ADVERTISEMENT

deer cam pics

I can never figure out why i have some many problems uploading videos. It keeps telling me it can't be done.

Last edited:
I can't get the video to download, but you get the point. Got a picture of this female about 100 yards from my house on the ranch.

When you get the random trail cam picture of a bobcat that everyone swears is a mountain lion, just compare it to this.

28943864003_24b1e9828d_b.jpg

Couple of nice young bucks that have shown up on a new lease I picked up this year in Central OK. Haven't had much show up on my cameras in Southern OK.

The video is cool but I can't get it to download.

Here are a couple of interesting bucks though both are pretty average. I'll be hunting the non-typical this fall with my bow. The non-typical has really nice bases and is at least 4.5 yrs old as I've seen him for the past 2 seasons and I almost took him last season as he was very tall but didn't have quite as much mass as he does this year. I doubt he'll gain much past this point. Also I'm not crazy about encouraging those genetics. The nice 8 pointer on the other hand looks rather young and could be better in the next year or three. That do you think, guys, esp. who bowhunt, would you take him?
08140328.jpg

08130531.jpg

Last edited:
Buddy of mine sent me a pic of a black bear from one his trail cams in Beggs. No idea how to post it though.

Crazy stuff. The bear population in OK is exploding like crazy. Some lady had one in her backyard in BA either last year or the year before.

DTS, a couple of years ago I posted on here asking about the freakin possibility of red wolves in this vicinity, and could only find the closest ones in the deep southeast. Something similar but larger and more weird looking came by my tree stand a couple of times. I've hunted coyotes all my life, since about 7 yr of age, and never had seen anything remotely like it. I assessed it must be some kind of large dog/coyote mix. It's bark/howl was much deeper (and heftier) and stood out big time during choir practice. Most coyotes in this area never get over 30 lbs or so, but this odd creature could easily have been 60. This specimen in the picture looked about normal size for a coyote.

When I was in Texas I had some ranch cowboys swearing up and down they had a wolf or wolf cross on the ranch. I pretty much ignored them and come to find out it sure enough was a Mexican gray wolf.

Some guy in the next county had a mess of them illegally and apparently they got out. I doubt any of them lasted the year.

I had a similar situation when bowhunting deer/elk hunting in the Flat Tops Wilderness in Colorado (near Glenwood Springs) (That was around 1983). One of the "coyotes" was definitely not in tune with the others. Big deep bark, like my Great Pyreneese, with deep weirder howl. Never saw it though, and was kinda glad. I had it up fairly close howling about dark one day and thought about getting down our of my stand and stalking it.... I stayed put though. ;) One thing I noticed though... I was watching some mule deer that evening, and they never flinched or looked up when the coyotes where howling but when that dude sounded off, they got real nervous and starting moving away.

Last edited:
There have been a couple of wolves that have made it into Colorado, but they don't last long. I know of a female that was collared and came out of Yellowstone. The Basque shepherds in the Zirkel made short work of her but all USFW found was a collar on a fence post.

I distilled 20,000+ pictures to these few...elk and deer.
MFDC3541.JPG

7x7 ... never saw during the season (of course) and only at night on the cameras...

MFDC3439.JPG

Same feeder. Not the best picture, but unless this buck regressed from last year, he's pushing 185"+

Same one as above, with a 4.5 8 point

30551150995_d868755f41_b.jpg" width="1024" height="576" alt="MFDC3336"

These two goobers square off and spar all the time.
30252690510_5f6ebeccd2_b.jpg" width="1024" height="576" alt="MFDC4136"

#1 on the hit list this year. He has an interesting history I'll share sometime.

30551293385_289f6452b1_b.jpg" width="1024" height="576" alt="MFDC4544"

Wow, that #1 on the hit list (I'll call him sickle head) is interestng. That looks to be a pretty big body too.

Jeff, I can't see your first post images.

How about now?

Sickle head is a good name. We call him bumblefoot, which relates directly to the background story I'll share sometime. My nephew missed him this weekend during the muzzleloader opener.

Jeff, yes I can see em now! Very "photogenic!" Would be hard pressed to let him walk, but admire you if you do. That's a lot of headgear to be 3.5.

and Mark.....
Good Googly Moogly Mark! That's a monster! What did he green score? Can you share any other pics? (We know you have them! ;))

Jeff, yes I can see em now! Very "photogenic!" Would be hard pressed to let him walk, but admire you if you do. That's a lot of headgear to be 3.5.

and Mark.....
Good Googly Moogly Mark! That's a monster! What did he green score? Can you share any other pics? (We know you have them! ;))
I (Jeff's brother) let him walk at 25 yards with a cross bow. Great looking deer but he is young. Just hope that we do see him next year too!

Wez, Thanks for sharing! Nice pics. That buck in the rear in the third pic down, looks to be an older deer and definitely would be nice to take!!

Are those elk Free Range? If so, that would make me smile....

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT