ADVERTISEMENT

Democrats To Put Forward Legislation To Pack The SCOTUS

2012Bearcat

MegaPoke is insane
Gold Member
Oct 30, 2010

We were warned that Democrats would abuse their power in order to take control of every facet of government in order to give them supreme reign and here we are. Democrats accused Trump of being a dictator when in fact it is Democrats that are the ones that desire absolute authoritarian power. This effort is a direct threat to our Republic and should be met with absolute resistance. if Democrats manage to get this legislation through it will cause an even greater divide that will put this country on a path of destruction.

We were warned that Democrats would abuse their power in order to take control of every facet of government in order to give them supreme reign and here we are. Democrats accused Trump of being a dictator when in fact it is Democrats that are the ones that desire absolute authoritarian power. This effort is a direct threat to our Republic and should be met with absolute resistance. if Democrats manage to get this legislation through it will cause an even greater divide that will put this country on a path of destruction.
This is 100% what pisses me off about Republicans. They were so butt hurt that Trump ruined their good old boy system they didn't fight at all to keep up the voting Integrity-knowing that this would happen that the left would do all this.

. Any idiot that's up-to-date on the left knew this is what would happen (Border, pipeline, BLM running wild, pack SCOTUS, Vaccine passports, make DC and PR a state, vote harvesting et al). And yet as usual the Good Ole Boy party let us down and took care of themselves

This is 100% what pisses me off about Republicans. They were so butt hurt that Trump ruined their good old boy system they didn't fight at all to keep up the voting Integrity-knowing that this would happen that the left would do all this.

. Any idiot that's up-to-date on the left knew this is what would happen (Border, pipeline, BLM running wild, pack SCOTUS, Vaccine passports, make DC and PR a state, vote harvesting et al). And yet as usual the Good Ole Boy party let us down and took care of themselves
There is a reason I became a libertarian many moons ago.

Watching the press conference was hilarious. Nothing but lies, mischaracterizations and more lies.

You very seldom ever see the leftist judges disagreeing on much but often see the so called conservative judges disagree in their rulings.

There is a reason I became a libertarian many moons ago.
Quit calling myself a Republican when I figured out the "establishment"...Boehner, Romney, Bush, McCain,Cornyn, Ryan, Graham et al...make me sick. Called myself a Trump Republican when they got some balls back under him- now they are as sickening to me as the Dims. Sans Jordan ,MTG, Nunes et al- but overall they suck. I won't donate anything else till it's all fixed which will Prob be never

Last edited:
Quit calling myself a Republican when I figured out the "establishment"...Boehner, Romney, Bush, McCain,Cornyn, Ryan, Graham et al...make me sick. Called myself a Trump Republican when they got some balls back under him- now they are as sickening to me as the Dims. Sans Jordan ,MTG, Nunes et al- but overall they suck. I won't donate anything else till it's all fixed which will Prob be never
I started to question my allegiance after the Patriot Act and after about a year or two of Obama I realized that Dems and Pubs were really one party and and that party was controlled by corporations.

Reactions: OUSOONER67
I started to question my allegiance after the Patriot Act and after about a year or two of Obama I realized that Dems and Pubs were really one party and and that party was controlled by corporations.
The problem being, of course, that a Libertarian can’t get elected to any meaningful office. That becomes less of a problem when the alternatives from both parties are unattractive, or at least one becomes more indifferent/apathetic.

The question is are there two democrats with the sense to vote for what’s best in the long term?

Last edited:
Reactions: Tulsaaggieson
They do see how stupid this move is right? Who knows maybe their intent is to open up voting to the extent where they can manipulate wins permanently. If not the court will continue to expand with no end in sight. Before I die I would end up being a Supreme Court justice and I don’t even have a law degree.

They do see how stupid this move is right? Who knows maybe their intent is to open up voting to the extent where they can manipulate wins permanently. If not the court will continue to expand with no end in sight. Before I die I would end up being a Supreme Court justice and I don’t even have a law degree.
Who is surprised what the Communist Party (former Democrat Party) has planned for us? And an all time record 81 million Americans voted for this? I think not.

Will we get meaningful voter reform?

Reactions: iasooner2000
Who is surprised what the Communist Party (former Democrat Party) has planned for us? And an all time record 81 million Americans voted for this? I think not.

The sad fact is it seems this a power grab with the intent of holding power forever. If they can strip away voting integrity and can win by any means necessary they might never give up any branch of government at the national level. That has to be what they are thinking. Otherwise they have to know they will be creating chaos for eternity related to the Supreme Court. The main reason they are at a 6-3 disadvantage is rbg was selfish and didn’t retire when she could be replaced by a leftist judge. Breyer appears to want to do the same thing apparently.

The sad fact is it seems this a power grab with the intent of holding power forever. If they can strip away voting integrity and can win by any means necessary they might never give up any branch of government at the national level. That has to be what they are thinking. Otherwise they have to know they will be creating chaos for eternity related to the Supreme Court. The main reason they are at a 6-3 disadvantage is rbg was selfish and didn’t retire when she could be replaced by a leftist judge. Breyer appears to want to do the same thing apparently.
Worthy of a hundred likes.

Till rbg's death, was it about 5 decades the Dimms pretty much had a Supreme Court majority? Now with change, the Dimms want to pack the court.

I don’t get this move at all. Just put in a clause to take away the lifetime seat. Make it a 25 year term and then they could replace Thomas. It doesn’t need to be lifetime anyways. Justices are getting nominated too young and living too long these days. Pack the court and it will never end.

Lol everyone's now supposed to forget the garland and comey barret nominations. Just move on and don't do anything, I guess.

The strong do what they will. The weak endure what they must.

Interestingly enough, you don't have to be a lawyer or even have a law degree to be a Supreme Court justice. The Constitution is basically silent on requirements for SCOTUS justices.

They all have had some form of legal education or experience so far, but don't give up hope.

Interestingly enough, you don't have to be a lawyer or even have a law degree to be a Supreme Court justice. The Constitution is basically silent on requirements for SCOTUS justices.

They all have had some form of legal education or experience so far, but don't give up hope.
Well great. You will beat me to it, but once the Supreme Court expands to 100,000 Supreme Court justices I will be ready to oppose you lol. What are your thoughts on Supreme Court expansion?

Reactions: CowboyJD
I've been enduring for a long time.

200.gif

Well great. You will beat me to it, but once the Supreme Court expands to 100,000 Supreme Court justices I will be ready to oppose you lol. What are your thoughts on Supreme Court expansion?

It's changed in size over the years...6 to 7 to 9 to 10 to back down to 7, settling on 9 by legislation.

It's been there for something like 150 years.

So I don't think there is anything particular sacred about 9.

At the same time, I recognize that Dems don't have the votes to pack the Supreme Court and this is all just political theater anyways.

I would be more interested in what I call "cascading term limits".....basically pass legislation setting term limits for future Justices of the same term, but having the sitting Justices time out of their present term longest sitting term limiting out first with the next rotating out in say the next 3 years until they're all gone. If you did that, then basically you would have a rotating bench where a new justice would term limit out every three years or so (not saying that the term limit should be 3 years, but because you cascaded the present judges out...whatever the term limit for the new guys is, you would see one term limiting out every three years or so).

If you put the term limit at the same number of justices (9) basically each elected President would get at least one appointment during their term. If you make the term limit longer, there will be gaps where certain Presidents won't get an appointment unless someone retires or resigns, but when the terms started cascading again, those Presidents would get at least on appointment during their term.

There's an argument that such a law wouldn't even require an amendment to the Constitution. I haven't really looked at that issue to have a strong opinion one way or the other.

It's changed in size over the years...6 to 7 to 9 to 10 to back down to 7, settling on 9 by legislation.

At the same time, I recognize that Dems don't have the votes to pack the Supreme Court and this is all just political theater anyways.

I would be more interested in what I call "cascading term limits".....basically pass legislation setting term limits for future Justices of the same term, but having the sitting Justices time out of their present term longest sitting term limiting out first with the next rotating out in say the next 3 years until they're all gone. If you did that, then basically you would have a rotating bench where a new justice would term limit out every three years or so (not saying that the term limit should be 3 years, but because you cascaded the present judges out...whatever the term limit for the new guys is, you would see one term limiting out every three years or so).

If you put the term limit at the same number of justices (9) basically each elected President would get at least one appointment during their term. If you make the term limit longer, there will be gaps where certain Presidents won't get an appointment unless someone retires or resigns, but when the terms started cascading again, those Presidents would get at least on appointment during their term.

There's an argument that such a law wouldn't even require an amendment to the Constitution. I haven't really looked at that issue to have a strong opinion one way or the other.
That’s a reasonable argument. I hope they don’t somehow expand it or I think it would just erode confidence all together in the Supreme Court. The tactic that was used to deny Garland has been used a lot in the past. 3 or 4 year(mid president term) rotating end of terms sounds like it something that could work. I also like the idea of the sixty vote approval for justices, but you can only deny x amount of potential justices. I think it is important to have moderate representation on the Supreme Court. I think it should be looked at as more than a political tool.

Reactions: CowboyJD and launch

The term of a SCOTUS Justice is not the problem, it's the terms of Congressman and Senators.
Under your proposal I can see the SCOTUS turning substantially more political and that's the last thing we need.

More lies. Can you not attempt the truth? Fascism is the right wing goal.. You want absolute control with no freedom of choice except for your group. And as for the supreme court issue, well republicans cheated and stole nominations so use fire against fire.

Study a little history, the court has been changed 7 times I believe I read. And you are right probably more voted for Biden, or rather against Trump, but you guys stole votes and switched them....See how stupid that sounds?

Yes- McCain vs Hussein........Romney vs Hussein = same choice

The term of a SCOTUS Justice is not the problem, it's the terms of Congressman and Senators.
Under your proposal I can see the SCOTUS turning substantially more political and that's the last thing we need.

Do you think term limits for Congress would make it less political?

I certainly don’t.

I also disagree that my proposal would turn SCOTUS more political. I think it would become more balanced and we’d eventually see a more balanced court.

Do you think term limits for Congress would make it less political?

I certainly don’t.

I also disagree that my proposal would turn SCOTUS more political. I think it would become more balanced and we’d eventually see a more balanced court.
I really like your proposal. In essence, the votes of the people will moderate the court choices and thus moderate the court.

That’s a reasonable argument. I hope they don’t somehow expand it or I think it would just erode confidence all together in the Supreme Court. The tactic that was used to deny Garland has been used a lot in the past. 3 or 4 year(mid president term) rotating end of terms sounds like it something that could work. I also like the idea of the sixty vote approval for justices, but you can only deny x amount of potential justices. I think it is important to have moderate representation on the Supreme Court. I think it should be looked at as more than a political tool.

Agreed.

Regarding filibuster rules, I think we should go back to a talking filibuster rule.

I really like your proposal. In essence, the votes of the people will moderate the court choices and thus moderate the court.

Thanks.

That’s exactly the intent. That’s why I believe it would be less political under such a system. You wouldn’t see justices hanging on for political purposes until a President of their choice was elected. You also wouldn’t have as much chicanery with filibusters, refusing to hear a nomination, etc. IMO. And even if Presidents nominated extremely political justices, it wouldn’t unbalance the court unless that much unless one party had a LONG run of Presidential wins.

Thanks.

That’s exactly the intent. That’s why I believe it would be less political under such a system. You wouldn’t see justices hanging on for political purposes until a President of their choice was elected. You also wouldn’t have as much chicanery with filibusters, refusing to hear a nomination, etc. IMO. And even if Presidents nominated extremely political justices, it wouldn’t unbalance the court unless that much unless one party had a LONG run of Presidential wins.
You're brilliant. I don't say that lightly.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT