ADVERTISEMENT

Cowboy RTC

I think people would be more willing and enthusiastic about donating if they knew that the RTC was making positive changes to put itself in a position to compete with the likes of NLWC. We keep hearing that big things are coming. But up to this point all I’ve seen or heard is a new website, poker night and a golf torny.

I think two things need to happen. First, Coach Smith needs to demonstrate publicly his 100% support for the RTC and his willingness and effort to put the wheels in motion. Secondly, they need to bring in a new coach, preferably someone with a big pedigree who can recruit top talent. We don’t need to have 10 Olympic training athletes in the room, but certainly 3 or 4 would make a huge difference. My view on the RTC is that it should be used more as a development tool for all the guys in the room more than for recruitment purposes.

The golf fundraiser apparently had a bunch of corporate sponsors. That's a good thing. Maybe no huge donations just yet. And maybe we don't have a named RTC sponsor yet, like Michigan (Cliff Keen) or Cornell (Spartan). But it's a start hopefully.

Another good sign...I saw a couple of tweets where John briefly discussed/promoted the RTC. Maybe not what many have been clamoring for (myself included), but I had not heard John publicly support the RTC before.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT