ADVERTISEMENT

Cowboy RTC

What Penn State is allegedly doing is already illegal under NCAA rules if anyone can actually prove it. I have yet to hear any proposals that can effectively prevent that sort of loophole. You could move the RTCs off campus and prevent anyone on an NCAA staff from working there, but all that does is give the big money RTCs even more of an advantage because they'll be the only ones that can afford their own facility with a quality coaching staff. Does anyone that thinks Penn State is cheating believe they wouldn't if it were the State College RTC a few miles away?

Reactions: oberebo
let’s allow ped st guys to use hgh

and see how long that stays ok

with willie

selling out john smith because you wanna sell your website is a great disservice to the sport
who/what is ped st?

And I think that @smalls103 saying that he follows recruiting closer, and has done more to advance the sport than John is pure nonsense. And he calls himself the greatest mind in wrestling. Maybe in his own mind he is, but that should tell you what type of an egotistical fool he can be. Sometimes I like his takes, though, so I can't condemn him totally.

who/what is ped st?

And I think that @smalls103 saying that he follows recruiting closer, and has done more to advance the sport than John is pure nonsense. And he calls himself the greatest mind in wrestling. Maybe in his own mind he is, but that should tell you what type of an egotistical fool he can be. Sometimes I like his takes, though, so I can't condemn him totally.
I wonder if Sanderson was at this coaches meeting and how uncomfortable that would be that all these coaches are saying some RTC's ( Penn. St.) have stacked the deck against everyone for many years ( basically cheating). Also so many coaches agree with what Coach Smith said and yet Willie is foolish enough to say John Smith is out his mind. This action should have been taken long ago. Coach Smith has taken strong action but this action should have taken place long ago. Willie sure could be 100% wrong but he painted a picture that Coach Smith does not go to these meetings but jumped in a private jet spoke his peace and left as soon after he spoke, in the jet ( Boone Pickens money jet). I hope this is not true. Our coach should be at these meetings.

Holder told Duckworth he has a facility in mind that is much nicer than Ohio St. has. I assume theirs is very swanky.

I have zero inside info and I don’t know how long it will take. However, when we build a wrestling facility it will be miles ahead of anything else out there.

Reactions: osu2082
Holder told Duckworth he has a facility in mind that is much nicer than Ohio St. has. I assume theirs is very swanky.

Trackwrestling has been running a series on facility upgrades across the country. Here's the tOSU one...

The key part to watch is from around the 7 minute mark to the 14:30 mark. That covers the wrestling room and ends with a quick view of the attached arena.

For those that don't want to watch, here are some quick hits...

- 5 mats
- Modern sound system, including the ability for the coach's instructions to be piped over it
- 25 foot flat screen
- Practice on each mat recorded
- Ability for donors to watch practice remotely
- Logan Stieber will run a Wrestling Academy using the room

Dresser's take on the RTCs...seems nearly every big time coach agrees with John & disagrees with the Flo guys. Shocking.

How could we even benefit if there is a 50 mile rule? Pawnee, Perkins, Mullhall and Yale etc., don’t put out much and Perry and Stillwater not much more. Just short of both metro areas. They’ll need to bump that out a bit.

Reactions: Air_Thurman
How could we even benefit if there is a 50 mile rule? Pawnee, Perkins, Mullhall and Yale etc., don’t put out much and Perry and Stillwater not much more. Just short of both metro areas. They’ll need to bump that out a bit.

Yeah 50 gets you nothing. My guess is the radius could easily be changed. We need at least 100 miles to include Tuttle. That should also get you the Tulsa talent.

I might be wrong, but it seems like there is a loophole or a catch to the 50 mile rule. If you don't live within 50 miles of a club team you either have to go to the closest to you or you got to pick which one, and I might be completely wrong.

Reactions: Air_Thurman
JO is leaving Cornell & going to UNC. I was really hoping we would get him back to Stillwater.

He would thrive with Perry as his coach. Daton loves working with him. He could develop the middleweights. He knows Dake's style, which would benefit Alex.

I'm bummed. Really hope he makes the Olympic team.

Asking this question again.

1. With all its tradition, how come the consensus on this board is that the Cowboy RTC has no money?

Reactions: tom_v31
I would think if John Smith and Mike Holder wanted an RTC there would be plenty of funding for the same. Mike is pretty good at raising money for athletic programs.

Reactions: CowboyTanker
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT