. I do think the jury was intimidated by the mob and members of Congress calling for violence.

Crazy that some people wanted first degree murder. Those idiots obviously don’t know what first degree murder is. People who wanted that and felt justified must have skipped government class in high school.

I felt Chauvin stepped over the line. GF was no hero, and he had his faults, some feel serious faults. But this lasted almost 10 minutes and he was no threat for a long time IMO, even if drugs contributed to his death. Chauvin IMO showed no concern for GF’s
health, people watching could see he was dying. When I first saw the video it made me extremely uncomfortable.

If that was my family member and they were treated that way under the same circumstances I would be pissed, to say the least.

What happened was no justification for the riots and the ensuing posturing to take advantage of a tragedy for political and economic gain.

We saw so many things go wrong from what happened that day.

We need better policing IMO than what we saw that day, and that does not in my mind mean defunding the police or disarming them.

Chauvin screwed up big time, was it a pre-meditated act? I do not believe so. Was it a racist act? Only Chauvin knows. Is every white officer a racist pig? Hell no.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT