ADVERTISEMENT

dc

jon_osu

Heisman Candidate
Jan 18, 2004
'DANIEL CORMIER KICKED MY BUTT LIKE NO OTHER'

"Another match I had when I was a freshman in college, I wrestled (Daniel) Cormier in a home dual, Minnesota vs. Oklahoma State, No. 1 vs. No. 2. Back then, a media outlet — I’m not sure which one — would put out a prediction. They went through match-by-match and they had me wrestling Cormier. They had me losing but it was by a point or two. I wish that was the case.

"I literally got my butt kicked like no other. I think it was 17-8 or 18-7. He lit me up. That match opened my eyes to, hey, nobody cares who you or what you have done.

"Now, Cormier was good, man. He’s a couple of time All-American, a UFC champ, an Olympian, third in the World — the dude is good. He didn’t care that I was a freshman, that I was ranked fourth, fifth, sixth in the country. He had a job to do and he went out there and he beat my butt. It really opened my eyes. They’re going to go out there and they’re going to take from you what they want and if you want to stand there and defend yourself and fight back — you have to do it because nobody is going to hand you anything.

"I walked off that mat — not only was my soul hurt — but my body. He hurt me when I was out there. I remember I got in on a single leg, he got a takedown right away on a high-level single, and he darn near tried to rip my leg off. It popped. It hurt a little bit. I was like, ‘Oh my gosh. This dude is like a freaking animal.’

"It was another match, another loss, that changed what went into my wrestling."

hahn: https://www.trackwrestling.com/Port...927133135&mc_cid=6915204714&mc_eid=3cd086c2d4

Hahn NCAA champion from Minnesota by the way of New Jersey said it. Now head coach at South Dakota State.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT