ADVERTISEMENT

Democrats Melting Down Over House Passing Born Alive Bill

2012Bearcat

MegaPoke is insane
Gold Member
Oct 30, 2010

My apologies for posting another thread on this subject but it seems the assurances made by a couple of posters about abortion up to birth not being a thing were wrong.
I'm no lawyer, but the wording of this possibly suggests that an infant that was born alive in a hospital and an infant born alive after an elective abortion are an equivalent thing in regards to wrongdoing.

There have been and will continue to be plenty of cases where an infant that was deemed non-viable during pregnancy was born alive in a hospital and the parents chose to make the infant a DNR and thus resuscitation was withheld. Sorry, can't get on board with prosecuting physicians for ethical medical practice. I'd be pissed if the government forced neonatal resuscitation of my known non-viable infant on me.

I could also be reading this passage way wrong...

"(2) Any infant born alive after an abortion or within a hospital, clinic, or other facility has the same claim to the protection of the law that would arise for any newborn, or for any person who comes to a hospital, clinic, or other facility for screening and treatment or otherwise becomes a patient within its care."

Reactions: davidallen
Good answer. So do I.
“It’s never going to pass the Senate. It’s never going to get to the president’s desk to be signed into law,” she said. “If you want to make a difference and reduce the number of abortions with a Democrat-controlled Senate, the No. 1 issue we should be working on is access to birth control.”

Reactions: squeak
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT