ADVERTISEMENT

Daton weight change

Jan 6, 2021
Rumors are starting to swirl on other sites that Datons dropping to 125lbs for the post season. Anyone here hear anything legitimate ab this? Would be interesting to see but personally I just think Datons outgrown 125 and 133 is his optimal weight.

Reactions: driad and bwel9339
Rumors are starting to swirl on other sites that Datons dropping to 125lbs for the post season. Anyone here hear anything legitimate ab this? Would be interesting to see but personally I just think Datons outgrown 125 and 133 is his optimal weight.
You mean an Iowa fan posting something on FB then Iowa fans talking about said post on HR then posters on IM saying they saw something on HR then an Iowa poster coming on here asking if anyone's seen rumors. You mean them type of "rumors?" ;_;

I liked the idea at the beginning of the season and thought there was a chance it could happen. Remember, Daton certified in August and weighed less than 141. You don't see 133s that light during the summer and he wasn't in training for any freestyle events. You could have gone with Trevor or Carter at 133 and Dusty Hone at 141.

As far as official comments, Daton was asked during one of the media sessions if he had any plans to change weights. He said not really because 133 is ideal for him. I guess plans can change, so who knows.

Daton to 125? Doubtful. I think he wants another go at RBY. But if this happens to randomly be true he would have to be at or near 125 soon to get the required number of matches for seeding at nationals, correct? Wouldn't he need 8 matches for win % and RPI rating. Then who starts at 133? Mastro or Young? They would need the same number of matches. Even though this is a Iowa pipe dream to see Fix vs. Lee, I just don't see this happening IMO.

I liked the idea at the beginning of the season and thought there was a chance it could happen. Remember, Daton certified in August and weighed less than 141.
Certified at what weight?

Daton to 125? Doubtful. I think he wants another go at RBY. But if this happens to randomly be true he would have to be at or near 125 soon to get the required number of matches for seeding at nationals, correct?

Everyone gets seeded at nationals. You don't need any matches just win B12s, it doesn't matter where he is seeded if 125, nor really for 133.

Certified at what weight?
Track only tells you the alpha weight. You need to be an admin to see the actual certification weight.

I think any lineup changes are probably unlikely at this point (including G & Wyatt). But the earliest we could protentially see something is on 1/28 against UNI. Need at least 4 weeks to make the drop based on the 1.5% per week rule. That would leave 8 duals before Big 12s (so add another 3 matches).

You need 8 matches for a win %, so that would be fine. To get the 15 matches for an RPI rating, someone would likely need another 4 somewhere. Could get that from an Open tournament or from "extra" matches held after duals.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT