ADVERTISEMENT

Crazy COVID Update

tcpoke

MegaPoke is insane
Gold Member
Oct 21, 2004
Some of you may remember that I was quarantined in March after prolonged close contact with one of the first cases in the State. That individual was my dad. Well, he is now the first confirmed case in Oklahoma (and one of the first in the country) to contract it again.

And once again me, my wife and two kids are in quarantine.

Last edited:
Some of you may remember that I was quarantined in March after prolonged close contact with one of the first cases in the State. That individual was my dad. Well, he is now the first confirmed case in Oklahoma (and one of the first in the country) to contract it again.

Patient 0. Is it any worse the second time?

sorry to hear that, sucks hard.

I’m curious as to how sick he got the first time, how long it took him to kick it, and how sick is he the second time.

And once again me, my wife and two kids are again in quarantine.

Crazy deal! Hope he is feeling better and stays that way.

First case was very mild. Fever for three days and cough for about 10. Has felt a little worse the second time around (body aches and headache) but still mild so far relatively speaking. Was diagnosed on Tuesday and in many cases if you can get past day 7 without it getting really bad you will continue to tend as a mild case.

Ive been hearing of several getting it fir the second time recently. Hope he is ok.

The thought is that it is likely more common than originally thought. Depending on timeframe some of the second cases were flare ups of the original infection, however that obviously isn’t the case on this one. His original antibodies lasted about four months.

That's awful. Best wishes to your family.

Did he ever test for the antibodies? I know several like me that tested positive for Covid but never tested positive for the antibodies. My doc said they see it with blood type O+.

Hope he feels better soon.

Did he ever test for the antibodies? I know several like me that tested positive for Covid but never tested positive for the antibodies. My doc said they see it with blood type O+.

Hope he feels better soon.

Multiple times. They lasted about four months exactly.

I asked to get tested for antibodies from my doc and he said those weren't enough so I didn't get the test. You need the shot as well. So, even if you've got the antibodies, you still need the vaccine.

From what I’ve heard from people I know, side effects have been minimal or nonexistent so far. Good news!

Reactions: gyppoke
I asked to get tested for antibodies from my doc and he said those weren't enough so I didn't get the test. You need the shot as well. So, even if you've got the antibodies, you still need the vaccine.
Very debatable.

Ton of research says that immunity through antibodies and T cells last way past 4 or 6 months.

Much higher rate of side effects with the second dose, but only 15% or so and they only last 12-24 hours.
Most people have been just a super version of the flu shot....Part where they got the shot is extra sore and sensitive and just general exhaustion is more, but after 3 days, most people are back to normal. Hope all is well.

Moderna was just sorness on injection spot for a few days for me

Most people have been just a super version of the flu shot....Part where they got the shot is extra sore and sensitive and just general exhaustion is more, but after 3 days, most people are back to normal. Hope all is well.

I know two people (physicians) that ran fevers and stuff the day after the second shot, but it lasted less than 24 hours for both of them.

Got my first shot. Just tired the rest of day. Others I know were tired all weekend.

Is there any truth to stuff about your blood type can tell you how bad of Covid symptoms you'll have? I've heard A and AB get it much worse than B or O. I've got a friend who was hospitalized for it and he said that is what the nurses told him.

Got my first dose of Moderna 4 days ago, zero side effects other than mild soreness at injection spot that lasted about 24 hours.

Reactions: Been Jammin
I’ve had a covid recently AND I got my first moderna shot last week. I felt worse after the vaccination than I ever did with covid, but it really wasn’t bad at all. I’m 42 and in the medical field .

Lost one of my best friends for the last 20 years Saturday. He ,his wife and daughter all got it the same time. Wife and daughter were fine. Bruce went into the hospital and had been on a ventilator for a month. Doctors thought he was getting better but last Thursday he took a turn for the worse and slipped into a coma. Died Saturday.

He was 60 years old, overweight and border line diabetic just like me. This is the first person I been close to who has died from it. Really depressing.

Lost one of my best friends for the last 20 years Saturday. He ,his wife and daughter all got it the same time. Wife and daughter were fine. Bruce went into the hospital and had been on a ventilator for a month. Doctors thought he was getting better but last Thursday he took a turn for the worse and slipped into a coma. Died Saturday.

He was 60 years old, overweight and border line diabetic just like me. This is the first person I been close to who has died from it. Really depressing.

So sorry. Prayers sent. Sucks losing people that ordinarily would have many more years.

Managed to not catch the Vid this whole time. Only poke my head out of the bunker for work and to go to Costco once a month. I am going to stay hunkered down and not get the vaccine. You all are going to need my pure blood when I save you all “I Am Legend” style. I think I have up to 21 months of emergency rations now and soon am going dark. Look for my farewell post coming soon.

I’m so sorry to hear this. I know of people my age in good health who’ve really struggled and I’ve known older people in poor health who had very few issues .

Sorry to see this. Prayers sent for all that knew him.

One of my son’s best friends had her whole family get it. She lost her grandmother and her father three days apart in December. Grandmother was healthy, but late 70’s. Her father was early 50’s and healthy.

Reactions: FMPoke
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT