ADVERTISEMENT

Crazy COVID Update

That happens. As I stated earlier in this thread, my cousin was in a house with 9 other people that all had Covid symptoms and positive tests and never tested positive or showed any symptoms and never developed antibodies in the month after exposure. I won't say there were 9 cases as only one of the 9 required medical care though she ended up in the ICU. Every major contagion in history has some people that for one reason or another seems to have some level of natural immunity. Typhoid, Black Death, Spanish Flu, etc all had people that came through unscathed despite being surrounded by it. Of course it could just be a fluke and not anything special about the human, but I've found that interesting. There are some research groups (primarily in India) that are studying people that have shown some levels of natural immunity (meaning no antibodies but still some reason they do not seem to catch the virus). They are trying to determine if there is something deeper in the systems of the people that protects them. To my knowledge they've not published anything as of yet, but I'm keeping an eye out for those.
You're describing T-cell immunity. Which is the missing part when the fear-mongering media says that antibody levels drop after X months. So what? Memory B cells and T cells kick back in as soon as your body encounters the virus again.

There's obviously some immunity mechanism keeping re-infection to infinitesimal levels despite the drumbeat of bullshit to the contrary.

Reactions: BIGOSUFAN
You're describing T-cell immunity. Which is the missing part when the fear-mongering media says that antibody levels drop after X months. So what? Memory B cells and T cells kick back in as soon as your body encounters the virus again.

There's obviously some immunity mechanism keeping re-infection to infinitesimal levels despite the drumbeat of bullshit to the contrary.

Actually the two studies in India are both taking T cells into account, but not going in with that bias. We know from the Oxford study that a decent percentage of the population had T cells that match those that appear after a covid 19 infection as far back as 2015. So that very well could be it, but the point of these research projects is to actually use scientific method, which is a lost art. They very well may find that the vast majority of their test subjects already have the T cells. If that is the case, then that helps the populous in the longer term.

Most concerning right now are those that legit had covid and are getting it again. At first when I saw those, there was always a way to discount the story. It was either asymptomatic the first time and then got slammed or vice versa. As I've discussed, asymptomatic positives have a strong likelihood of never actually being infected. Either through some previous exposure to something similar enough that T cells that help in the fight against covid was already in their system or they simply didn't have the viral load required to infect the body, but some cells were pulled out on the swab. What is happening now is an increase in the number of people that have legit had it twice and were symptomatic both times.

Reactions: SSS!!!
I know nothing of this news source- can't be worse than ABC. Worth researching- the amount of money this greed whore gets from us injecting is staggering

The only thing worse than your takes on this whole deal are your links. They either dont take me anywhere (like the one above) or sends me to your personal iCloud account.

Actually the two studies in India are both taking T cells into account, but not going in with that bias. We know from the Oxford study that a decent percentage of the population had T cells that match those that appear after a covid 19 infection as far back as 2015. So that very well could be it, but the point of these research projects is to actually use scientific method, which is a lost art. They very well may find that the vast majority of their test subjects already have the T cells. If that is the case, then that helps the populous in the longer term.

Most concerning right now are those that legit had covid and are getting it again. At first when I saw those, there was always a way to discount the story. It was either asymptomatic the first time and then got slammed or vice versa. As I've discussed, asymptomatic positives have a strong likelihood of never actually being infected. Either through some previous exposure to something similar enough that T cells that help in the fight against covid was already in their system or they simply didn't have the viral load required to infect the body, but some cells were pulled out on the swab. What is happening now is an increase in the number of people that have legit had it twice and were symptomatic both times.
What do you do for a living? Your posts are really good and have legit info in them. Thanks for your info.

The only thing worse than your takes on this whole deal are your links. They either dont take me anywhere (like the one above) or sends me to your personal iCloud account.
My takes are way better than your Nanny govt take care of you so you don't have to think for yourself. If my links are not clickable I appreciate the info

My takes are way better than your Nanny govt take care of you so you don't have to think for yourself. If my links are not clickable I appreciate the info
Anyone who still blatantly trusts our media and govt either hasn't been paying attention or is a Complete moron.

Reactions: Dirk4177
What do you do for a living? Your posts are really good and have legit info in them. Thanks for your info.

I'm the Sr. Network Engineer for a company that primarily makes roofing shingles. I do a ton of research on a lot of things, but I don't use the normal sources for any of it. A normal day for me is in the morning before work I hit the days releases from several European sites that cover Covid research from Germany and England (best two places of information that doesn't seem politically slanted). Then in the evening I catch up on US releases and stuff out of India. During the day I have several teams calls that I really just need to pay partial attention to, so during that time frame I look at security hack releases and best practices or I work on lab setups or testing ideas that we are considering implementing.

The skills I've developed over the last 30 years in finding information I need for my job have made it very easy for me to do the same for pretty much anything. Covid was difficult at first because I didn't understand the terminology. But now, it is pretty rare that I have to dig to understand the concepts. Its one thing to be able to find information, it is another to be able to understand it.

I'm the Sr. Network Engineer for a company that primarily makes roofing shingles. I do a ton of research on a lot of things, but I don't use the normal sources for any of it. A normal day for me is in the morning before work I hit the days releases from several European sites that cover Covid research from Germany and England (best two places of information that doesn't seem politically slanted). Then in the evening I catch up on US releases and stuff out of India. During the day I have several teams calls that I really just need to pay partial attention to, so during that time frame I look at security hack releases and best practices or I work on lab setups or testing ideas that we are considering implementing.

The skills I've developed over the last 30 years in finding information I need for my job have made it very easy for me to do the same for pretty much anything. Covid was difficult at first because I didn't understand the terminology. But now, it is pretty rare that I have to dig to understand the concepts. Its one thing to be able to find information, it is another to be able to understand it.
There's priceless info to be gleaned here, as much as it pains me to lend support to the resident covid spammer--if you really want unfiltered covid info, going directly to the scientific and research sources, and avoiding the media corruption of the information, is the best way to go.

I'm sure it will raise some eyebrows around here to learn that the French and Belgian researchers, essentially their equivalent to the CDC but non-politicized and fearful of lawyers, discovered that 10 and 14 day quarantines were useless. In tens of thousands of covid positives, they could not find live, transmissable virus past day 7 of symptoms. So Belgium changed their quarantine time to 7 days. Seems reasonable huh? Not to the CDC, who didn't change their 14 day guidance until October, and then to the padded, and current, 10 days.

"Trust the science" hasn't been followed any more by the covid-fear army than it has by their opponents. Both are guilty of not trusting the science when it suits their agendas.

Reactions: squeak
Well well....Belgium did tests said bTW Vit D reduces covid deaths by 82 percent!!!! Something many said last March and were censored by our Commi media and social media. So it it's a 99.95 percent survival and now they take VIT D - what does that being the survival rate up to? LMAO
Media/Govt officials should go to prison for murder.
Of Course you have big pharmaceutical donating Billions to bureaucrats so they will carry their water:

"Hey let's sell millions and millions of experimental vaccines to people that don't need them for making ourselves billions"

BTW 10's of patients said to have died per Norway taking the vaccine. Another report says women having bad convulsions.
No way in Haites I'd take

Does he fact that the virus came
CCP China not
Mean anything to everyone?

Does the fact
That the vaccine contains aborted
Fetal parts mean anything to y'all?
Cmon man.

Next wave of Kung flu that comes through the death rate will be worse- ones just will pass will be ones that have been vaccinated- Mark it down

Not sure if this will share- and I don't know the sources but does go along with what I've heard is that this "vaccine" thing will make COVID worse as well as other afflictions.
- Join the conversation on @clouthub

So far, not that bad. I’m dreading the lactation stage though.
It’s not all bad
tumblr_inline_p71m9jZVtV1uuqkoh_500.gifv

The most amusing thing to me is the bizarre insistence of wearing masks (I call it “the cult of the Mask”). There’s no evidence that masks work. Remember when the CDC told us “if 80% of people wear masks we can beat COVID”. Well in most urban areas over 95% of people are wearing masks. No effect. Majority who get COVID wear masks all the time. I chuckle when I take my kids to the park and most of the parents are wearing masks outside or when I see folks wearing masks while riding bikes. Insanity. And I say all of that as a Physician.

This weekend I found some very interesting items that I'm not sure how I missed them before this weekend. https://off-guardian.org/2021/01/03/what-vaccine-trials/ Now, let me be clear, I didn't not completely follow the crumb trail on this and it is not an established news source. So I can not tell the extent of "truth" in this writing. One example is their off link to describe how the 94-95% efficacy rate was determined goes to a letter to the editor posting on The BMJ. There has since been posted at the top a disclaimer that the information has been used in a misleading way. When you look at the posting, it specifically states: Pfizer’s vaccine “may be more than 90% effective.” (Mahase, BMJ 2020;371:m4347, November 9) Specific data are not given but it is easy enough to approximate the numbers involved, based on the 94 cases in a trial that has enrolled about 40,000 subjects: 8 cases in a vaccine group of 20,000 and 86 cases in a placebo group of 20,000. So while the estimations may be correct, or at least close enough to gain an understanding, it is not fully disclosed data, but is in fact just an exercise similar to what I did a few pages ago when talking about data collection. NOTE: this article is based on the UK and not specifically the US. The information still is relevant because its primary focus is the Pfizer vaccine.

The reason why I felt strong enough about this to post it is pretty simple, it explains exactly how the vaccines are being incorrectly publicized as fully tested and safe when there has been zero data released to validate that position. The realities are that the current mRNA vaccines were not built on any nucleotides that are specific to Covid 19.

Reactions: squeak and osuintx
This weekend I found some very interesting items that I'm not sure how I missed them before this weekend. https://off-guardian.org/2021/01/03/what-vaccine-trials/ Now, let me be clear, I didn't not completely follow the crumb trail on this and it is not an established news source. So I can not tell the extent of "truth" in this writing. One example is their off link to describe how the 94-95% efficacy rate was determined goes to a letter to the editor posting on The BMJ. There has since been posted at the top a disclaimer that the information has been used in a misleading way. When you look at the posting, it specifically states: Pfizer’s vaccine “may be more than 90% effective.” (Mahase, BMJ 2020;371:m4347, November 9) Specific data are not given but it is easy enough to approximate the numbers involved, based on the 94 cases in a trial that has enrolled about 40,000 subjects: 8 cases in a vaccine group of 20,000 and 86 cases in a placebo group of 20,000. So while the estimations may be correct, or at least close enough to gain an understanding, it is not fully disclosed data, but is in fact just an exercise similar to what I did a few pages ago when talking about data collection. NOTE: this article is based on the UK and not specifically the US. The information still is relevant because its primary focus is the Pfizer vaccine.

The reason why I felt strong enough about this to post it is pretty simple, it explains exactly how the vaccines are being incorrectly publicized as fully tested and safe when there has been zero data released to validate that position. The realities are that the current mRNA vaccines were not built on any nucleotides that are specific to Covid 19.

The current mRNA vaccines were built on spike proteins common to COVID. There was enough data to establish their efficacy and effectiveness. The efficacy data is impressive and better than anyone could’ve imagined. I got mine on 12/24 and get the second dose on Thursday. More importantly, my early-70s parents got their first doses last week. Things should hopefully be close to normal by August/September if enough people get vaccinated.

Last edited:
Reactions: Medic007 and SSS!!!
The most amusing thing to me is the bizarre insistence of wearing masks (I call it “the cult of the Mask”). There’s no evidence that masks work. Remember when the CDC told us “if 80% of people wear masks we can beat COVID”. Well in most urban areas over 95% of people are wearing masks. No effect. Majority who get COVID wear masks all the time. I chuckle when I take my kids to the park and most of the parents are wearing masks outside or when I see folks wearing masks while riding bikes. Insanity. And I say all of that as a Physician.
All you need it common sense on masks. It does cut down on how far it can disperse when you cough, sneeze, or breath. That’s all they are for. Social distancing and wearing a mask helps to cut down on spread and it isn’t full proof.

All you need it common sense on masks. It does cut down on how far it can disperse when you cough, sneeze, or breath. That’s all they are for. Social distancing and wearing a mask helps to cut down on spread and it isn’t full proof.

There’s literally no evidence that masks do anything to cut down on COVID spread.

There’s literally no evidence that masks do anything to cut down on COVID spread.

Maybe you should look into droplet precautions. We have used this with flu patients for years. We have also used this in reverse when taking care of immunocompromised patients.

Do you realize why surgeons wear surgical masks in surgery, or why I have to wear surgical masks in IR?

Are the fool proof? Well no. Do they cut down on quite a few transmissions? Well, yes. The biggest problem mask wears have is that they do not know how to don, or doff the masks correctly. You can't go touching every surface, and then go adjusting your mask, or touching your face. The other problem with mask wearers is they do not cover their nose, but they wear it like Mike Gundy on the sidelines under their chin.

You need to wash your hands all the time before you rub your face, or touch your mask.

SARS-Cov2 is not airborne unless the patient is on an open circuit of BiPaP, or CPaP. These devices can cause it to be aerosolized.

Last edited:
Maybe you should look into droplet precautions. We have used this with flu patients for years. We have also used this in reverse when taking care of immunocompromised patients.

Do you realize why surgeons wear surgical masks in surgery, or why I have to wear surgical masks in IR?

Are the fool proof? Well no. Do they cut down on quite a few transmissions? Well, yes. The biggest problem mask wears have is that they do not know how to don, or doff the masks correctly. You can't go touching every surface, and then go adjusting your mask, or touching your face. The other problem with mask wearers is they do not cover their nose, but they wear it like Mike Gundy on the sidelines under their chin.

You need to wash your hands all the time before you rub your face, or touch your mask.

SARS-Cov2 is not airborne unless the patient is on an open circuit of BiPaP, or CPaP. These devices can cause it to be aerosolized.

On this, people think that the reason for wearing a mask is supposed to be a single thing that can prevent COVID. It is one single step of many to reduce/eliminate. Just like the vaccine, it is not a single bullet to stop COVID transmission. Everybody wants to get back to normal ASAP. Burying heads in the sand won’t do it. Mask + hand washing + vaccination + social distancing (especially indoors) are all needed to get there quicker. I love an image I saw using layers of swiss cheese as a great visual. Lots of holes in each layer, but all together, gaps are filled.

Just like in surgery, wearing gloves or mask only will not provide good protection.

I had my first shot last week while in a room of several hundred. I expect around a fourth of the people there to be dead in a year unrelated to Covid.

I’ve tried that stupid web site many many times and it’s a joke. It shows an available location, you click on it and see the available times, click on one of those and you have to enter the matching letters/characters, then it either tells you didn’t match the characters or that time slot has been taken.

Wife and I got the first shot of the Moderna vaccine last Thursday. Live in Tulsa but the first 63 closest vaccination sites to our home had no appointments available. The 64th closest was in Poteau which just happens to be my hometown. Easy two hour drive. It was extremely well organized. Included health care professionals, first responders, and even a few National Guard personnel. The folks were professional, efficient, and very friendly. Smooth process.

Unfortunately the registration portal and Oklahoma Health Care Department online registration and appointment scheduling system is not so friendly.

Everybody, including my wife and me, seems to report very sore arms for a day or two after injection. I had no other side effects but my wife (who’s about half my size), had nausea, fatigue, and a low grade fever for about 36 hours.

Looking forward to completing the vaccination process with the second shot in February. But not able to schedule it yet thru the State’s online portal. Must be brutally tough for elderly who don’t have much in the way of computer skills and internet access. Sad because they need it the most!!

Reactions: SSS!!!
Wife and I got the first shot of the Moderna vaccine last Thursday. Live in Tulsa but the first 63 closest vaccination sites to our home had no appointments available. The 64th closest was in Poteau which just happens to be my hometown. Easy two hour drive. It was extremely well organized. Included health care professionals, first responders, and even a few National Guard personnel. The folks were professional, efficient, and very friendly. Smooth process.

Unfortunately the registration portal and Oklahoma Health Care Department online registration and appointment scheduling system is not so friendly.

Everybody, including my wife and me, seems to report very sore arms for a day or two after injection. I had no other side effects but my wife (who’s about half my size), had nausea, fatigue, and a low grade fever for about 36 hours.

Looking forward to completing the vaccination process with the second shot in February. But not able to schedule it yet thru the State’s online portal. Must be brutally tough for elderly who don’t have much in the way of computer skills and internet access. Sad because they need it the most!!
Yeah the process can be brutal from what Ive heard. Whats crazy is our state has actually been one of the best. Cant imagine what the states where they've had such low vaccination numbers has been like.

Yeah the process can be brutal from what Ive heard. Whats crazy is our state has actually been one of the best. Cant imagine what the states where they've had such low vaccination numbers has been like.
Yes, to be fair, poor portal design not withstanding, it appears that the availability and flow of vaccines to the the vaccination sites is sporadic at best..

Reactions: blbronco
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT