ADVERTISEMENT

Deer season is almost here.

panhndlpoke

Heisman Candidate
Sep 6, 2006
You guys ready? My BIL has a feeder out on my place but our population is pretty small from the draught a few years ago. We just rebuild so slow. I hope you guys will have more to choose from than us.

I literally can’t catch these bucks out during the day. Have a good 8 point and a monster 10 point on cameras at around 3am every night

we have a couple decent bucks poking around our place but no one has taken anything

we have a couple decent bucks poking around our place but no one has taken anything
My bucks are straight nocturnal. See them all the time on cameras. They are vampires. And for some reason I just see no signs of rut.

My bucks are straight nocturnal. See them all the time on cameras. They are vampires. And for some reason I just see no signs of rut.
I have a real nice 10 but he seems to move 11:00 pm ish constantly. Hoping a hot doe may get him out and about the next few days.

I have a real nice 10 but he seems to move 11:00 pm ish constantly. Hoping a hot doe may get him out and about the next few days.
So I slept in this morning due to hangover from freaking bedlam. Sure enough had a shooter 7 under the stand at 0730. Figures.

So I slept in this morning due to hangover from freaking bedlam. Sure enough had a shooter 7 under the stand at 0730. Figures.
Lol —That’s how it works. The last few years the Wednesday before Thanksgiving has been my day—Hope it is again this year. Good Luck this week—hope you get the big one.

Reactions: SquinkY5786
I went back to the ranch to pick up my stands and cameras, and hunt one last time. Had a shooter 8 pter hang around and finally a second doe came in and piqued his interest and he walked by me at 8 yards, and I double lunged him with an arrow, ran about 90 yards and fell. Not a real old deer but had decent width and height. I'll take him on the last few hours of the last hunt.

The bucks have officially disappeared from the cameras. Don’t know if that means hunting pressure or they are in rut. But been tough sledding since monday. Monday afternoon deer where everywhere and a lot of buck out on their feet

My hunch/experience is that most mature buck quite coming into baited areas as rut begins. I rarely see them on corn, but if the does are still coming around some, they will be checking on them from a distance, until they get to tending a hot doe. Then he might follow her through. My technique for bowhunting is to try to figure out the secondary routes downwind of the baited area or plot, about 50 to 75 yards depending on terrain. I've had good luck with this when they dissappear from the cameras or they start realizing they are being hunted.

saw lots of deer. we have 4 10 points on our three leases. saw one up close. he was moving, prolly on a urine trail. 7 hunters, only one took a buck, 9 point, lost a brow tine fighting?

several will doe hunt this month for meat. stopped counting at 45 deer i saw. but heard very few gunshots in west payne county.
first year for black powder. son in law gave me his old rig and upgraded. psycho wife brought the rig home from hot springs. finally got out to hunt thursday pm, remember the ice storm? friday am had 2 does at my feeder at dawn. 10 min later mr bucky joined them. i had a perfect shot on an 8 point. took the shot and beep, like a small firecracker going off. deer didn't even hear it. son in law said the rifle was loaded and only needed primer. it was unloaded and i didn't know enough to verify. duh.

that was the only shot i had this yr. passed on a 4-6 point and another 6 point. that 6 point got killed by one of our groups grandson the next day, verified on camera.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT