Cory Booker

Discussion in '24/7 Politics' started by Ponca Dan, Aug 15, 2019.

1. Ponca Dan

Ponca Dan Heisman Candidate
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

A few weeks ago, while Cory Booker was still regarded as a viable Democratic Party candidate, I asked this board who could look at the man and see presidential material. As I recall not a single person could, not even our friends on the left that bothered to reply.

I have spent some time thinking about the phenomenon that is Cory Booker, wondering what he sees in himself that the rest of us miss, and I think I've figured it out. Booker is like the slightly pudgy oversized kid in grade school that is zealously eager to get the teacher and his fellow students to like him, willing to do almost anything to bring him to their attention, willing to say what he thinks they want to hear, desperate to get them to ignore his oversized pudginess. He doesn't express any principles he holds as foundational beyond poll approved rhetoric, because the only real principle he has is the burning desire to be loved. I would put Booker's political demeanor like this: When he speaks he believes what he says, the exact opposite of him saying it because he believes it. He believes what he says. He does not necessarily say what he believes.

I think his shallowness engulfs the man. In the debate when Beto spoke Spanish before he could you could see the look of despair in his face. And when he spoke Spanish you could picture the gears turning, terrorized that he would screw up the few sentences he had practiced in front of the mirror a thousand times.

I think Booker is toast, has no chance at the nomination, stays in the race for unknown personal reasons, but partly because he so badly wants people to see the "real" Cory Booker, the one he has spent a lifetime cultivating for political gain. He's best suited as a mayor. He's a disaster on the national stage.

shortbus likes this.
  2. windriverrange

windriverrange Heisman Candidate
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Booker is exactly like the singer that tries out for "AGT" and is horrible. Simone C then asks who told you that you were a good singer. The answer is always my parents and good friends. Simone, more than once, has said "they lied to you."

Booker is pitiful and is being sucked out to sea by a democratic has been rip tide.

2 windriverrange, Aug 15, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2019
  3. long-duc-dong

long-duc-dong Heisman Candidate
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Racist.

4. MegaPoke

MegaPoke Moderator
    Expand Collapse

Someone described him as a bargain store Obama. I lol’d.

5. Sunburnt Indian

Sunburnt Indian Redshirt
    Expand Collapse

John Blake and Charlie Strong ended any hope of black head coaches at OU and UT for at least a generation. The long-legged Mack Daddy has done the same for Booker and Michelle.

iasooner1, 22LR and N. Pappagiorgio like this.
  6. JimmyBob

JimmyBob Heisman Candidate
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Saw in the TW he's coming to Tulsa; you need to go listen to his lame bullshit and report back!:D

K2C Sooner and MegaPoke like this.
  7. Pokeabear

Pokeabear Heisman Candidate
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

He sees what he wants to see. Booker is not the answer, almost nobody from New Jersey ever is except the Boss and sometimes eh.....

MegaPoke likes this.
  8. Headhunter

Headhunter Heisman Winner
    Expand Collapse

He comes off exactly as he is.

A spoiled kid of wealthy privilege who is trying to come off street smart, tough and in tune with working class folks but is clearly way out of his element.

shortbus likes this.