brock winner 14 - 10
g winner 9 - 1
shomers winner 3 - 1
jacobe winner 6 - 5
geer winner 14 - 4
white winner 8 - 2
ny nic winner 12 - 4
fix winner 3 - 0
We got an easy win but talk about uninspired wrestling. People wonder why attendance at wrestling is going down at Oklahoma State. Lots of boring no scoring matches. An example would be Chandler being interviewed about this match and talking about avenging last years defeat and does nothing in the match. This is unusual for Rogers but I watched the match today and it was sad. I don't know if anyone wrestled well maybe Geer. Too many of these matches each year and I believe it hurts Cowboy wrestling. I can't even describe how bad Marsden wrestled.

We got an easy win but talk about uninspired wrestling. People wonder why attendance at wrestling is going down at Oklahoma State. Lots of boring no scoring matches. An example would be Chandler being interviewed about this match and talking about avenging last years defeat and does nothing in the match. This is unusual for Rogers but I watched the match today and it was sad. I don't know if anyone wrestled well maybe Geer. Too many of these matches each year and I believe it hurts Cowboy wrestling. I can't even describe how bad Marsden wrestled.
Didn't Fix, Picc, and G wrestle pretty well?

Didn't Fix, Picc, and G wrestle pretty well?
Yes, they wrestled solid matches and yes Kaid wrestled a good first period except giving up the last escape at the end of the 1st period. Watching Kaid fade in a match changes my opinion of his matches so far this year. White with a broken finger wrestled okay also. I am looking for better wrestling than this from the Cowboys.

Reactions: Wrassler17
Hey hats off to Mark Branch and co. for bringing in a tough team. Wyoming was on their game and didn’t seem to be out of any match. I only hope we looked terrible because John was working some thanksgiving off of them before the match.

Reactions: Wrassler17
I would be willing to bet Fix will give up 5 takedowns or less this season . His scrambling is fun to watch . The cartwheel he did on his head early in the match was super athletic.

Reactions: osu2082

Based on coach Smith's post match comments, I would say he agrees with you.

Coach Smith was as upset as I have seen him in his post march breakdown. Almost disgusted with Chandler's and Jacobe's performances.

Said he might send some to one of the upcoming opens. Did say Preston is slated to be back in December and Boo could be back in January.

Coach Smith was as upset as I have seen him in his post march breakdown. Almost disgusted with Chandler's and Jacobe's performances.

Said he might send some to one of the upcoming opens. Did say Preston is slated to be back in December and Boo could be back in January.

he has joe joe in the wings so i am sure his tolerance for senior mistakes are very thin right now.

Do we know what Boo's injury is? Or Preston's?

To me, it seems Chandler has forgotten how to wrestle and only wants to go for a throw move. He is constantly trying to get a throw hold and if he can't he generates no other offensive moves. Wrestle first then look for the big move second.

Ashworth deserves a lot of credit for a good game-plan. He used hard clubs, constantly getting a collar tie where he buried his elbow in Rogers' chest which makes it extremely difficult to penetrate (the elbow naturally blocks and you can feel any move your opponent makes). He even used a two-hand shove at one point, anything he could do to keep Rogers at a distance where he couldn't mount an attack. This is something we saw a lot when Chandler was at 174, longer guys were able to shut him down because he doesn't work well from space. He tried a couple of shots Sunday, but never got close. The book on how to beat Rogers has been out for a long time, but few have been able to execute it. Ashworth has done it twice now.

Ashworth is good, he generated ZERO offense. Chandler tried about 8 two on ones, and one shot from Perkins. He got rode like a $10 pony at the fair for the whole period with his head on the mat.

ADVERTISEMENT