ADVERTISEMENT

Coyote Hunters

Pokes15

All-American
Gold Member
Aug 28, 2006
You guys using mouth calls or electronic or a mixture of both? I grew up using a mouth call, a couple of my buddies have FoxPro's that I hunt with and we've had good success with them, but there always seems to be something that happens (battery runs out, shorts out, etc,) when we're hunting.

All of the above. At the same time if necessary

Of course I'm typically most effective just driving around shooting them out the window on the ranch

Reactions: panhndlpoke
Cabela's is having a sale on the FoxPro Wildfire II right now for $129. I may pick that up. It has pretty good reviews all over the web for being one of FoxPro's cheaper models.

I've got one. Works great

I haven't called many coyotes in, but I'm not as committed to calling as you need to be for efficacy

I'm an opportunist

I've got a thunder dog and we killed a dozen last year without putting in much effort.

I carry a dying rabbit call, but I seem to scare them off...so I just let the call do the work.

All of the above. At the same time if necessary

Of course I'm typically most effective just driving around shooting them out the window on the ranch

Shooting from the platform right outside the cab of the combine is pretty effective too.

Not so much personal experience but haven't been driving a combine much lately either.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT